Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 07:59 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post

We all know that everyone is dating multiple people.

We all know that at any moment they can fall in love and disappear.
Do we?? Do we "all" know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 08:08 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,217,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That's true. Not everyone dates multiple people at the same time in online dating. I think the vast majority do, but there are plenty that don't. The two types that come to mind are people on the opposite ends of the spectrum. People who get a lot of attention and only will go on a date after a person has met their very strict and specific criteria. On the other end people who are really seeking, but are less desirable so when they finally score a date it's a big thing.

Old 01-26-2016, 08:12 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,559,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
No, literally "all" of us don't know this - but anyone who is online dating and doesn't realize how it works within their first few days of creating a profile might not be ready for this format of dating.

Edit: I didn't mean for that to come off as snarky; it's just the way it works and I found out really quickly after coming in as a neophyte not that long ago.

Old 01-26-2016, 08:15 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
No, literally "all" of us don't know this - but anyone who is online dating and doesn't realize how it works within their first few days of creating a profile might not be ready for this format of dating.
Might as well start calling them "tributes."

Old 01-26-2016, 08:21 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanfan1986 View Post
That's true. Not everyone dates multiple people at the same time in online dating. I think the vast majority do, but there are plenty that don't. The two types that come to mind are people on the opposite ends of the spectrum. People who get a lot of attention and only will go on a date after a person has met their very strict and specific criteria. On the other end people who are really seeking, but are less desirable so when they finally score a date it's a big thing.
Mate just out of pure curiosity.........

you seem to get quite a few dates ( judging by your previous threads ) can I ask do you meet them all online? Or do you meet some in bars/pubs for example?

The reason I ask is " ghosting " seems to be quite common for OLD ( I've never done it ), do you find that for example on a Saturday night you go out with the boys and meet a woman in a bar and arrange to go out on a date another time do you find that they " ghost " as much? I mean after you've actually met them in person and not online?

Old 01-26-2016, 08:49 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,665 times
its always rude to ghost, but I guess it's more acceptable after the first couple of dates, as long as you haven't slept with the person. Ghosting on a person you had sex with--unless you both had an understanding it was a one time thing--is never acceptable.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:24 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,217,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Mate just out of pure curiosity.........

you seem to get quite a few dates ( judging by your previous threads ) can I ask do you meet them all online? Or do you meet some in bars/pubs for example?

The reason I ask is " ghosting " seems to be quite common for OLD ( I've never done it ), do you find that for example on a Saturday night you go out with the boys and meet a woman in a bar and arrange to go out on a date another time do you find that they " ghost " as much? I mean after you've actually met them in person and not online?
All my recent dates have been from OLD. It's not ideal, but my schedule is too busy right now for much of anything else. That'll change by June when I don't have to work a ridiculous amount of hours

As for ghosting, the three times it's happened to me were fairly identical in how things went down. I met them through OKC, we agreed to meet up, had a first date (or meet) then I tried calling and/or texting them and...nothing.

I've never been ghosted by someone I met in person first. Also, if we count people who we've only talked to online who then disappear or stop responding then I've been ghosted much more than three times lol. Although I wouldn't count people you've never actually met. After all for all you know they all could just be robots trying to get your credit card info until you meet them

Old 01-26-2016, 09:31 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
All my recent dates have been from OLD. It's not ideal, but my schedule is too busy right now for much of anything else. That'll change by June when I don't have to work a ridiculous amount of hours

As for ghosting, the three times it's happened to me were fairly identical in how things went down. I met them through OKC, we agreed to meet up, had a first date (or meet) then I tried calling and/or texting them and...nothing.

I've never been ghosted by someone I met in person first. Also, if we count people who we've only talked to online who then disappear or stop responding then I've been ghosted much more than three times lol. Although I wouldn't count people you've never actually met. After all for all you know they all could just be robots trying to get your credit card info until you meet them
That's what I was referring to and curious about

I've never once had that myself. Cheers for ^^^^

Old 01-29-2016, 04:29 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,417 times
"Ghosting" (for what I understood reading these posts) is basically going M.I.A (missing in action) on the other person without apparent motive: online, in person or social media.

No, its no cool but "ghosting" on OLD is kinda like the "silent treatment" woman (also men) don't want the confrontation.

Or just plain and simple don't wanna give a reason for their actions.

I think it's almost childish, but to each its own.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:48 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Like is there a dividing line from, "Sure it's okay to ghost them" then suddenly you hit the line and it's, "Yeah at that point you should tell them you no longer want to see them"?

If so when is it?
It's never unacceptable to ghost. It's certainly annoying when one is the 'ghostee' or recipient but the 'ghoster' is certainly free to take the ghost route if they so choose.

There's definitely no dividing line, though I'd be surprised if it occurs as often in serious relationships as it does after an online date or two or after some random encounters from a bar, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships