Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 11:14 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,720 times

Advertisements

My wife commented the other day that our next anniversary will be our 10 year. Now it's not until March but I thought I'd ask you all for ideas for the special day. I'd like to get away for a few days but don't know if that is possible. Any ideas on what to do and what to get for a ten-year? Since this is my first and only marriage I want to do something memorable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 11:22 AM

788 posts, read 4,068,690 times
Think "romance" and indulge. If you can't get away for a few days, then go to a fancy day spa. Many have couple's packages with tandem massages (very romantic--I did this one Valentine's day with hubby). Get her her favorite flowers, champagne, chocolate dipped strawberries, and make reservations in your town's most romantic restaurant. Get the kids to go to a sitter's for the whole night so you can continue the romance when you get home...

Old 06-22-2007, 12:01 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times
HMMMMM, March and you live in Minnesota. I've got it, take her on a cruise. Can you get someone to watch the kids for a week? If you can, check out vacationstogo.com. Cruises are reasonable especially if you figure everything is included. And they are quite romantic. If you arrange everything, that's a gift too!

Old 06-22-2007, 03:22 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Pick something she really likes to do and treat her to a nice day. Pick something she likes but rarely gets to do.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:41 PM

23,017 posts, read 34,387,993 times
I told my husband any anniversary that ends in a 5 or 0 is important On our 10th I got a beautiful diamond necklace. I LOVE jewelry. I like the idea of time away together, even if you're still in town. Start saving for it now

Old 06-23-2007, 07:08 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
The one gift my husband gave me that was special ( not that they weren't all special) is for out 3rd anniversary he gave me earrings with 3 gold hearts.
Although, the idea of a cruise sounds good especially if you go during the freezing cold.
Lots of good hints here..Let us know what you decide to do

Old 06-23-2007, 10:27 AM

One idea that has come to mind is to take her to Lake Louise in Canada...just above Montana. She used to go there when she was a kid and has always told stories of how much she loved it. Only problem I foresee is the drive in March through Montana and Canada. We love cold weather so maybe even a mountain retreat would be fun. Keep the ideas coming as it sure is helping me!! Thank you all.

Old 06-23-2007, 01:34 PM

402 posts, read 2,211,247 times
what kind of budget? What does she like? Do you have children?

Old 06-23-2007, 01:51 PM

not sure on the budget, 2 kids elementary age. she loves jewelry but it rarely gets worn. She loves romance and is not extravagent. She'd prefer a homemade card because to her that shows more thought and love went into it then picking one out at the store. She does love the cards I pick out because I really take a lot of time to find just the right one. She loves Christian and Country music. She's not up for fancy restaurants but not an Applebees for anniversary either. She is very practical and loves practical gifts, but when I do get something "unpractical" she loves it very much because it's not something she would go out and buy, but would love to have. She enjoys massages but is not up for the whole "foofy foo foo" type of day spa with the girls. She loves football and chili on the cold November days. She'll wear a football jersey and root for her team...and you better bet there will be a few Christians with a strong witness on that team, or she won't root for them.

She is every man's dream of a wife. One who loves to sit and watch football and enjoy the family, and yet she's feminine and sweet...but not the type that has to sit in front of the mirror for two hours...or spend five minutes in front of the mirror. She's very balanced in almost all of her life. She wants to be appreciated, loved and pampered by the man she loves. Gifts are great, but it's the meaning behind them that mean more...so cost is not important (well not completely).

Old 06-23-2007, 02:15 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,681,544 times
Hoosier, do you remember the date you met? You could get all the songs that were big or significant to you on the day you met and a bunch of songs from 1998 and put them together. Can go on walmart's website and have custom CDs made, you can mix all different songs from all different genres on there and it comes wrapped in a case you pick from and labeled as you wish. Like 20 songs on one.

Are her favorite old TV shows (even cartoons from when she was little) not on re-runs anymore? It would be cool watching them with your kids!
Odds are, they can be found on the Net. How about an old sentimental something she remembers from way back? Ask her what her most favorite things were when she was little and go diggin' for the treasures on the Net & show your kids. I did actually manage to land a Chatty Kathy doll back in the pre-net days (my sister's first toy) just calling all over the country, and the catch was that she had to have the same outfit, so anything's possible! :>) (I went by an old picture.)
There's even Olde Time Candy, where you can get all the old time candies and foods you can't find anymore.
Hit her with sentimentality :>) If you remember what you did/ate on your first date, that could do it.

Last edited by Travel'r; 06-23-2007 at 02:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships