Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 01:21 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,207 times

Advertisements

Ladies, did the silent treatment online is the best way to blow off a guy you don't like.

Often, mostly in Okcupid, you start a great conversation, all of the sudden you wnat to take the conversation out of OKC and take it to whatspp, you give her the number and say "we can't talk through here if you like but here is my number in case you want to talk over Whatsapp..."

And usually...that's it...silent treatment...happens also in FB.

It's that bad to give the number after you feel the conversation is interesting enough. I'm not even asking for her number I'm giving mine.

Often, no, they are okay and they gave their numbers as well, others say thank you and don't give out their numbers but kept things friendly and say I will contact you (sometime never did but still..).

So, it's the silent treatment the online norm to blow off a guy ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 01:29 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Sounds like you move too fast for them...

Old 01-26-2016, 01:35 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
.So, it's the silent treatment the online norm to blow off a guy ???
It's the norm both genders use to blow off someone online.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:37 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,850 times
They either aren't interested or are just looking for online attention to boost their ego. At any rate, you aren't missing anything.

The only time this happened to me during OLD was when a guy gave me a number, I didn't have a chance to call, then he messaged me to call, I didn't see the message because I wasn't checking every five seconds, then he messaged me again saying that he didn't have a cellphone and could only be near that phone for a few minutes more before he left. I still have no idea where he was or how he was accessing OLD, but just don't be that guy and you'll be fine.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:37 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
Ladies, did the silent treatment online is the best way to blow off a guy you don't like.

Often, mostly in Okcupid, you start a great conversation, all of the sudden you wnat to take the conversation out of OKC and take it to whatspp, you give her the number and say "we can't talk through here if you like but here is my number in case you want to talk over Whatsapp..."

It's that bad to give the number after you feel the conversation is interesting enough. I'm not even asking for her number I'm giving mine.

Often, no, they are okay and they gave their numbers as well, others say thank you and don't give out their numbers but kept things friendly and say I will contact you (sometime never did but still..).

This happens to me a LOT. Online message, response, talk talk talk, move to exchange numbers.....radio silence. I'd say it's the most common "rejection" I get online. The timing is odd because the conversation seems to be going well enough. I assume that (when the conversation is going well), that they just want attention.

Edit: Some women are just genuinely stupid/ignorant/misinformed. Example: Mutual Tinder swipe. Couple of messages back and forth. I prompt for a place to meet, say...Friday? She responds, "sorry, I'm not looking to date". Ok...a little off guard, maybe she's just looking for friends. "No, I don't want to meet anybody".

"So...if you don't mind my asking, why are you on here, and why did you swipe me?"

"Because you're hot."

And that's it. She was literally treating Tinder like a phone-app version of "hot or not". Dodged a bullet there.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:48 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:

Why was talking on OKcupid ok previously? If you told me "we can't" and you gave me your number "in case I wanted", I would assume you were fine in case I wasn't.

Quote:

What is bad is dictating the course of the progress, not discussing the course of the progress.

Quote:

Under the circumstance you describe, absolutely. AFAIC you asked for it (not in the retributive way but in real terms) with your "if you want". If she didn't want, what else is she supposed to do?

Old 01-26-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Edit: Some women are just genuinely stupid/ignorant/misinformed. Example: Mutual Tinder swipe. Couple of messages back and forth. I prompt for a place to meet, say...Friday? She responds, "sorry, I'm not looking to date". Ok...a little off guard, maybe she's just looking for friends. "No, I don't want to meet anybody".

"So...if you don't mind my asking, why are you on here, and why did you swipe me?"

"Because you're hot."

And that's it. She was literally treating Tinder like a phone-app version of "hot or not". Dodged a bullet there.
I was out with a couple of friends Saturday and one of them was telling us about a friend of hers who treats Tinder like a game. She's not interested in meeting anyone - she just likes swiping left and right when she's bored.

I had a couple of mutual matches because I accidentally swiped the wrong way. However, none of them ever contacted me so it didn't matter in the end. The only one from the app I talked to was underemployed, had no friends and liked that I get off work mid-afternoon as he wanted to spend 3-4 hours a day growing our relationship.

Old 01-26-2016, 02:15 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,773,496 times
I guess they're just not ready to take it to the next level.

A guy did that to me recently. He was the one who asked for my number, but once I gave it to him I stopped hearing from him. I just don't git it....

Old 01-28-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
A guy did that to me recently. He was the one who asked for my number, but once I gave it to him I stopped hearing from him. I just don't git it....
I was having a great online conversation with someone who kept saying he wanted to meet me. So, I suggested a date I was free and I stopped hearing from him until after the date I suggested had passed.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:17 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Silent treatment means move on! not interested!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships