Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2016, 10:31 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
This thing about men dating women 15-20 years younger than them seems really rare out in the real world where reality happens. Seems much more common in the non real world of the internet where bullshyt happens.

Yeah, I never ever see it. I did have a date with a 32 yo that went well (I'm 44), but man, the gap is just too big I think. But I never contact these women, they're younger than my preference, but most women that seem to reach out to me are mid 30s. I don't get it. Where are the awesome 40 somethings?

Old 03-02-2016, 10:37 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
This thing about men dating women 15-20 years younger than them seems really rare out in the real world where reality happens. Seems much more common in the non real world of the internet where bullshyt happens.

The big age gap does seem to be sort of a holy grail that men want or think they want, or which makes them all exceptional gentleman if they date someone much younger. But then in almost every thread here there's a woman humble bragging about all the studly 22 year olds chasing her 40 or 50 something behind. So neither gender is beyond validating themselves against the age of people interested in them.

Oh youth and beauty!
For sure, he's completely delusional. Not too many 18-year-old girls are into middle age men; with few exceptions, there are often "daddy issues" involved, and/or the relationship is less than reciprocal.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:44 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
For sure, he's completely delusional. Not too many 18-year-old girls are into middle age men; with few exceptions, there are often "daddy issues" involved, and/or the relationship is less than reciprocal.
God Bless 'daddy issues', Lol

Old 03-02-2016, 10:52 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
Some of us are only getting started!

Old 03-02-2016, 10:55 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
My mom is 50 and people often tell her she still looks like she's in her 30s. I've been told I still look like I'm in my teens.

So a person can never really know....if they are going strictly by appearances. But sexual prime just seems like another unnecessary standard.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:11 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Regarding threads like this where actual information is readily available to answer the question, it seems obvious that the author is stirring the pot. And given the slightest prompt, we here at C_D, myself included at least indirectly, will stir away

So, did the OP mean literally at what point are women typically most sexual, meaning horny. Isn't this typically from late thirties up until menopause? Menopause often slows this down or occasionally brings it to a screeching halt, but not always. Some women get right back at it if they have a lull, and some never develop the same interest once they're through menopause. Then some women have a sexual awakening of sorts late in life. Kinda depends on the woman.

For balance, men reach their peak in their late teens or early 20s. Most healthy men with fairly engaged libidos stay interested in sex well into middle age and beyond. Most of us slow down at about the same time women do. Some of us have performance issues, and some see a lessening of desire generally, and some are horndogs when they are, but that's once or twice a week as opposed two once or twice an hour back in the day. Some guys are banging away into their 70s. Again, it depends on the man.

If the OP meant to ask at what point are women most desirable, then maybe he needs a good dose of ****. Where can that question go but in the crapper?

For clarity, the **** was for a common internet speak set of letters suggesting in graphic terms that Silence is Typically, even Frequently better than Using poor judgment.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:11 AM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Lol, the folly of youth
Older guys covet younger women because they look good and are at the height of their physical attractiveness, generally speaking.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:22 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhhNo View Post
I'm a 23 year old guy dating an 18 year old girl.

In 10 years I'll be a 33 year old guy dating an 18 year old girl.

In 20 years I'll be 43 year old guy dating an 18 year old girl.

18-21 is ideal..
And you would know this from your vast experience in life, having attained the pinnacle of wisdom after a long life well-lived. Bless you, Your Grace.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:25 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
Older guys covet younger women because they look good and are at the height of their physical attractiveness, generally speaking.
I thought they covet younger women because they're heading into geezerhood and have slowed down in a certain department, and need a young ornament to show to the world that they still have what it takes.

Silly me. Where did I get that idea?

Old 03-02-2016, 11:27 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I thought they covet younger women because they're heading into geezerhood and have slowed down in a certain department, and need a young ornament to show to the world that they still have what it takes.

Silly me. Where did I get that idea?
One is intended to satisfy the person, and one is meant to impress others. They're not mutually exclusive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships