Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 952 times

Advertisements

Ok so growing up I was always best friends with this girl. She was extremely attractive and I was her dorky friend. But she never thought of me as that, when everybody else picked on me she was always there for me. We always talked about growing up and becoming doctors together and getting married and having kids. I mean from when we were 8 until we were 14 that's all we talked about. I never wanted to ask her out because I was never confident with myself. Over a few years I've lost 85 pounds, cleared up my acne, straightened my teeth and started working out(all of the things that were holding me back) and now I finally feel confident with myself. Back in sophomore year I moved to a different school and we lost touch, and I haven't talked to her since. We are now seniors and she has a boyfriend. Ive texted her 3 times within the past year and she hasn't gotten back to me. But I've talked to her friends and found out that ever since she got this boyfriend she hasn't talked to anyone and has basically gotten rid of all of her friends for this new guy. How do I get in touch with her? I don't care if she likes me the same way that I like her, but I just want my best friend back. Do I hope to just run into her one day? How do I get in touch with her? Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 01:18 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,082,507 times
You sent her three texts she did not answer. The silence should be deafening.

If your confident that the number is accurate, you could call it. However, if the number is accurate and she is ignoring you then chances is she doesn't want to be contacted.

Most childhood crushes don't mature into adult "happy ever afters." You sound like you remade yourself, are confident, and ready to put yourself out there. The past wants to remain there so leave it there. Go out, and meet some new people. Look forward.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:19 PM

15,090 posts, read 10,170,024 times
I've never understood why anyone would trade in a boyfriend/girlfriend for their friends... I value friendships very highly. My wife knew this going into our relationship knowing I was still friends with many "close" friends.

It is really her loss...

If you've already made attempts to contact her and she doesn't respond, there isn't much else you can do. If someday she comes around, be a good friend and forgive her.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:21 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,108,567 times
Aww.

Find that girl.

And ask her out.

OMG this backstory sent my Romance-O-Meter over the top.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:22 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,483,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler3585 View Post
How do I get in touch with her? I don't care if she likes me the same way that I like her, but I just want my best friend back. Do I hope to just run into her one day? How do I get in touch with her? Any advice?

Leave her alone. She's made it clear she doesn't want to talk to you.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:49 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,230,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Aww.

Find that girl.

And ask her out.

OMG this backstory sent my Romance-O-Meter over the top.
Wow. Different strokes. It pinged my stalk-o-meter over the top.

Old 01-14-2016, 02:19 PM

524 posts, read 524,427 times
Quote:
Ok so growing up I was always best friends with this girl. She was extremely attractive and I was her dorky friend. But she never thought of me as that, when everybody else picked on me she was always there for me. We always talked about growing up and becoming doctors together and getting married and having kids. We are now seniors and she has a boyfriend. Ive texted her 3 times within the past year and she hasn't gotten back to me. But I've talked to her friends and found out that ever since she got this boyfriend she hasn't talked to anyone and has basically gotten rid of all of her friends for this new guy. How do I get in touch with her? I don't care if she likes me the same way that I like her, but I just want my best friend back. Do I hope to just run into her one day? How do I get in touch with her? Any advice?
The expression "you can't go home again" is a euphemism for "move on with your life and don't look back." You aren't in love, you are infatuated with her. Don't confuse childhood infatuation for love. She has a boyfriend. She is not responding to your texts. Maybe she has matured while you have not?

If she was still interested in you she would find you and rekindle the friendship you once had. Leave her alone and move on.

Old 01-14-2016, 02:26 PM

22,719 posts, read 47,936,751 times
Quote:
I mean from when we were 8 until we were 14 that's all we talked about.

Then you moved away, and she moved on.
She grew up, and you are still infatuated with that girl.
You don't even know the kind of person she grew up to be.

Let it go.
If she wants to talk to you, she has your number....

Old 01-14-2016, 02:30 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,816,541 times
You have created an elaborate fantasy and now you need to wake up. You are not children anymore, and have grown up into different people. She has a boyfriend now and clearly has no interest in revisiting the past.

Don't make the mistake of dwelling in childhood where it's "safe." Go find someone who can appreciate the "new you" more than you do.

Old 01-14-2016, 02:30 PM

98 posts, read 73,087 times
If you two were best buddies when you were teens and she did not jump you then, you are in the friend's zone........ and once in the friends zone, always in the friends' zone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships