Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2008, 10:44 AM

2,355 posts, read 2,182,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy K View Post
When I together with american women the man always chose me over american. This ladies I go out with are not fat or ugly but these man chose me every time. Like I say this american have bad atitude and not nice to man. I nice to all man and they like my look.
I am sure they are going out with you more because you are freely and cheaply giving of your wares rather than your use of the English language. Stacy K -- get a life. When you have lived in America long enough to discuss the attitudes of American Women, then we can talk. For now...you are just making assumptions about all of us American women and you know what assuming means...if you don't, go use an English dictionary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 11:11 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
just read "how to eat your mate for fun and profit" by judy j. tarantula.
loved it. but i admit it does get lonely here on the leaf by myself.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:18 AM

The United States may be ranked number 7 in divorces but according to that list, there were very few countries who had less than 10% divorce rate. You know what that says to me...nobody's perfect. Marriage is not easy and it takes work. End of story. I have been a happy yet struggling newlywed and am about to celebrate my first year of marriage. I wouldn't give up my last year for anything. And it's been tough. But we are still together. We can all make assumptions about why one place has so many divorces and why another is so low but what difference does it make? This is a forum to discuss various topics, not a place to cast stones.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:01 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyhossenlopp View Post
The United States may be ranked number 7 in divorces but according to that list, there were very few countries who had less than 10% divorce rate. You know what that says to me...nobody's perfect. Marriage is not easy and it takes work. End of story. I have been a happy yet struggling newlywed and am about to celebrate my first year of marriage. I wouldn't give up my last year for anything. And it's been tough. But we are still together. We can all make assumptions about why one place has so many divorces and why another is so low but what difference does it make? This is a forum to discuss various topics, not a place to cast stones.
But admit one thing, though, and that is that, with mass media and better technology, we are being pushed more and more to instant gratification by the day. Modern societies really tend toward instant gratification and are losing touch with good values, in a lot of cases. Heck, you can now watch sex acts on the internet, if you are so inclined. (Double edged sword: the big jump in QOL via the internet and having to shield kids/perverts from what they shouldn't be indulging in).

This instant gratification issue would include the disposability of a spouse, for some, who don't have much of a desire to work at it.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:37 PM

Robertpolygot, I do agree with you about the world in general and instant gratification but I personally am trying to make myself a better person and spouse. Yes, we may be pushed and pushed but where does it say we need to give in to more peer and societal pressure? I have a hope for marriage in general. It may sound naive in these modern times, but I'd rather be naive than be another number in the divorce polls.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:36 PM

463 posts, read 647,046 times
The answer to the origional question involves Two words : Feminist Revolution

Old 02-08-2008, 09:13 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,575,830 times
You don't do it on the first date?

Old 02-09-2008, 11:22 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,898,795 times
Why is the divorce rate high?

Because it is allowed.
Because the protections for battered spouses/children are insufficient.
Because some people can look at alimony as a free ticket to income.
Because too many people go into it young, uninformed and unprepared for what marriage really entails.
Because some people look at it as a business arrangement and as we know businesses fail.
Because some people are impatient for change to occur, or work to change the relationship to begin with.
Because it's convenient.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:09 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis58 View Post
I love american women who are fat and ugly. I really don't mind a bad attitude if she knows how to hunt and gather. Some know how to catch crabs, and will bring them home and share them with me. I prefer one that doesn't shave any of her body hair though. These are hard times money wise, and I wouldn't want her wasting good money on nonsense like razors. I worked long, hard hours to obtain my 1968 model trailer house. And, I hand built the custom out-house out back. So, my point is, it takes more than just good looks to sway my heart. A woman has to PROVE that she's worthy, and deserving of a set-up as nice as I have to offer! And, I think "most" on here would agree with me. It's all about QUALITY of life!!!
Damn, I knew i should have held out for a Mo boy, had to go get me a cracker instead, and he wont even custom fit the outhouse seat!

Old 02-09-2008, 09:11 PM

672 posts, read 2,125,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Damn, I knew i should have held out for a Mo boy, had to go get me a cracker instead, and he wont even custom fit the outhouse seat!

Well, don't give up hope down there. I wasn't always as cultured, and refined as I now am. It's kind of a learned behaviour type thing. Your man may YET come to appreciate the finer things in life, like I did!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships