Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 08:57 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Ms.Mathlete gets it as always....

If I were rich with money to burn, I'd make that house a reality just for having dinner with me.. roofies not required..
No - Ms. Mathlete AGREES with you. Why do you think that everyone that doesn't agree with you is just stupid and that you can change our minds? This is pretty ridiculous. You have a very different outlook on sex than I do. And that's okay. I'm not going to try to change your mind. But I can't understand why it seems impossible for you to see that anyone else could see things differently. I love my husband. I would never be unfaithful to him. I would also NEVER have sex for money. It's just something that I couldn't live with myself if I did. This doesn't make me stupid. This doesn't make me wrong. This is just the way that I am. I'm not going to judge other people if they would make a different decision. If they would be able to live happily ever after doing this - then that's great for them. I couldn't. My husband couldn't. You can say that I don't "get it" but the reality is just that I'm different than you. And that's okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 09:00 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Actually - I would say that it shouldn't matter in this situation - unless you think that the person having sex is having sex because they WANT to and not strictly for the money. Would you assume that if your wife agreed to have sex for money for you - that it's because she's attracted to the man and wants to have sex with him? Would you assume that she would enjoy it?
I can agree with you on that...

There is a reason why those chose one of the most attractive sex symbols of that time period to play the part of the rich person.. I would hope that my wife would at least be attracted to him AND she would enjoy it somewhat.. Makes the whole experience more acceptable for her.

More importantly, as the spouse would it be difficult to continue the relationship knowing that she finds that man more attractive and actually enjoyed the sex?

Its not about the sex but the relationship afterwards...

Old 01-16-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
No - Ms. Mathlete AGREES with you.
I know she does..

Which is why I said she "gets" it... and I'd be happy just with a dinner (and a good conversation).

Also.. I never said that if you don't go through with it you are stupid. What I said is that you would be stupid not to even consider it (which apparently you have).

Old 01-16-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
I can agree with you on that...

There is a reason why those chose one of the most attractive sex symbols of that time period to play the part of the rich person.. I would hope that my wife would at least be attracted to him AND she would enjoy it somewhat.. Makes the whole experience more acceptable for her.

More importantly, as the spouse would it be difficult to continue the relationship knowing that she finds that man more attractive and actually enjoyed the sex?

Its not about the sex but the relationship afterwards...
And since you dated prostitutes and had polyamorous relationships - this might not be a big deal to you. For those of us that are wired differently, it's something that our relationships might never recover from. And for some of us, no amount of money is worth that.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I know she does..

Which is why I said she "gets" it... and I'd be happy just with a dinner (and a good conversation).

Also.. I never said that if you don't go through with it you are stupid. What I said is that you would be stupid not to even consider it (which apparently you have).
I don't consider knowing that I would never do this to be considering it. So consider me stupid. I'm okay with you thinking I'm stupid. I just think it's a very narrow minded view.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
And since you dated prostitutes and had polyamorous relationships - this might not be a big deal to you. For those of us that are wired differently, it's something that our relationships might never recover from. And for some of us, no amount of money is worth that.
Absolutely.... never said otherwise.

Which is the whole premise of this discussion and my attempts to point out that it isn't about sex but the relationship.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:10 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Lloyd View Post
I'm sure we've all seen the movie. My question for the women is simple, obvious, and you can probably guess what it is...

Would you do it?

If so, what's would your price be?

Aaaaand, if you wouldn't do it, why not?
If the guy was a Robert Redford type - in a second! ha

Guys think women are selling themselves if they even accept a free meal on a date! So by god I have NO compunctions about sex with a good-looking man for a cool mill!

And by the way - how many GUYS would turn down sex with a good looking woman for a mill? Hell - guys step out all the time for NOTHING!

Old 01-16-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I'd be amazed if any woman admitted in a public forum that she'd gladly be a ***** for one night, if the price was right. But, plenty of women would. Men who are rich, famous, powerful or very good looking have women throw themselves to them all the time. For example, my handicapped son pointed out today that President Johnson had a lot of women, according to those around him. Some of the women even came forward after his death. Yet the man was old and was quite homely. Yet, women made themselves available, just like Monica Lewinski did to Pres. Clinton.

So yes, a big wallet and other things can attract a lot of women, but you will not be able to get most of them to publicly admit it.
Jokes on you - I certainly would! But the money has to come straight to me - not the man that "owns me" - because I'm my own woman, married or not.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Absolutely.... never said otherwise.

Which is the whole premise of this discussion and my attempts to point out that it isn't about sex but the relationship.
But for some of us, it is ALSO about the sex. It's not JUST about the relationship afterward. It is also about the relationship with myself and being able to live with what I've done. I think that THIS is what you don't seem to understand.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:25 AM

BTW - the whole reason things didn't work in the movie was because the husband was a big baby about it. Which Redford knew would happen - if he'd just approached the woman and had sex with her and given her the money - all would be well. But all the "fun" of it was seeing how it totally messed up the husband who just couldn't take it that the wife might be attracted, beyond the money.

We consider it TOTALLY acceptable that guys are attracted to other women EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES. THat a woman might be, even once is a problem in this society. GET OVER IT, guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships