Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2022, 11:05 AM

5,323 posts, read 6,098,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I’m probably defined as a struggle bro by this forum’s standard. A line like “ maybe the guys struggling aren’t awful people but” isn’t nefarious to me. That would be more like “you aren’t awful people but you have ownership in your lot” to me. Sonic will be hard on you but she tries to be tactful and IMO navigates that line very well, unlike some others here.
Why even bring up the possiblity of being awful?

Even if you don’t agree on that she basically said I don’t care about people here because I don’t help people on a message board from what she’s seen.

To attack my character and call me unemphatetic is pretty harsh.

Old 03-10-2022, 11:07 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,571,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Look at this thread people are basically saying something is severely wrong with us including yourself

I’m not admitting that if that’s the kinda reaction I’m gonna get

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Somebody who is confident, healthy & happy about who they are doesn’t need to lie.

Quote:
If it helps me get into a relationship because people are ignorant about plights like mine sure I do

Quote:

I have many flaws but I’m a pretty decent hearted empathetic human being so she’s wrong on that.

Tho you aren’t being empathetic toward anybody you try to connect to if you are going to lie about yourself because you haven’t had a romantic or sexual relationship….to manipulate somebody. Most ppl just naturally share a little about their past or ppl can see it on social media. So…if you didn’t have any of that….I don’t know how somebody like the O.P.s sister could lie about it anyway.^^

You’re saying yourself it’s weird if you feel you have to lie about it….instead of trying to connect honestly with somebody who thought the same as you. AND that’s not being empathetic..it’s manipulative & self serving.

Old 03-10-2022, 11:09 AM

867 posts, read 721,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Tho reaching 40+ & never having a romantic or sexual relationship…(like the thread subject^^)…is the sheltered life IMO. I worked in ER in LA for a couple of years AND for a rape & domestic abuse shelter 10 yrs ago when I was 20, before I graduated from college..so…not having a godmother or not seeing a super old movie doesn’t make me sheltered. I wasn’t born when The Godfather came out…you’re talking about “pop culture” 50 yrs ago! I have empathy for how ppl feel & IMO you don’t. It’s juvenile to say I’m being condescending when it’s you that totally is. I didn’t say you or anybody having godparents is weird but that I don’t have them….I’m a heathen from an atheist family. AND religion was just not on my radar as being a reason for somebody like the O.P.’s sister to still be a virgin at 40+….to stick to the thread. But if that’s the O.P.s sister’s reason or anybody’s….

edit: I still would never call that weird….but I would feel sorry for them. I would think it would be so lonely because experiencing love & a healthy sexual relationship or companionship is an important part of life IMO. I would say it’s rare not to EVER have tho….unless they are developmentally disabled with ID or cerebral palsy OR morbidly obese.

Atheist here! I had godparents, though, because my family is Catholic. I guess I never realized until now that Protestants had them. Anyway, religion had no impact on my lack of sexual/romantic experience, which other people have observed is odd, as if all of us godless people are sex-crazed fiends with no self control.

And I definitely didn't lead a sheltered life! I've lived on more than a couple of continents, undertaken physically dangerous tasks for my field of study, interacted with all social circles, from the poorest of the poor to people of great power in their governments, and so on.

Although I grew up as the bullied outsider, I didn't know what true loneliness was until after having a romantic relationship. That hurt so badly that I now have no interest in seeking out another one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships