Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 08:16 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times

Advertisements

Happened to me...

She was my roommate. I had a GF at the time.

GF was a Russian petite blonde spinner very sexual, passionate, independent, and strong willed.

My roommate is an American born tall (taller than me) brunette that had this "teacher" like aspect to her. The type that you can bring home to mom and dad. We enjoyed the quieter things things in life.

She did a wonderful job trying to fit in with my group of friends which she had so little in common with. After my relationship came to an end, we spent more and more time together. She became my "best friend".... then eventually loved each other. After several years, we got married. That was 15 years ago and we now have 3 children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 08:20 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Hasn't happened to me.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:36 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Happened to me...

GF was a Russian petite blonde spinner very sexual, passionate, independent, and strong willed.

My roommate is an American born tall (taller than me) brunette that had this "teacher" like aspect to her. The type that you can bring home to mom and dad. We enjoyed the quieter things things in life.

She did a wonderful job trying to fit in with my group of friends which she had so little in common with. After my relationship came to an end, we spent more and more time together. She became my "best friend".... then eventually loved each other. After several years, we got married. That was 15 years ago and we now have 3 children.
Great story!!!

My first bf was trying to win me over for more than half a year. I didn't like him, I didn't find him attractive (he was below average) and I found it annoying that he always showed up where I was. I told my parents that if he calls, I am not home. Then I slowly fell for him. We were together for 6 years and he was my first big love. It took me many years to get over him, I loved him like crazy. Of course, the moment we finally started dating, he started cheating. I guess he was all in for the hunt.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:51 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
When I first met my husband, I didn't think he was "my type" but I accepted a date from him anyway because I had just made a New Years Resolution to accept all proper invitations (not just romantic, but all invitations in general). It was a resolution I made to inspire me to not always be such a homebody, and to break out of my comfort zone a little bit.

If it weren't for having just made that resolution, I probably would have turned him down. He is attractive but he had a hardened, tough persona that made me wary. I'm not and never have been interested in bad boys, thank you very much. After our first date, I realized that I had misjudged him and was intrigued enough to accept a second date. By the third date, after he kissed me, I had forgotten about all of my reservations, and the rest is history.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:05 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,686 times
I met a guy many many times over the years and truly thought nothing of him,then suddenly this year there were these massive sparks between us,suddenly he seemed very hot to me.who can understand it.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:29 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I met a guy many many times over the years and truly thought nothing of him,then suddenly this year there were these massive sparks between us,suddenly he seemed very hot to me.who can understand it.

... and .. are you (still) together?

Old 12-23-2015, 03:30 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
It's happened to me...and I married him!

My husband and I met online so the only level of attraction came from our online chats and phone conversations. I liked his voice and his sense of humor. It was obvious that he had a caring and sympathetic soul. After we met, I thought he's nice enough but there was little attraction.

After we'd been dating a few months, a co-worker laughed at me and said "You're gonna marry him". I scrunched up my nose and said "No way!".

She was right...we were married 2 years later and we've been together 10 years now. I really did grow to love him. There is much more of an emotional attraction than a physical one, but there is a physical attraction because I know he loves me.
Do you have sexual desire towards him?

I'm being serious/curious. My husband is attractive, and we have no issue in the sex department, but in the past I dated a couple men who I loved for reasons outside physical attraction, but found our sex life lacking, despite us loving each other.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:35 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninersfan82 View Post
People say that even if you are not strongly attracted to someone after a few dates, you can somehow start finding them attractive somewhere down the line if you give them enough chances. How do you know when to give someone several dates to see if there is an attraction versus when to cut someone off because you know there will never be an attraction? How long do you keep seeing someone before you decide you are not attracted to them and never will be? I have dated several people who I was attracted to in the beginning but after getting to know them, I just automatically stop being attracted to them (not just on a physical level) , even if I find out we have a lot of the same interests. I don't understand the way attraction works sometimes, lol.
I don't know if you're referring to threads/comments on this forum. If so, what the gist here has been is that if you don't find someone particularly attractive when you first meet them, after you have a few dates and get to know them and discover attractive qualities about them, that can positively influence your perception of their physical attractiveness. No one here is saying that even if after a few dates you don't find anything attractive about them, that you should keep slogging on with the dates, hoping some magic will happen.

There's also the point that you might be friends or colleagues with someone for years, and then suddenly a mysterious spark happens, and you notice things about them you never noticed before, and suddenly you're into them in a major way.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:59 PM

20,394 posts, read 14,667,898 times
To be honest, if I went on ONE date with someone and was put off enough by some aspect of them, or multiple aspects of them, I would not see them a second time.

But...

I keep being reminded of the one I keep trying to forget. I had such an intense infatuation for him, and I really did not find him attractive at first. During our whole dinner together, really. I was thinking that it was another one-off date that would go nowhere. But then I agreed to go on a walk with him. And there were touches and things, and he turned up the heat on his pursuit...I ended up being persuaded.

The sex that night was unlike anything I'd experienced and I wanted more of it. And him. I was completely fascinated. For a while I would accept any terms he put forth, just to have more of him. Then he cooled off on me, and our visits got further and further apart. I haven't seen him in over 3 months, so that is a thing of the past, and I try not to think about him, but often I still do.

But in the first hours of our acquaintance, I was not attracted to him at all. And if I'd seen him at a bar or social gathering, I would not have gone out of my way to talk to him. If I'd gotten out of that first night without having sex with him, I don't think I ever would have agreed to another date.

Old 12-23-2015, 05:22 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Happened to me...

Cool story, bro.. But didn't you end up having a long & drawn out affair with a call girl or something..?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships