Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 06:14 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times

Advertisements

Yes CD, I am making another thread trying to make sense of my poor dating life. Sigh.

Now I've been one of the biggest talkers on this forum about how unfairly slanted the dating game is towards the men having to make most of the effort. One area I've discussed at length is about how the man typically ends up having to show interest to get anything going. I've always thought it would be nice to have a woman show interest in me and I thought I'd be turned on by someone who went after what they want.

Well in the last couple of years, I've had 4-5 girls show and initiate considerable interest in me and have even asked me out. All of them have been either straight up rejections from me or I've gone out on one date and wished I didn't waste my time. They have not been women I've had a concrete physical attraction to. So that plays into it. Maybe it is the fact that I've not been the one to put in the work to chase.

Can anyone give their opinion of why I've had this hangup about being asked out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 06:17 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Maybe it's not a hang-up. Maybe they just didn't appeal to you. It happens. For example, if you walked into a roomful of women, how many do you think would appeal to you? Probably not all of them. Maybe half or maybe not even half. Maybe 1 in 10. Now, if a bunch from the ones who didn't appeal to you enough for you to start a conversation with were to walk up to you one by one throughout the night, and you weren't interested, it wouldn't be because of a hang-up about women approaching you. It would be because you simply didn't find them appealing, right?

Old 01-04-2016, 06:33 PM

52 posts, read 30,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
They have not been women I've had a concrete physical attraction to.

stopped reading here

Pretty sure if it was a playboy model who approached you, this thread would not be going

Old 01-04-2016, 07:06 PM

181 posts, read 192,268 times
Watch Coach Corey Wayne's videos on Youtube, he talks about this kind of things

Old 01-04-2016, 07:07 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCovenant View Post
stopped reading here

Pretty sure if it was a playboy model who approached you, this thread would not be going
Playboy models don't need to ask men out because they have swarms of them on them everyday. A

Old 01-04-2016, 07:11 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Yes CD, I am making another thread trying to make sense of my poor dating life. Sigh.

Now I've been one of the biggest talkers on this forum about how unfairly slanted the dating game is towards the men having to make most of the effort. One area I've discussed at length is about how the man typically ends up having to show interest to get anything going. I've always thought it would be nice to have a woman show interest in me and I thought I'd be turned on by someone who went after what they want.

Well in the last couple of years, I've had 4-5 girls show and initiate considerable interest in me and have even asked me out. All of them have been either straight up rejections from me or I've gone out on one date and wished I didn't waste my time. They have not been women I've had a concrete physical attraction to. So that plays into it. Maybe it is the fact that I've not been the one to put in the work to chase.

Can anyone give their opinion of why I've had this hangup about being asked out?
The same reason that good investment opportunities are not advertised on TV or in the mail. The same reason that playoff tickets sell out - demand > supply.

Get off your AXX and go seek what you like - you appreciate it more when you have to work for it.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:16 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
I don't know Diss, but you have this idea that women who do the asking have something inherently wrong with them, or else they wouldn't "have to" do the asking. It fascinates me because, living in DC and all, confident go-getters aren't exactly rare; the only way around that is head them off at the pass and ask first. Only you know for sure, but would you feel differently about those same women if you had approached them, or is it just because they aren't the type you would even approach? Is there something about assertive women that bothers you, like maybe you're afraid they'll boss you around and be all dominant?

Old 01-04-2016, 07:27 PM

245 posts, read 193,466 times
Quote:

Move to Latin America or Southeast Asia. Your problems will be solved.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:32 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaloaPaisa View Post
Move to Latin America or Southeast Asia. Your problems will be solved.
He hates golddiggers.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:33 PM

245 posts, read 193,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He hates golddiggers.
If he is under 60 that is an easily avoidable issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships