Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 11:08 AM

346 posts, read 730,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Interesting how you admit that your parents played a role in terms of sheltering you. Yet before you were so defensive about your parents playing a role in your bad choices.
No, I said that my parents were not abusive narcissist, or whatever craziness you boldly claimed. Everyone's parents has an influence on how they turn out. But if someone makes bad choices, it is not always because their parents were authoritarian and abusive, like you claim.
And why are you turning this into a trial? Are you a lawyer?

Old 02-26-2016, 11:09 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
You aren't too bright, are you? Like I said, my parents are nothing like this, and how do you know who her parents are? Honey, I have a degree in counseling. People with half a brain know that there are other factors that play into one's choice of partners. The whole "It's all your parents", is media, pop-psychology drivel.
Don't diagnose until you get your degree, 'kaythanks!
I'd say the person who isn't too bright is the one who tries to present herself as a "professional counselor" yet communicates in the manner above.

Either you're making stuff up about your professional training or you didn't pick up much in terms of how to communicate with people during your training

Calling people jerks is not the sign of a trained professional counselor

Old 02-26-2016, 11:10 AM

24 posts, read 13,670 times
I just want to make it clear the ex boyfriend was not like this at all when we were together. So I didn't hold onto a one sided relationship with someone who was treating me poorly like someone mentioned, that is not the case. This behavior of his never came out until after the break up, and when he contacted me the other night.

I did not intentionally continue with the drama, that was not my plan, but yes it is a bad decision on my part to talk with him when he texted me, I shouldn't of. I thought that I could somehow get him to realize that what he did wasn't okay. I also wanted to try and get more answers from him as I did not feel I got much closure. When he kept telling me he cared and missed me, it actually upset me to hear that because I can't tell whether he means it or not. So again I continued contact because I thought eventually I would get answers that made sense. Most of the things he tells me, and his decisions he has made, do not make sense.

I understand when you say I am the problem. But it is very hard to let someone I was really in love with go. He has changed dramatically since he got with her, it's weird to deal with that. And him trying to put some blame on me, I felt like I had to defend myself. I still had a lot I wanted to say to him.

But I'm not going to be contacting him anymore so there isn't going to be any further problems. Please don't argue and be rude to one another.

Old 02-26-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
I'd say the person who isn't too bright is the one who tries to present herself as a "professional counselor" yet communicates in the manner above.

Either you're making stuff up about your professional training or you didn't pick up much in terms of how to communicate with people during your training
Again, you aren't too bright. What I said here is that many factors play a role in forming a person and their choices. You blame a person's parents entirely. I'm saying, no, there are other factors as well.
Why are you so obsessed with me? Pretty strange.

Old 02-26-2016, 11:16 AM

You are a supposed trained professional counselor. Yet you call people jerks and tell them they are not very bright. Is this how you talk to people in real life?

Old 02-26-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:

Calling people jerks is not the sign of a trained professional counselor
How is that not a sign of a trained counselor? Have you paid me a dime? Are we in a session right now? Counselors are people, too. Just like doctors, lawyers, etc. I am not in a session right now, though sounds like you need to be in one..

Old 02-26-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara442 View Post
I just want to make it clear the ex boyfriend was not like this at all when we were together. So I didn't hold onto a one sided relationship with someone who was treating me poorly like someone mentioned, that is not the case. This behavior of his never came out until after the break up, and when he contacted me the other night.

I did not intentionally continue with the drama, that was not my plan, but yes it is a bad decision on my part to talk with him when he texted me, I shouldn't of. I thought that I could somehow get him to realize that what he did wasn't okay. I also wanted to try and get more answers from him as I did not feel I got much closure. When he kept telling me he cared and missed me, it actually upset me to hear that because I can't tell whether he means it or not. So again I continued contact because I thought eventually I would get answers that made sense. Most of the things he tells me, and his decisions he has made, do not make sense.

I understand when you say I am the problem. But it is very hard to let someone I was really in love with go. He has changed dramatically since he got with her, it's weird to deal with that. And him trying to put some blame on me, I felt like I had to defend myself. I still had a lot I wanted to say to him.

But I'm not going to be contacting him anymore so there isn't going to be any further problems. Please don't argue and be rude to one another.
Don't pay attention to that guy trolling your thread. He's just an ass, and that's my professional opinion.
Some people in this world are just mean and troll others, because they feel empty inside. Like with the guy posting here, and your ex. Some just get off on being mean.

Old 02-26-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara442 View Post

Good for you for taking responsibility for your actions and deciding not to continue to have contact with him in the future. That should solve things in terms of him bugging you and making you feel guilty.

See? Easy Peasy!

Old 02-26-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
How is that not a sign of a trained counselor? Have you paid me a dime? Are we in a session right now? Counselors are people, too. Just like doctors, lawyers, etc. I am not in a session right now, though sounds like you need to be in one..
So, outside of counseling sessions, you call people jerks and tell them they're not very bright. I think I can see why you are struggling to find decent guys.

Old 02-26-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
So, outside of counseling sessions, you call people jerks and tell them they're not very bright. I think I can see why you are struggling to find decent guys.
So, you're Mother Theresa? You've never called someone a jerk in your entire life, when they are being mean? What do you do for a living? What makes a counselor exempt for calling out an a$shole when we see one in real life? This shows how delusional you are.
And who said I was "struggling" to find decent guys?
You're just a miserable little troll, and this is your only way to get out your frustration in life, I get it. But I'm still reporting you for hijacking the thread and personal attacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships