Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 07:01 AM

13 posts, read 4,729 times

Advertisements

I don't know about this one woman that I met. I am getting mixed signals about her. We met online on match.com and we chatted and went on a first date. From what I saw in the first date she looked like she had a great time getting to know me. We agreed upon meeting for dinner this coming week. She texted me back and said that she had a nice time with me the following day. I told her likewise. Then during the mid week I just sent a a quick hello how are you doing message and she replied. I told her that I thought that she is a very nice person and I liked the way she smiles. After saying that I got no acknowledgement from her as a thank you. I have dated many women who would acknowledge compliments like that and I didn't hear nothing for that. She just then diverted to discussing the weather. I told her also that because this is s new year that my year started off great meeting someone new like her and looking forward in getting to know her and that she is s very nice person . Again no acknowledgement on that compliment either. As I say again I dated women in the past and normally they would acknowledge something like that with a thank you or that she looks forward in getting to know me as well. My question is is should I move on and cut my losses with her because I have a feeling that she is talking to some other guys as well? Or is she just plain cold and doesn't know what she wants? Because if that is the case I don't want to waste my time with her . Please help

Last edited by Popeyehaventn; 03-17-2016 at 07:10 AM..

Old 03-17-2016, 07:26 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
... Or perhaps she doesn't take compliments well?

She felt uncomfortable about them since she barely knows you?

She worried that you are moving too fast, especially after the second compliment?

There are lots of options, and really, it's not unreasonable that she might be talking to other guys right now.

Would you want someone to give up on YOU at this point?

Old 03-17-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
... Or perhaps she doesn't take compliments well?

She felt uncomfortable about them since she barely knows you?

She worried that you are moving too fast, especially after the second compliment?

There are lots of options, and really, it's not unreasonable that she might be talking to other guys right now.

Would you want someone to give up on YOU at this point?
Well I am not moving too fast . I am not looking for a one night stand with her as well. I barely know her as well. Plus why would she not like compliments like that? As I said I dated plenty of women who would acknowledge nice compliments like that unless she has a confidence problem and is just looking for a free meal ticket out of me then dump me.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeyehaventn View Post
Well I am not moving too fast . I am not looking for a one night stand with her as well. I barely know her as well. Plus why would she not like compliments like that? As I said I dated plenty of women who would acknowledge nice compliments like that unless she has a confidence problem and is just looking for a free meal ticket out of me then dump me.
You seem to have made up your mind, even though you admit you barely know her.

Maybe she IS a jerk, as you seem to think. Maybe she has bad manners.

But ... Women are different. You've dated plenty who like those compliments, but apparently she doesn't.

You sent one compliment she didn't acknowledge, so why did you double down with another one?

Are you in your 40s?

Old 03-17-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
You seem to have made up your mind, even though you admit you barely know her.

Maybe she IS a jerk, as you seem to think. Maybe she has bad manners.

But ... Women are different. You've dated plenty who like those compliments, but apparently she doesn't.

You sent one compliment she didn't acknowledge, so why did you double down with another one?

Are you in your 40s?
No in my 30s and so is she. We are both mid 30s

Maybe she is playing hard to get because women who are mature enough to date would accept nice compliments like that. I wasn't telling her that I want to jump into bed with her and have wild sex. I am not that kind of person. I want to get to know whom I am dealing with as well and if she is playing hard to get I don't want to waste my time with someone like that

Old 03-17-2016, 07:45 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeyehaventn View Post
I don't know about this one woman that I met. I am getting mixed signals about her. We met online on match.com and we chatted and went on a first date. From what I saw in the first date she looked like she had a great time getting to know me. We agreed upon meeting for dinner this coming week. She texted me back and said that she had a nice time with me the following day. I told her likewise. Then during the mid week I just sent a a quick hello how are you doing message and she replied. I told her that I thought that she is a very nice person and I liked the way she smiles. After saying that I got no acknowledgement from her as a thank you. I have dated many women who would acknowledge compliments like that and I didn't hear nothing for that. She just then diverted to discussing the weather. I told her also that because this is s new year that my year started off great meeting someone new like her and looking forward in getting to know her and that she is s very nice person . Again no acknowledgement on that compliment either. As I say again I dated women in the past and normally they would acknowledge something like that with a thank you or that she looks forward in getting to know me as well. My question is is should I move on and cut my losses with her because I have a feeling that she is talking to some other guys as well? Or is she just plain cold and doesn't know what she wants? Because if that is the case I don't want to waste my time with her . Please help
Maybe you should assume that she just agrees that she has a nice smile and is a nice person.

Women are not required (nor are men) to fall over themselves thanking others for unsolicited compliments.

Quit complimenting her and see how this goes.

If you want a woman you can compliment who will thank you profusely for bestowing compliments upon her, quit talking to this one, because she does not seem to be willing to do that.

ETA: Not thanking a person for a compliment does not mean that the compliment wasn't read, heard, or understood. Or even that the compliment wasn't accepted.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

If you want a woman you can compliment who will thank you profusely for bestowing compliments upon her, quit talking to this one, because she does not seem to be willing to do that.
Exactly. It's all part of the process of getting to know each other and evaluating compatibility.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:47 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,148 times
If there is stuff bothering you about her already, then just end it and move on. I don't think there is any motive or secret meaning behind not acknowledging a compliment. Some people acknowledge them, some don't. Obviously acknowledging them is important to you and since this woman doesn't and it's bothering you a lot, it's not a match.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Maybe you should assume that she just agrees that she has a nice smile and is a nice person.

Women are not required (nor are men) to fall over themselves thanking others for unsolicited compliments.

Quit complimenting her and see how this goes.

ETA: Not thanking a person for a compliment does not mean that the compliment wasn't read, heard, or understood. Or even that the compliment wasn't accepted.
Well she is giving signals already that she can be very cold as a person and that is something I am not too comfortable with. A mature woman who looks forward in dating and wanting to meet someone will appreciate
Nice compliments from a gentleman. I was raised to treat a women with respect and be a gentleman on a date. Again who appreciate a gentleman on a date sounds mature enough to date. Because if she is unpredictable like that she will have a difficult time finding the right guy.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Exactly. It's all part of the process of getting to know each other and evaluating compatibility.
Well evaluating compatibility is what am doing and it is not my style to hop in the sack with her after the first date but it is my style to be a gentleman on a date
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships