Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 10:30 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy56709 View Post
It hurts coz we had been keeping close for 7 months...and just left without telling me? But I still wanna reach out to him. Am I crazy? I feel like I am an idiot now
Yes, it would be pretty idiotic to give him any further thought. Anything that happens from now on in terms of you feeling like you are getting jerked around is your fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 10:56 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Ugh, this is so sad. Sorry to hear it, OP. And yes, it happens. I'd pull back, way back. I'd make other plans in the place of the plans I was initially hoping to make with this guy. And I surely wouldn't be contacting him again and would be casual if he contacted me, if I replied at all.

Really sorry.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:51 PM

72 posts, read 47,388 times
You've spent months and months and months talking and not once have you had sex? He owes you nothing nor does it sound like you were in a relationship. He's out there living it up right now getting laid with women who are actually in close proximity to him. Better believe it, sister.

I'd buy this guy a drink or 3.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhhNo View Post
You've spent months and months and months talking and not once have you had sex? He owes you nothing nor does it sound like you were in a relationship. He's out there living it up right now getting laid with women who are actually in close proximity to him. Better believe it, sister.

I'd buy this guy a drink or 3.
I thought you don't buy ANYONE any drinks.

But all of a sudden you're rushing to buy some random guy three of them?

It's all beginning to become clear now...

Old 03-14-2016, 10:07 PM

964 posts, read 994,870 times
Quote:
I feel like he actually read all my msgs now coz he somehow online in whatsapp but then he just got offline. Maybe I should just move on now I guess. He just suddenly doesn't interested in me anymore.
It's not that surprising. You said the two of you only met in person a couple of times. So to some degree, you were more like pen-pals or Skype pals. Not much of a bond formed in just a couple of in-person meetings, and you live in different countries. This kind of thing happens all the time. If you'd spent a whole summer together, that would have been different. No offense intended, but to be honest, you shouldn't be pinning so much hope on someone you only saw in person two or three times.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:30 AM

1,752 posts, read 3,754,623 times
He found someone local and moved on. Delete all his contact info and move on as well. It sucks. He took the coward way out. He knew there is no chance of bumping into you on the street or in the store so he just ghosted.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:39 AM

788 posts, read 1,271,903 times
Quote:
It hurts coz we had been keeping close for 7 months...and just left without telling me? But I still wanna reach out to him. Am I crazy? I feel like I am an idiot now
No, you're not crazy. What he's doing is inconsiderate and heartless. I'm really sorry this is happening to you. It's happened to me too, so I know how it feels. But my advice is to focus on yourself and do something for you that you've neglected while focusing on him. You're probably going to replay it over and over in your head, wondering what you did wrong. I can tell you you've done nothing wrong. He's the one who's doing something wrong, so forget him and move on. Good luck to you!

Old 03-15-2016, 10:29 AM

462 posts, read 550,302 times
I agree with the others, he found someone local and probably felt awkward explaining it to you. You seemed to have way too much invested in someone you only met a couple of times and who lives in a different country. Find someone close to where you live, dating is a lot easier that way.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:49 PM

454 posts, read 311,045 times
Quote:
So I met a guy online and we hung out for a couple of times. It turned out he was only staying my country for vacation. While we hung out, I guessed he's into me coz he took the initiative to kiss me. He even introduced one of his best friend to me when we hung out. Everything was good. When he left, we decided to keep contact and he said he would Skype me.
So after that, in those 7 months, when we had time we would Skype for at least 2 hours. One day when we Skype, I mentioned I had holidays and could visit him and his country, he said he wanted me to stay at his home and wanted me to have a dinner with his family if I was willing to do that. I said I could and I thought he wanted to be serious with me coz he was already 27 years old and we did get along.
But one day when I texted him when he would have day off again, he just read them and didn't respond to me but we did chat yesterday night. I thought he would reply to me after several days coz he used to respond to me after a week. But it's been 18 days now and he didn't respond to me. During those 18 days, I texted him again and it's like he just vanished. Not read my msgs( I think) and it's like he didn't use his phone. I tried to text him on Skype and I think he read it coz he was online but after that, he was offline and he didn't use Skype again. The latest time he used Skype was 4 days ago and he didn't read the msgs I sent him again.
To be honest, I am very confused now and I have no idea why he has been ghosting me. He doesn't seem like a guy who would ghost me after 7 months and it just makes me curious why on earth he would want me to see his family if he doesn't like me? He used to send me videos of his nephew, telling my name to his nephew and the little kid would say my name, asking me how I was doing. He would send me pics of himself while he had day offs.
Now, he's just gone. I am frustrated about it and know I should move on. But thing is I can't. It's hard to move on when I don't know the reason. I am thinking if I should contact his friend on Facebook, asking him if he is alright or not. If he is fine, replying to friends everyday, I feel like at least I know he actually read my texts, just doesn't wanna respond to me. Right now, I am struggling if I should look for that friend he introduced to me or I should just let it go. Please help me to think if I should do it. Ghosting is really horrible and I have never been ghosted. Guys, plz tell me if I should look for his friends and ask him what happened or just move o
It definitely sucks to be ghosted but it sounds like that's just what happened here. He probably met someone else. He should at least be decent enough with you to tell you but it doesn't sound like he's mature enough to do so. You should move on. You're better off without him.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:50 PM

454 posts, read 311,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I thought you don't buy ANYONE any drinks.

But all of a sudden you're rushing to buy some random guy three of them?

It's all beginning to become clear now...
Wondering what team he plays on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships