Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2016, 09:57 AM

3,423 posts, read 4,368,091 times

Advertisements

"Every pot has a lid".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 10:03 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
No, but keep believe in it might help.

Old 03-13-2016, 01:03 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
"Every pot has a lid".
I'm sure there is. Like in China, where 2010 estimates show about 52 million more men than women. The US has about 4 million more women than men, so I guess there will be some cat women keeping themselves company.

Old 03-13-2016, 01:10 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
I believe that the right person for me is Wentworth Miller. I just need to transition into a man and then maybe I'd have a shot.

Old 03-13-2016, 02:00 PM

641 posts, read 405,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I have a few single guy friends and here is what is going on:

1. 46, average height, hardly any hair anymore, no butt, skinny legs, big beer belly, slightly below average face. Gets laid all the time because he is not shy and just hits on women he likes. He said if one out of 50 respond, he is happy! He said women like how bold he is. He doesn't care about rejection. If we wouldn't work together, I might have tried him out when I was single.

2. 42, looks average, but finds himself ugly. Never had a gf. Probably never will because he is too shy. He wants a gf but does NOTHING about it. Refuses to go on dating sites because he feels to ugly to even have a chance. It's sad to watch because he is getting more and more depressed and would be a great bf.

3. 35, smoking hot, gym rat, muscles, super nice. Desperately looking for a gf, goes out a lot but is too shy to approach and women usually don't approach him either. I think the issue here is that women think he is too hot and don't even bother. He had gfs in the past but has a hard time finding one since 2 years.

My point - no matter how you look like, don't be shy!! You can't win if you don't try!! Looks are secondary, just be bold and put yourself out there and approach.
I'm a mix of 2 and 3. I'm introverted and shy and find it extremely difficult to approach, especially with strangers. Once the ice is broken i'm fine and i'm a good conversationalist but I never get anywhere in bars.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:30 PM

529 posts, read 508,287 times
You know, I think it's nice to believe that there has to be someone out there for everyone, or at least yourself. On the other hand, I don't really think I end up with a GF anytime soon.

And I am not looking for the one, but just some to have a very casual relationship with. Not in the next month as I'll be moving...and trying to establish myself in a new city...but not too long after I were to find employment there. It'd be nice to have someone to cheer up and be with...

Old 03-14-2016, 03:54 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by startingfromscratchagain View Post
You know, I think it's nice to believe that there has to be someone out there for everyone, or at least yourself. On the other hand, I don't really think I end up with a GF anytime soon.

And I am not looking for the one, but just some to have a very casual relationship with. Not in the next month as I'll be moving...and trying to establish myself in a new city...but not too long after I were to find employment there. It'd be nice to have someone to cheer up and be with...
It'd be nice to have a lot of things.

However, don't get so caught up in daydreaming, that you forget about the real world around you.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:57 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,278,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I can't believe we're talking about how prisoners get chicks.

You know what kind of messed up, baggage-laden, nutbag chicks they get?

Water finds/seeks it own level.

I hate this saying with a passion. As if you can rank people.

OP,

I am not sure how to answer this. Most of my friends are married - family too. I did not think that it was possible for me. Mostly due to looks. Up until a few years ago, I suffered from strabismus (crossed eyes). During that time, I met my husband in the gym. He is very handsome and prior to my makeover, we were not physically matched at all.

Now, post surgery and post weight loss, we are equally yoked lol.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: If I can meet/marry someone, I'm sure that anyone can.

Old 03-14-2016, 04:10 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post

OP,

I am not sure how to answer this. Most of my friends are married - family too. I did not think that it was possible for me. Mostly due to looks. Up until a few years ago, I suffered from strabismus (crossed eyes). During that time, I met my husband in the gym. He is very handsome and prior to my makeover, we were not physically matched at all.

Now, post surgery and post weight loss, we are equally yoked lol.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: If I can meet/marry someone, I'm sure that anyone can.
Geez, you say that as if cross-eyed people never date or get married.

Old 03-14-2016, 04:17 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I don't think "water meets its own level" is about ranking, it's a more pessimistic way of saying "birds of a feather flock together."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships