Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 02:36 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
Well darn. I missed another one.

And thanks LC. You're a sweetheart.
it was the different zodiac signs and had a picture of a man that represented the sign, some good looking and others....... Nah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 02:37 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,209,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccjones808 View Post
Anyone else believe zodiac signs?
No, it's all bunk.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:22 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
As another poster, Tj --- mentioned, it is more involved than just "which sign can effectively be with which sign". It was a mistake for this to have become so watered down, for there to be daily Horoscopes based upon a Sun sign or one having traits only related to their Sun sign. No wonder some find it silly.

If a person actually wanted to consider Astrology, it has to do with more, having a natal chart done showing "planetary placements" during one's birth date, time and place. Then, there are mathematical equations or measurements in creating a chart.

(I did not create this, so don't shoot the messenger).

There are 12 signs with an Element to each - being of either Earth, Air, Fire or Water.

Aries, Sagittarius, Leo - Fire
Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn - Earth
Libra, Gemini, Acquarius - Air
Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio - Water

Then, the signs are classified as Cardinal, Fixed or Mutable - being Positive or Negative = Masculine or Feminine.

The HOUSES are where one's planetary (Planet) placements "will land", such as Love & Romance, Finance, Friendship, Career, Self, Homelife, Communications, and more (so one has more than one sign influencing their personality, sometimes several of one sign, in one chart. You might have many planet placements in Leo, some Pisces, some in Cancer, Capricorn - so you would have a lot of Fire, a bit of Water, and a bit of Earth - with no Air. Or, you could have a fiery Sun sign, but not have much else fiery in your chart overall (personality), which means you may have more characteristics of different signs. And yes, there are positive and negative traits connected to each sign, just as we know everyone possesses anyway, to some degree.

Then, as mentioned, a MOON placement means a bunch, because it is all about emotions, so it has a lot to do with anyone's personality. Mars and Venus placements for instance, denote one's love and romantic leanings.

Are you still with me?

There is more and is involved - doubtful many would ever consider creating a chart for both parties before settling in with another or even having sex. But, probably not good to say "Hey, you are a Leo and I am an Aries, so we are supposed to get along". If anything, find out what one's Venus and Mars placements are before becoming involved or having sex. Also, find out one's moon placement.

There is an old book, "Star Signs for Lovers", in which the author has already configured, based only upon birthdates to correspond with yearly tables, that indicate where Mars and Venus were at birth, defining the character, motivation, leanings of a person in regards to love and sex - also in a rating of A, B, C, D. (I would refer to it when dating, but would ignore what the findings were due to liking a guy, but learned there was something to it and stopped ignoring it). I began looking up Celebrities by birthdate, which is interesting, surprising, (sometimes guessing ahead by personality what categories they might land. You should see what it says about Cosby's profile ).

The book is out of print, but a used copy may be available. (The book's birth years only go up to 1965 I think, but all you would need to do is find out what a person's birthdate is and look up their "Mars & Venus" placement in an online chart", then you could still look up "Mars in Cancer, Venus in Scorpio" (or whatever their's is) in that book. (An Online site that gives a profile, may not give the same sorts of insights as this book will).

Hey, I just retained this stuff from having read up on it years ago, but never calculated a chart, as an actual Astrologer could do. (I have correctly guessed a person's Sun sign if around them a while, though as said, there is more to it than just that and can tell what else may be in a person's chart). I don't live by it, but consider, due to some confirmation involved.

So, should we get started on Numerology?

Last edited by In2itive_1; 02-16-2016 at 06:32 AM.. Reason: More...

Old 02-16-2016, 06:53 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
it was the different zodiac signs and had a picture of a man that represented the sign, some good looking and others....... Nah!
Lol... do not worry... I don't like when anything Astrological is reduced to only this. First of all, there are always going to be different looks of each sign. Dustin Hoffman and Steve Martin are both Leos.. Madonna is a Leo..a lot of actors or entertainers are Fire signs..very showy.. (or is in their personality, other than their Sun sign). For instance, Charlie Sheen is a Virgo, but must have elements of the preceding Leo, in his chart. We can be on the "cusp", therefore exhibit traits of the sign before or the sign after.

Sorry, got carried away..I guess I'm on a roll. You might read what I otherwise posted.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:13 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Zodiac signs are like horoscopes, tarot cards, and such things. Ambiguous enough that people just pick the bits that resonate, and vague enough to fit the reader. People really aren't that unique. Write something flattering that is "open to interpretation" and voila ... people eat it up.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:15 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
I was indifferent to all of it, up until someone I knew insisted on doing my chart.
It had to be one of the most enlightening moments for me personally,
because it was entirely accurate, on every level of my personality.
Libras-- A Warrior's mentality with a poet's soul.....

Old 02-16-2016, 07:46 AM

854 posts, read 586,198 times
Yes, but not the way you think it does. Moon signs are what should match, not your typical zodiac sign (sun sign).

Also, there has to be a sun-Saturn, Venus-Saturn, moon-Saturn, or Mars-Saturn close aspect somewhere in the synastry between the two people or I wouldn't trust that it will last.

When I see couples with moon signs that are very different or mismatched, I feel sad for them. I know that the relationship lacks true understanding or "soul" and someone is most likely dying on the inside in the partnership. How sad.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:12 AM

403 posts, read 364,039 times
Haha it's fun to look at but.. half of me believes in it since I grew up with a traditional Asian mom that believed in that stuff..but half of me doesn't because allll over, I see couples who get along great but never once decided it was their 'signs' that got them together.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:24 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,939 times
I believe in it. It's the only description that describes me perfectly. I'm a Scorpio and we're known to be intimidating. I am so much a Scorpio that even I scare myself sometimes.

It says Scorpios are best partners with Pisces and Cancer. Yep, they were my best partners indeed. I just met a Leo, and Leos are described as self absorbed and want constant "You're the best at everything!" They are described as most likely to be liars and cheaters. He turned out to be exactly that. And a married man kept chasing me...guess what he was? Yep, a Leo.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:29 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
I believe in it. It's the only description that describes me perfectly. I'm a Scorpio and we're known to be intimidating. I am so much a Scorpio that even I scare myself sometimes.

It says Scorpios are best partners with Pisces and Cancer. Yep, they were my best partners indeed. I just met a Leo, and Leos are described as self absorbed and want constant "You're the best at everything!" They are described as most likely to be liars and cheaters. He turned out to be exactly that. And a married man kept chasing me...guess what he was? Yep, a Leo.
^^^^ Spot on about Leos- I had the same experience-
Totally not ever doing that again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships