Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 12:52 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times

Advertisements

With the last person I dated I have done and said some things to him I was not proud of. I was caught up with my emotions and had made him feel bad, was not completely honest with him about some things myself, then called him a liar. We didn't agree to exclusivity but I got mad at him for still being on dating sites. Later I went on dating sites myself after realizing it was going nowhere even though we were still seeing each other, his friend found me on them and I asked him not to say anything. He probably told him he found me on them and that I asked him not to say anything. I didn't tell him I was leaving in the Spring either until recently (these things don't usually last too long, on avg 1-2 months so I just wanted to have a good time). And that's exactly how long we lasted... 1.5-2 months before this.

He was pretty good to me and didn't deserve how I treated him. My bad character seems to show up a lot with this person and I don't know why... because he's actually kind to me? He didn't want to be with me anymore but I apologized and told him how much I liked him. He said he would still hang out with me but it isn't like how it used to be. He still responds to my texts and hangs out with me occasionally but a lot of the flame has died. Neither of us were that emotionally connected (at least it didn't seem like it to me), but he seems to not want to put in any more effort. I think he's just going to try and use me for sex for the next few months. I would actually be ok with this because the sex is great... I just don't want anyone to get hurt and I don't want to feel guilty anymore.

I know I have been selfish during this. I just wanted someone to care about me and to have a good time. I'm far away from friends and family, school is tough and competitive, and I don't have a single friend at school... He made my life a lot easier last semester. Did I really screw up that badly? I don't think I'm on the "hate" scale yet but he's definitely not very fond of me right now... Should I just leave him alone or try and make it up to him? How would I even do that??? I'll try and ask him but I can't seem to get myself to do it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 12:58 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Move on and let it go. I think based on your posting history you've got some growing up to do, I'd approach relationships with a bit more brain and a little less of the nether regions and you might be a little better off.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:16 PM

But I don't want to let it go... :*(***

Old 01-24-2016, 01:21 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
You mean you don't want to stop using him for your selfish reasons.

You're bad. Tisss lol

Old 01-24-2016, 01:22 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Leave the poor guy alone, and concentrate on school

Old 01-24-2016, 02:04 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
I believe you really need to talk to someone about your self esteem and identity issues before getting involved with someone else.

I understand your hormones rage but you're just perpetuating the cycle of your own self hatred and anguish. Just leave it alone and work on yourself.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You mean you don't want to stop using him for your selfish reasons.

You're bad. Tisss lol
I mean I like to think I'm contributing something to him too... we get along and always have a good time. It's not just hormones and the sex. That's good too, but so is every other department. I love his smart mouth and the witty remarks he throws back at me. He has so much energy and full of life.

On our first date he asked me if I thought we were similar. I remember saying to myself that I'm happy. I believe he has made me a happier and better person in the short time I have known him. And I don't feel this way toward most of the guys I've been with.

I never considered this before but if I could keep him around in my life in the long term in any way, even if we're just friends, I would be okay with that. I actually don't really see myself being in a relationship with him so it's not like I'm addicted to him. It could be I'm just not a relationship person but I like him and I like having sex with him. I just feel like I have burned too many bridges and want to keep good quality people in my life... even if I have to move away... I mean he travels around a lot too... who knows, we might bump into each other again one day... I wanted to add him on Facebook.. maybe I'll do it after I leave.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:38 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
You really like to make excuses for yourself and your behavior.
Maybe you should examine why this is...

Old 01-24-2016, 06:41 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
Okay, then don't let it go and why exactly did you start this thread? You can generally wallow in whatever it is you are wallowing in without starting a thread and in the privacy of your own home without involving anyone else.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:46 PM

741 posts, read 478,729 times
You should leave him alone and work on yourself because theres something there. I mean you intentionally lied or withheld information from him... why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships