Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2016, 10:09 PM

346 posts, read 730,815 times

Advertisements

Sounds like she has more self-respect than a lot of women, so now she can find a guy who respects her classiness. I think if the OP were into her, he wouldn't mind waiting to actually--gasp--get to know her better!
You know, she may have gotten used for sex by guys previously, and now she's waiting to be sure a guy doesn't play her. When women make a guy wait, I would say that's the main reason. The whole "why buy the cow" thing. Like many women (rarer though these days), she may be waiting for exclusivity. Or at least that a guy wants exclusivity if the sexual chemistry is there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 10:12 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
Sounds like she has more self-respect than a lot of women, so now she can find a guy who respects her classiness. I think if the OP were into her, he wouldn't mind waiting to actually--gasp--get to know her better!
You know, she may have gotten used for sex by guys previously, and now she's waiting to be sure a guy doesn't play her. When women make a guy wait, I would say that's the main reason. The whole "why buy the cow" thing. Like many women (rarer though these days), she may be waiting for exclusivity. Or at least that a guy wants exclusivity if the sexual chemistry is there.
She's only ever had one partner before....... Her ex husband. The OP would have been lucky number 2 ( 💩 )

Old 02-17-2016, 10:14 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,396,306 times
^^^That is correct.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:15 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Did you guys even bother to read the OP, where he stated it's never taken this long for him to have sex with a woman he's dated? This is a new situation for him, and he's looking for feedback/advice/opinions from those who have maybe been in a similar situation. He may feel it's something he's doing or not doing that's causing this, but the sound advice here is to communicate his feelings directly to her.

But of course, he's met with the same hostel, unnecessary responses.

I thought it was obvious he was curious to read some perspective since, yanno, in the OP he says, "...just trying to get some perspective".
Um...yes??? He's never dated HER before. Us gals are not like cookie cutter people, yanno? We all don't think and act alike. So he's never dated a gal that didn't want to have sex right away....okay. Me thinks he hasn't dated very much then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I swear.
I agree.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:15 PM

346 posts, read 730,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
She's only ever had one partner before....... Her ex husband. The OP would have been lucky number 2 ( 💩 )
So there you go, maybe she's nervous about jumping in the sack with a new guy. That's understandable. Hard to speculate while not knowing, but I think that's pretty immature of this guy to call her "a nun", because she has self-respect, or may be nervous. Says a lot about his character to name-call in that way..
This girl can go find a nice guy now.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:18 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,396,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHi View Post
How do you get along with her otherwise? How do you feel about her in general? You haven't shared that part, which is a big reason why some posters are somewhat on your case. It was a very limited view of your thinking process that you provided, which left the door open to mischaracterizing you.
She is a good person. Very low maintenance compared to a lot of the women I meet here in the big city. I very much appreciated that about her. So while we are on somewhat different wave lengths with regards to sex, I give her kudos for being a cool/nice person. We also shared a passion for music and dancing.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:19 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
So there you go, maybe she's nervous about jumping in the sack with a new guy. That's understandable. Hard to speculate while not knowing, but I think that's pretty immature of this guy to call her "a nun", because she has self-respect, or may be nervous. Says a lot about his character to name-call in that way..
This girl can go find a nice guy now.
It's obvious that's the reason mate

I'm just clarifying the situation for your good self so you are not left redundant that's all. and I do agree that they are not suited

Old 02-17-2016, 10:24 PM

964 posts, read 994,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
^^^That is correct.
In view of the fact that you knew that about her, it seems like you're not very understanding of her situation. It's not surprising she's hesitant. Plus, she may be evaluating you for your long-term potential, to see if you're marriage material. That takes some women a good while. There have been several posts on the thread now in the you're-just-not-that-into-her camp. What do you think? Or does the being into her come after the sex for you? I don't think women understand that some guys need that before they feel a bond.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:50 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
She is a good person. Very low maintenance compared to a lot of the women I meet here in the big city. I very much appreciated that about her. So while we are on somewhat different wave lengths with regards to sex, I give her kudos for being a cool/nice person. We also shared a passion for music and dancing.
Cool/nice are great, but I'm not sensing anything more than "She's nice. We had fun when we went out and have a few things in common." Like, no spark or something that just clicks so well, that could influence your decision to continue seeing her. Is there a deeper connection or chemistry beyond what you mentioned?

If not then I get you. *I* wouldn't wait weeks if I wasn't completely smitten with someone and had the spark and amazing chemistry, but then again, there wasn't even a hint of waiting in any of these (or other) dating situations.

There's nothing wrong with her decision to wait, and see absolutely nothing wrong with your lack of desire to see where things will go. You do you.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:11 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,634 times
Why it has to be everything about sex anyway?

The point of dating is not to get laid...it´s to find compatibility. Maybe she doesn´t feel comfortable with you yet. "Traditional" may be, she wants a commitment before give herself to anyone.

If you are dating just to get laid, you will find out not every girl operates the same way.

I think giving a number of dates before on sex is just wrong because the girl may be just not interested on having sex. For her it´s just going out

From Personal experience when dating: keep it clean and leave the eagerness for sex out of the question.

The less you try for sex, the better because it will come natural.

If you are counting the dates...that´s not a guarantee for anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships