Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 10:31 AM

2 posts, read 2,199 times

Advertisements

it's mind blowing how much this happens

Perfect example

Started hanging out with a girl then she started acting like we were a couple by cuddling and sweet texting me. We were also sleeping together to

I had interest in her and said something about a relationship and she said "i dont want that right now"

So i though ok then i'm just gonna treat her like a piece of meat. I'm not gonna be a "go to person" when she wants to cuddle and such

I stopped texted her first, when she tried to cuddle i wouldnt even attempt to, didn't take her out to eat or anything

Suddenly i started to notice she would keep asking "whats wrong?" "are you mad at me"

One night she asked if she could come over and I told her I had a date so no. She said "you are dating other girls?" i said "well yea, I'm single"

She said "wow" and I just ignored her. I wasn't doing ANYTHING WRONG

A few days later she was apologizing about syaing to to us in a relationship and she really did like me but wasn't sure what she wanted. She would keep asking what i was doing and who i was with and if i was interested in anyone

why does this happen? why is it if you pill away they start to freak out and suddenly question everything you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 10:40 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgroce View Post

Perfect example

Started hanging out with a girl then she started acting like we were a couple by cuddling and sweet texting me. We were also sleeping together to

I had interest in her and said something about a relationship and she said "i dont want that right now"

So i though ok then i'm just gonna treat her like a piece of meat. I'm not gonna be a "go to person" when she wants to cuddle and such

I stopped texted her first, when she tried to cuddle i wouldnt even attempt to, didn't take her out to eat or anything

Suddenly i started to notice she would keep asking "whats wrong?" "are you mad at me"

One night she asked if she could come over and I told her I had a date so no. She said "you are dating other girls?" i said "well yea, I'm single"

A few days later she was apologizing about syaing to to us in a relationship and she really did like me but wasn't sure what she wanted. She would keep asking what i was doing and who i was with and if i was interested in anyone

why does this happen? why is it if you pill away they start to freak out and suddenly question everything you do?
You answered your own question. She thought it was something more than it was.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:47 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,232,757 times
most women don't like a nice guy til they've been burnt a few times by the "bad boys"
hang in their,,,,

they do get wiser....or start to liking other women

Old 02-27-2016, 10:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You answered your own question. She thought it was something more than it was.

but she said no to it being a relationship

Old 02-27-2016, 10:57 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times
She wants what she can't have. The more you pull away the more she wants you!

Old 02-27-2016, 11:07 AM

469 posts, read 398,823 times
Just tell her the truth - you were interested in a relationship but since she's not, you'll continue to look elsewhere and since all she wants is a hook-up then you're good with that in the meantime.

BTW, both men and women do this.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:10 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times
You all just need to start being a little more truthful with your words to one another and stop letting the actions do all of the talking for you

Actions are great, but your words are what will interperate them for each other

Old 02-27-2016, 11:13 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,381 times
She was probably seeing at least one other guy too, or at least had interest in one. You seeing someone else is competition in her eyes--your coldness towards her was a surprise, too. She appears to have expected you to be on standby, and the fact that you kept it moving and honestly told her so was like a sharp slap. She'll say and do whatever she can to be '#1' in your eyes--how real it is and how much of it is ego stroking for her remains to be seen.

Personally I'd waste no time with a woman who couldn't be bothered to show true interest until she realized she'd lost mine.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:18 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,834 times
Because you start to lose interest that´s why.

When you start dating other women, if she has some degree of interest she will come after you.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:26 AM

524 posts, read 521,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgroce View Post

Perfect example

Lol. This happened to a straight male friend of mine recently. He's almost 40 and has a history of failed relationships with women. Recently he met a woman who said and did all the right things… at first.

They had sex, and within days she was blowing up his phone, asking him why he "liked" other women's photos on social media, etc. He wasted no time dumping her and blocking her on social media.

The problem is there aren't enough available men to go around. The demand for men exceeds the supply. So women are getting increasingly desperate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships