Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 02:25 PM

454 posts, read 311,045 times

Advertisements

It's only been a day. Give him time to respond. Stuff happens in life and any number of things could have had him preoccupied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 03:07 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times
Texting has essentially ruined dating.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:20 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,089,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Texting has essentially ruined dating.
Only if you let it. I would rather experience someone in person as much as I can. When I can't, I would rather use a phone when possible and hear her voice. Text is a last resort. Like when I'm at work.

Old 04-06-2016, 04:46 PM

212 posts, read 162,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Well he just answered apologizing saying he hadn't seen my text until late last night, it is almost 4pm today though lol. So I guess we'll see how this plays out.
That's code for he was busy with another broad. Remember he was in your past for a reason.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:32 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,811,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiteGem View Post
That's code for he was busy with another broad. Remember he was in your past for a reason.
Can't lie that was the first thing that went through my mind, but at this point can't really fault him since we're both active on a dating site.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:36 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Can't lie that was the first thing that went through my mind, but at this point can't really fault him since we're both active on a dating site.
Well if he's already acting like this early on then you might as well move on. If it was me I wouldn't have responded after he ghosted the first time. I wouldn't be able to trust him. You seem very interested in him though to put up with this so I say just be careful.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
Well if he's already acting like this early on then you might as well move on. If it was me I wouldn't have responded after he ghosted the first time. I wouldn't be able to trust him. You seem very interested in him though to put up with this so I say just be careful.
I'm really not that interested in him but I figured since there's really nobody else of interest to me on the dating site right now, might as well meet up with him one more time before I decide whether or not he's genuine, not like I have anything to lose (except maybe a bit of pride lol).

We've set a date for next week, so if it happens I'll get a better read of him in person.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:26 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
I too think electronics have effed things up for relationships/dating in some ways.

I hate the "I KNOW she has her phone on her" attitude because a) No I don't necessarily...LOL...I'll put it in my purse and forget it exists for half a day, LOL...longer than that sometimes and b) SO WHAT? Maybe it's not a good time for me to answer the damned text. Maybe I don't FEEL like it right now. Maybe I like to talk when I like to talk. God forbid! Maybe I had to charge my phone. Maybe I was playing with my kids or working or something? Something that was, dare I say (No...really! I know...gasp) more important than my answering your 2-word text............I know, whaaaaaat? (SMH)

It's annoying because everyone expects that everyone else must be available 24/7 due to phones and if you don't answer a text immediately but, for example, post something on Facebook, your paranoid new date will freak out because you "obviously had access to your phone" and "just didn't bother to answer" him or whatever. WTF! LOL! (From what I hear. I'm not dating right now. But I've had friends be offended for this very reason. Really???)

I like my privacy and oddly enough, I like to talk to people when, well, I feel like talking. Whether it's with my mouth or with my fingers.

GKelly, I disagree that the OP was ghosted the first time. It was half a day. If he'd waited a week and then lazily texted back I might agree with you. And even then it wouldn't be ghosting, ghosting is literally disappearing, period. If you're talking about the way-back first time it sounds to me like they both lost interest and it petered out, unless I'm misunderstanding? Which also is not ghosting unless you include the OP in that too...

There's no way to say right now that he isn't interested. Or for that matter that he is. I say just RELAX for heaven's sake, OP. Is it THIS big a deal that he didn't text you immediately? Half a day means he was out running around with another woman? For exactly half a day? Give this a chance or don't but if you don't that's your own insecurity talking, IMO. Sure, maybe it won't pan out at all. Maybe he has zero interest. But you don't know that yet...all you know is what you've blown up in your mind...IMO.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I too think electronics have effed things up for relationships/dating in some ways.

I hate the "I KNOW she has her phone on her" attitude because a) No I don't necessarily...LOL...I'll put it in my purse and forget it exists for half a day, LOL...longer than that sometimes and b) SO WHAT? Maybe it's not a good time for me to answer the damned text. Maybe I don't FEEL like it right now. Maybe I like to talk when I like to talk. God forbid! Maybe I had to charge my phone. Maybe I was playing with my kids or working or something? Something that was, dare I say (No...really! I know...gasp) more important than my answering your 2-word text............I know, whaaaaaat? (SMH)

It's annoying because everyone expects that everyone else must be available 24/7 due to phones and if you don't answer a text immediately but, for example, post something on Facebook, your paranoid new date will freak out because you "obviously had access to your phone" and "just didn't bother to answer" him or whatever. WTF! LOL! (From what I hear. I'm not dating right now. But I've had friends be offended for this very reason. Really???)

I like my privacy and oddly enough, I like to talk to people when, well, I feel like talking. Whether it's with my mouth or with my fingers.

GKelly, I disagree that the OP was ghosted the first time. It was half a day. If he'd waited a week and then lazily texted back I might agree with you. And even then it wouldn't be ghosting, ghosting is literally disappearing, period. If you're talking about the way-back first time it sounds to me like they both lost interest and it petered out, unless I'm misunderstanding? Which also is not ghosting unless you include the OP in that too...

There's no way to say right now that he isn't interested. Or for that matter that he is. I say just RELAX for heaven's sake, OP. Is it THIS big a deal that he didn't text you immediately? Half a day means he was out running around with another woman? For exactly half a day? Give this a chance or don't but if you don't that's your own insecurity talking, IMO. Sure, maybe it won't pan out at all. Maybe he has zero interest. But you don't know that yet...all you know is what you've blown up in your mind...IMO.
Agreed, I'm not going to jump to any conclusions about a guy I barely know. And yes the first time around we kinda lost touch, I wouldn't say he ghosted. Like I said we only had one date back in the summer, and from what I remember I enjoyed it, so I'm willing to go out with him again and see what happens.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:50 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
What happened did you ever hear from him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships