Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 03:07 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Yeah, plus, meeting one is more like a fetish of mine. But it is short lived.
Yeah isn't it funny that people think that they all look like
Super Man & Batman, but in reality the vast majority of them look just like the boy next doors. The only thing that
set them apart from normal everyday people is the Spirit
within them....

Old 01-27-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Too bad the ladies can't get some detailed info on you...bank account, 401(k)...health lab reports to be sure you're not looking for a nurse...etc.!

And no, I don't think that's any more superficial than pinning it all on looks...
Believe me women do check home ownership, automobiles, land property & all of your personal
MEDIA information "That's all public information "
And for a small monthly fee there's a boat load of
Internet Background search sites...
it's been used many time on me to gather background info.

Old 01-27-2016, 05:08 PM

203 posts, read 511,747 times
OP Here. I'm dropping the rope, so to speak. There have been so many assumptions made about me that simply aren't true that I give up to the professionals here at C-D.

Thank you for your input and advice.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:01 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Fair enough, but I've never found any correlation between good conversationalists in person, and over the phone. In fact, they often seem negatively correlated when I think of the people I know. Last person I was serious about hated the phone, wouldn't talk on it if she didn't have to, sucked at it, but was great and engaging in person. This, I've found, often is the case with people.
I have actually ruled people out based on their phone conversations. There was one guy who called me up sounding ridiculous, like he was on something. (I wrote about him on another thread--he was at a concert and I couldn't hear him well. I told him to call me back another time and he got all angry and then tried to report me to the site.) Another revealed himself to be quite an asshat--went on about how if his 14-year-old daughter ever came home pregnant he'd beat her. Another one called me at 7:30 a.m. This was on a weekday, when I was getting ready for work, but it would have been just as bad on a weekend, if not worse, because it would have woken me up.

And not for nothing, but I really cannot handle piercing, nasal voices. Not big on certain accents if they're really strong, either.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoptstrays View Post
OP Here. I'm dropping the rope, so to speak. There have been so many assumptions made about me that simply aren't true that I give up to the professionals here at C-D.

Thank you for your input and advice.
We haven't reached 30 pages yet hang on for the people
that like you and are trying to help...

Old 01-27-2016, 10:51 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
I have actually ruled people out based on their phone conversations. There was one guy who called me up sounding ridiculous, like he was on something. (I wrote about him on another thread--he was at a concert and I couldn't hear him well. I told him to call me back another time and he got all angry and then tried to report me to the site.) Another revealed himself to be quite an asshat--went on about how if his 14-year-old daughter ever came home pregnant he'd beat her. Another one called me at 7:30 a.m. This was on a weekday, when I was getting ready for work, but it would have been just as bad on a weekend, if not worse, because it would have woken me up.

And not for nothing, but I really cannot handle piercing, nasal voices. Not big on certain accents if they're really strong, either.
Don't stories/incidents like this make you wonder: "What was he THINKING??!" It never ceases to amaze me how hopeless some guys are at relating to women. So clueless. It's sad.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:02 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Don't stories/incidents like this make you wonder: "What was he THINKING??!" It never ceases to amaze me how hopeless some guys are at relating to women. So clueless. It's sad.
If you're using guys in that genderless sense, then sure I agree, because being a dope in conversation does not require testicles.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
If you're using guys in that genderless sense, then sure I agree, because being a dope in conversation does not require testicles.
I've never observed women to unwittingly make derogatory comments about boys or men in a group of men, though, or to talk about being abusive toward their sons or any kids, in front of a date, or anything like that. I have, however, witnessed on quite a few occasions, men making blanket derogatory or ignorant comments about girls or women in a mixed group that includes several women.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:25 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've never observed women to unwittingly make derogatory comments about boys or men in a group of men, though, or to talk about being abusive toward their sons or any kids, in front of a date, or anything like that. I have, however, witnessed on quite a few occasions, men making blanket derogatory or ignorant comments about girls or women in a mixed group that includes several women.
You haven't been in the groups of men I've been in, then. It might be that since I'm a member of the group being disparaged, I'm more likely to really hear it. Whose Ox is being gored kind of thing.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
You haven't been in the groups of men I've been in, then. It might be that since I'm a member of the group being disparaged, I'm more likely to really hear it. Whose Ox is being gored kind of thing.
I've never been in a mixed group where women have said anything at all about men or boys. But if you and your guy friends have been privy to women being clumsily and unwittingly disparaging about men, then I'm sorry to hear that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships