Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 06:10 PM

17 posts, read 16,470 times

Advertisements

I met a friend of a friend when he was on a break up, we had instant attraction and hooked up after a few dates.
He told me not to tell anyone about us and after 2 weeks of silence I found out he went back to his ex?
He came over a few times after and I got super nervous. Months go by and we start having sex every two weeks, she finds out about us and stays with him.
He's distant for a bit then reappears, invites me camping, to his work, to his house and on his fishing boat.

Months go by and still every 2 weeks we have sex, she finds out AGAIN but still stays with him.

He starts ringng my door bell randomly, late hours in the week and I stop answering. I move away and he gets all mad that I've moved far away and tells me to move back. He says he's confused because I'm so sweet to him but because he owns a house with his on/off girlfriend he can't seem to break up with her.
I know I should just forget about him but I get butterflies !!! and every time I see him I'm over the moon happy for a good solid week..

I'm sure I'm addicted to butterflies & the feeling of excitement when you really like someone.
I get bored in long term serious relationships. Do I have a problem? What should I do about my friend... I adore him and the sex is getting better all the time but I also realize he's probably waisting my time.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 06:17 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Is this the same guy from your other thread, of a different one?
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...isrespect.html

In any case, if you're both just having nice sex, then what's the problem? Time would only be wasted if you wanted different things. And from the sounds of it, you don't. You both just like having sex. And since his ex knows about you and is still with him, she doesn't care either, I suppose.

So I guess everyone wins.

You get sex, regardless of him having a girlfriend
His ex knows he's a cheater, and where she stands, but still likes him enough to want him.
He gets to have sex with 2 different women who openly don't seem to mind one another. Now if the 3 of you got together and had a 3-way, he'd probably be on cloud 9! lol

NOW, if you like him, and expect him to drop his ex for you, then I would say it's a waste when he's shown to be a cheat. And when he was with you, he still went back to his ex, while continuing to sleep with you. So, seems he wants to date his girlfriend, and you're just the side snack for every now and again. So if you have some kind of feelings for him, drop all sex now, as yeah, you are wasting your time. Time can't be wasted without your consent. So if you give this guy moments of your life, it's on you, not him. Especially when you see he's no good. But again, this last bit is only if you think you may be falling for him and don't want other girls in the picture.

Last edited by HappyRain; 01-14-2016 at 07:11 PM..

Old 01-14-2016, 06:57 PM

524 posts, read 522,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridlynll View Post
I know I should just forget about him but I get butterflies !!! and every time I see him I'm over the moon happy for a good solid week..

I'm sure I'm addicted to butterflies & the feeling of excitement when you really like someone.
I get bored in long term serious relationships. Do I have a problem? What should I do about my friend... I adore him and the sex is getting better all the time but I also realize he's probably waisting my time.
Thanks
Believe me, the intense feelings will fade and soon you will see him for the snake that he is. Your feelings would have faded sooner but distance makes the heart grow fonder. My advice is stay strong and ignore his texts and phone calls. He is using you for sex without a commitment while he cheats on his girlfriend. If he left her for you he would cheat on you too. That's not fair to you. You deserve better.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:59 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
You sure can pick 'em!

Old 01-14-2016, 07:09 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,463,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
In any case, if you're both just having nice sex, then what's the problem? Time would only be wasted if you wanted different things. And from the sounds of it, you don't. You both just like having sex. And since his ex knows about you and is still with him, she doesn't care either, I suppose.

His ex knows he's a cheater, and where she stands, but still likes him enough to want him.
He gets to have sex with 2 different women who openly don't seem to mind one another. Now if the 3 of you got together and had a 3-way, he'd probably be on cloud 9!
I agree with this. I fail to see a problem here.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:36 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,119,173 times
Hopefully this is what heaven is like, we are in a fallen world so these sorts of situations are unheard of for most people (guys at least).

Quote:

He gets to have sex with 2 different women who openly don't seem to mind one another. Now if the 3 of you got together and had a 3-way, he'd probably be on cloud 9! lol

NOW, if you like him, and expect him to drop his ex for you, then I would say it's a waste when he's shown to be a cheat. And when he was with you, he still went back to his ex, while continuing to sleep with you. So, seems he wants to date his girlfriend, and you're just the side snack for every now and again. So if you have some kind of feelings for him, drop all sex now, as yeah, you are wasting your time. Time can't be wasted without your consent. So if you give this guy moments of your life, it's on you, not him. Especially when you see he's no good. But again, this last bit is only if you think you may be falling for him and don't want other girls in the picture.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:36 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,910,434 times
Quote:
What should I do about my friend... I adore him and the sex is getting better all the time but I also realize he's probably waisting my time.
Thanks
What do you mean by wasting your time?

Old 01-14-2016, 09:41 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
He told me not to tell anyone about us ...

Old 01-15-2016, 06:01 AM

17 posts, read 16,470 times
Quote:

Good point thanks ! Im pretty happy with the casual side of things and looking elsewhere, being single is fun because you can do these sort of things. Different guy lol

Old 01-15-2016, 06:04 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:

...being single is fun because you can do these sort of things.
Yeah, this:

Quote:

He told me not to tell anyone about us and after 2 weeks of silence I found out he went back to his ex?

He came over a few times after and I got super nervous.

Months go by ...

He's distant for a bit then reappears

Months go by and still every 2 weeks we have sex, she finds out AGAIN but still stays with him.

He starts ringng my door bell randomly, late hours in the week and I stop answering.

I move away and he gets all mad that I've moved far away and tells me to move back.

I also realize he's probably waisting my time.
...sounds SUPER fun.

Yes, OP, you have a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships