Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 04:30 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
What original agreement? She wrote they agreed to not be official.

And to not see other people. I know that makes it sound official, but not seeing other people is pretty clear, whatever you call it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 04:44 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,285,338 times
No kidding. Seeing other people is not seeing other people. We had the same agreement in the relationship I had end in January. She wasn't ready to be Facebook Official or carry around the moniker of boyfriend and girlfriend, yet neither of us were seeing other people. I know I've had to head down that path in life, because I've dated some women that turned out to be commitment phobes and/or overly independent and relied on their independent status. Nothing wrong with it, since I followed the same path in my late 20s when I ended up dating a couple good women in that time period. I can tell you what independence has gotten me, and that's SINGLE. I turned 30 and my ability to meet a woman who wanted a serious relationship drastically decreased. I also started noticing that women I was meeting was wanting less of a title and to hold onto as much independence as they could.

Old 03-28-2016, 04:50 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Wait! You're freaking out because you haven't heard from him since 2:30 today? That's only four hours.

I agree you probably screwed up but so did he. Don't contact him. Let him make the next few choices.

Old 03-28-2016, 05:02 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
What original agreement? She wrote they agreed to not be official.
Actually, according to her they didn't agree to be "official", whatever that means. He did, however, tell her that he was no longer using the app. He was basically lying.

Old 03-28-2016, 05:08 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Cheeses, could he be any more defensive about it? Good God! Sir, take a Xanax!

His overblown degree of defensiveness and snottiness would be telling me all I needed to know, personally. His specifically stating where he'd be on a specific weekend to total strangers on a dating/hookup site only cements the obviousness. Put your profile back up. Things won't get prettier from here, the guy is not only a liar but he freaks out even when you're being 100% cool and accepting. Sure wouldn't be the guy I'd want to be with. I'd be dropping this guy.

Last edited by JerZ; 03-28-2016 at 05:45 PM..

Old 03-29-2016, 04:14 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjess1951 View Post
I guess you're right.

Maybe I was confused because if I compare him to the last crap guy I dated, he did everything different. He took me out, introduced me to his friends, always made me a priority. He was never mean to me and always listened. Even my friends like how attentive he was towards me and seemed very interested in me. I've never had anyone who wanted to do things for me like cook me dinner, take me out, etc. He never made me feel pressure to sleep with him. Literally, everything was perfect. That's why I don't understand why he did this.

He knew I could have easily got on my account and see his update, which I did.
Then, in a sense, you lied too.

You said you weren't on it either.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:22 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,196 times
Agh dating via apps. If both don't delete their profile once they've had any 'talk', then both are still looking to meet people. Just my experience.

Social media is far from a beneficial thing... Except maybe seeing what random people are having for lunch or increasing thumb fatigue from our phone addictions, imo

Old 03-29-2016, 05:06 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
I wouldn't have any problem with him still looking for other people except that you both agreed not to date anyone else. He lied to you. No matter what his explanation is, or if he apologizes how can you trust him now?

Old 03-29-2016, 05:10 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Then, in a sense, you lied too.

You said you weren't on it either.
Not really, though. She wasn't actively using it for its intended purpose.

She logged in once to show her friend how it works, which my friend has done for me before. It's not quite the same thing as using the app.

It's telling that he asked her first if she was still on the app. For him to get on the same app they met on to seek out a hookup is either really dumb on his part or incredibly ballsy, knowing how easily she could see him on there.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 03-29-2016 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: pre-coffee typos

Old 03-29-2016, 06:17 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,165 times
He probably likes you alot but since you aren't "putting out", he goes online looking for someone who will LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships