Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2016, 02:36 PM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I did use to view it as something to enjoy and grow from together. But then I found myself to be the only one involved in any growing and participating in the relationships. So I am trying a new tactic to encourage commitment.
And if you don't mind me asking, how is this new tactic working out for you?

Old 02-29-2016, 02:39 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I never actually answered the question. It's impossible to answer for anyone else so I'll just speak for myself.

TMI, the sensitive should look away... You have been warned, I'm serious about that. So here it is:

I thought I was randy in my 20s but right now, at 48, is the horniest I've ever been in my life. Just can't keep my mind off of it.

Husband is reaping the benefits. I use that poor boy like he's a draft horse some days. I'm worried, am considering hooking him up to a glucose/hydration drip as preventative.

No idea what it is. I suppose it could be partly hormonal. But I think it's largely mental...I mean if I had to just guess. I no longer care how I appear in bed, I don't care about laughable ecstasy faces, if I'm moving funny, I don't care about waiting and appearing feminine rather than grabbing for what I want and how and in what order. Just...don't care.

I think that attitude has made sex like nine bajillion times better for me and when it feels and is better...well, you just want more of it.

It's selfish...and I try to pity my husband for that fact...I do try...

The thing is, if I had come to this overall conclusion earlier...or later...would that have been my sexual "prime"? Again, that means it's not necessarily age-related, or at least not to a specific age, but just dropping the whole "What's right and what's wrong?" thing in bed. I might have come to that conclusion at 30 instead of 48 had circumstances been different. Or I might not be there at all now at 48 and hit my stride at 60 instead. Or never. Or maybe something devastating had happened to me physically or emotionally at a certain age and cut me off from enjoying ever again and so in retrospect I'd have had to say my sexual prime was 18 or 22 or whatever. This is really just an impossible question to answer as a general thing, IMO.
See I was already like that in my 20's. I am very wild and freaky. So now I have been there and done it all. I want the rest of the package like the husband. Not just the sex.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
If you want someone to fix your car on demand, AAA might be a good place to start.

Seriously, do you want a partner, or someone to be at your beck and call when you are in distress?
I want a partner in life to be by my side through challenges. As it is now I have to do everything. I had surgery a few weeks ago and declined being put under so I could drive myself home. I want a husband that wants to hold my hand and be by my side.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
And if you don't mind me asking, how is this new tactic working out for you?
Dating a guy that is open to marriage, so progress. We have only been together 6 months. But if it ends with him, I am done until marriage.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:46 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Nope, just fed up with unsuccessful relationships.
Well, that's what I meant. IOW it's based on the way you feel, not based on having "aged out" of "sexual prime" or something.

In your case.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:31 PM

454 posts, read 310,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I never actually answered the question. It's impossible to answer for anyone else so I'll just speak for myself.

TMI, the sensitive should look away... You have been warned, I'm serious about that. So here it is:

I thought I was randy in my 20s but right now, at 48, is the horniest I've ever been in my life. Just can't keep my mind off of it.

Husband is reaping the benefits. I use that poor boy like he's a draft horse some days. I'm worried, am considering hooking him up to a glucose/hydration drip as preventative.

No idea what it is. I suppose it could be partly hormonal. But I think it's largely mental...I mean if I had to just guess. I no longer care how I appear in bed, I don't care about laughable ecstasy faces, if I'm moving funny, I don't care about waiting and appearing feminine rather than grabbing for what I want and how and in what order. Just...don't care.

I think that attitude has made sex like nine bajillion times better for me and when it feels and is better...well, you just want more of it.

It's selfish...and I try to pity my husband for that fact...I do try...

The thing is, if I had come to this overall conclusion earlier...or later...would that have been my sexual "prime"? Again, that means it's not necessarily age-related, or at least not to a specific age, but just dropping the whole "What's right and what's wrong?" thing in bed. I might have come to that conclusion at 30 instead of 48 had circumstances been different. Or I might not be there at all now at 48 and hit my stride at 60 instead. Or never. Or maybe something devastating had happened to me physically or emotionally at a certain age and cut me off from enjoying ever again and so in retrospect I'd have had to say my sexual prime was 18 or 22 or whatever. This is really just an impossible question to answer as a general thing, IMO.
Your husband sounds like one lucky guy. I seriously doubt you have reason to pity him. Most guys should be so lucky to have that kind of pity! LOL

Old 02-29-2016, 04:20 PM

251 posts, read 175,446 times
When MEN stop fighting over them.

Usually NEVER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EwgvDvtqQs

Old 02-29-2016, 04:30 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Late 40's and past 50.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:34 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Late 40's and past 50.
Let us know when you get there, yourself.

Seriously, though, keep some perspective. I'm 49. Sixty-year-olds LOVE me.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:36 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Everybody has a shelf life. Just sayin....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships