Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 12:03 PM

31 posts, read 22,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Oh, C'MON ALEX!

The guy has such a big crush on you he can't stand it! You are threatening his long standing relationship with someone else, and he doesn't know what to make of it. So he pushes you away and at the same time is drawn to you.
Ya want him?
GO FOR IT! Smile at him and flash him the inside of your wrist (WHAT? You don't know that move?) and bump into him from time to time so he can smell your hair, etc, etc.....

And DO let us know!
lol, gosh!

In a perfect world I could do all this but he's got a girlfriend and is not very nice to me. He needs to grow up.

Thanks Listener!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 12:08 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexanda View Post
JanND,

You're right. I will admit there is a slight obsession. The hot/cold behavior has got me thrown. They say that's how this little game is supposed to work? To get the girl or guy constantly thinking about the other?

I think the hot/cold behavior is mean in and of itself and now more than before I believe he's fully aware of what he's been doing. Yes, he ignores me sometimes. And let's just say that I don't go out of my way to speak, either.
You're right on all counts. It's too much game-playing. Wouldn't you rather be around a guy who's straightforward and friendly? You know, normal? Go find that guy.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Yes, tell him you want nothing to do with him in any fashion. You don't even have to bring up the word sex. That will unburden you. He'll move on.
Ok, but his little game has been very covert so if I say that to him he will look at me like wth are you talking about? Basically, I will look like the fool. I know what he's been doing but he will just play it off because he hasn't been direct.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're right on all counts. It's too much game-playing. Wouldn't you rather be around a guy who's straightforward and friendly? You know, normal? Go find that guy.
Thanks Ruth and yes, I do want that...there is this guy. He intimidates me but he is so much man. Perfect in every sense. I know you may need more backstory but he mentioned in front of me the other day that he is single. I blew him off a little last year when he asked for my number but now I'm kicking myself. I didn't realize until now that he is a perfect fit. Not sure how to go about this now.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:18 PM

10,052 posts, read 18,104,708 times
OP, how old are you? Honestly, you and he both sound like 13-year-olds.

And it's pretty clear you wanted the answer to your first post to be, "He likes you, of course." (Asking if he hates you? Seriously?) So at least you got that from some posters. Feel better now?

Quote:
Someone else said that. How does he manage to make me feel so horrible?
He doesn't MAKE you feel anything -- you make YOURSELF feel so horrible because you have let yourself become obsessed.

Quote:
^^^ This!!!!!!!!

Old 12-12-2015, 12:25 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times
Quote:
Thanks Ruth and yes, I do want that...there is this guy. He intimidates me but he is so much man. Perfect in every sense. I know you may need more backstory but he mentioned in front of me the other day that he is single. I blew him off a little last year when he asked for my number but now I'm kicking myself. I didn't realize until now that he is a perfect fit. Not sure how to go about this now.
We don't know anything about this guy, but if it was just recently he mentioned he's single, go talk to him. Simple. Are you going to any local events soon? Ask him if he's going to the (insert event here). Let a convo develop, and say it would be great to see him there. Even if you're not planning anything, look at the events calendar and come up with something, even a free event.

Or...whatever. Use your imagination.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:28 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,469,995 times
Quote:
Ok, but his little game has been very covert so if I say that to him he will look at me like wth are you talking about? Basically, I will look like the fool. I know what he's been doing but he will just play it off because he hasn't been direct.
And so what if he does? Do you care? No. You are not attracted to him. You are not friends with him. This is just some casual acquaintance. You set yourself free by doing this and you set him free.

You are clearly bothered by him enough to vent to strangers. Just get it over with.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:41 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,042,284 times
Here's my take - you already know you don't want to sleep with him. In addition, you said he off-and-on acts like an ass. Moving when you sat down was ridiculous and mean. The second time it sounds like he wanted to sit anywhere but near you as he was "lingering" instead of doing the obvious - just sitting down - then figured he had no choice or something? I'd be annoyed at anybody who did those things to me - male, female, young, old, wouldn't matter.

So you don't even want him as a friend, right? I hope. So...personally, I'd just avoid him. Who the heck needs to be around a total ass? What could you be getting out of it? I agree with Ruth. Avoid.

Quote:
And so what if he does? Do you care? No. You are not attracted to him. You are not friends with him.
Yes.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
We don't know anything about this guy, but if it was just recently he mentioned he's single, go talk to him. Simple. Are you going to any local events soon? Ask him if he's going to the (insert event here). Let a convo develop, and say it would be great to see him there. Even if you're not planning anything, look at the events calendar and come up with something, even a free event.

Or...whatever. Use your imagination.
Thanks

Old 12-12-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
And so what if he does? Do you care? No. You are not attracted to him. You are not friends with him. This is just some casual acquaintance. You set yourself free by doing this and you set him free.

You are clearly bothered by him enough to vent to strangers. Just get it over with.
Ok, I'll try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships