Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 05:19 PM

15 posts, read 12,228 times

Advertisements

I will be 22 in less than two months. Over the past two decades I have never had the good fortune of having any women show even a slight interest in a romantic relationship with me.

I have a good (and well paying) job in a growing field & some college credit (but not a degree).That being said, I make a concerted effort to continue my education every day.

I also have a good amount of savings in my bank account- and no debt. I do not have a criminal record, the most trouble I have ever been in was a speeding ticket!

Additionally, I have a great sense of humor, and enjoy a wide variety of unique interests. I am passionate about what I do, and have always pursued my goals with success.

Finally, I am also, a practicing Christian, with a strong moral compass. My faith in God, is the guiding directive in all that I do.

Can anyone here tell me what I have been doing wrong? From what I have written here, you would think that women would be happy to date a decent person, without baggage. It is frustrating to know that simply because, I am not the best looking guy in the crowd--women pass me over-without considering what I have to offer as an individual.

What more can I do?

Last edited by sotherner2346; 01-24-2016 at 06:01 PM..

Old 01-24-2016, 05:24 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times
Where are you trying to meet people?

Old 01-24-2016, 05:25 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotherner2346 View Post
I will be 22 in less than two months. Over the past two decades I have never had the good fortune of having any women show even a slight interest in a romantic relationship with me.

I have a good (and well paying) job in a growing field & some college credit (but not a degree). I also have a good amount of savings in my bank account- and no debt. I do not have a criminal record, the most trouble I have ever been in was a speeding ticket!

Additionally, I have a great sense of humor, and enjoy a wide variety of unique interests. I am passionate about what I do, and have always pursued my goals with success.

Can anyone here tell me what I have been doing wrong? From what I have written here, you would think that women would be happy to date a decent person, without baggage. It is frustrating to know that simply because, I am not the best looking guy in the crowd--women pass me over-without considering what I have to offer as an individual.

What more can I do?
Do YOU actually approach women? If so how do you do it? And what activities do you participate in where there are women there also?

Old 01-24-2016, 05:25 PM

412 posts, read 451,591 times
Quote:

I have a good (and well paying) job in a growing field & some college credit (but not a degree). I also have a good amount of savings in my bank account- and no debt. I do not have a criminal record, the most trouble I have ever been in was a speeding ticket!

What more can I do?
Ask someone who knows you personally and has observed you in social situations with the ladies present, not a bunch of random strangers on the Internet.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Do YOU actually approach women? If so how do you do it? And what activities do you participate in where there are women there also?
I have approached women- but not recently. I have had no success with that.

Most guys have a women smile, chat w/then, etc to show that they are open to a relationship. It bothers me that I am ignored, where this is concerned.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:34 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times
Quote:
Most guys have a women smile, chat w/then, etc to show that they are open to a relationship. It bothers me that I am ignored, where this is concerned.
You have to put yourself out there, one way or another. There's no getting around it.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:36 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
This. And I have to say, it's a little strange to embellish two decades of women not showing interest in you, when two decades ago you were a toddler.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
You have to put yourself out there, one way or another. There's no getting around it.
I am aware that I need to do better on that. Yet, most guys have had at least 1 girl show some sort of interest by the time they are in their early 20s.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:39 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,141,570 times
Quote:
I think you need go back and read that to yourself

You're 22 and there plenty to pick from, just wait until your 42 and the dating scene looks like a feral cat impound in the back of a resturant

Old 01-24-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
This. And I have to say, it's a little strange to embellish two decades of women not showing interest in you, when two decades ago you were a toddler.

Granted. But it has still been quite a few years, and yet I have yet to experience being flirted with etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.