Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 03:42 PM

290 posts, read 567,809 times

Advertisements

Its hard for me to leave my mom and sister for my husband. My husband wants our family ( me, him and our newborn son) to leave on our own. Currently, we live with my mom, sis and my nephew in my house. My husband has been convincing me to have our own house.

He sold his porsche so we can afford to pay for another house. We both have a nice paying job. I cant leave my my mom and sis tho. I feel like Im abandoning them ( i someway financially supporting them). I know I should be choosing my husband but It wont make me happy leaving my "family". Please advice. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 03:49 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
Its hard for me to leave my mom and sister for my husband. My husband wants our family ( me, him and our newborn son) to leave on our own. Currently, we live with my mom, sis and my nephew in my house. My husband has been convincing me to have our own house.

He sold his porsche so we can afford to pay for another house. We both have a nice paying job. I cant leave my my mom and sis tho. I feel like Im abandoning them ( i someway financially supporting them). I know I should be choosing my husband but It wont make me happy leaving my "family". Please advice. Thanks.
Ohhh DEAR!! Haven't you already committed to your own family that includes your husband and child? It's time you cut those apron strings..but no need to move far away, so will have plenty of Mom/Sis time!

Quik question tho. Where you are living actually YOUR House/Home or actually the only "Home you know"? Your post is kind of confusing. How would you be abandoning them? Why, not look to find a duplex/semidetached, where you and your family can live separately but still connected? Surely it can be worked out??

Old 05-01-2016, 03:51 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,614 times
Get your own place with your husband & send your family financial assistance.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:09 PM

290 posts, read 567,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Ohhh DEAR!! Haven't you already committed to your own family that includes your husband and child? It's time you cut those apron strings..but no need to move far away, so will have plenty of Mom/Sis time!

Quik question tho. Where you are living actually YOUR House/Home or actually the only "Home you know"? Your post is kind of confusing. How would you be abandoning them? Why, not look to find a duplex/semidetached, where you and your family can live separately but still connected? Surely it can be worked out??
We live at the house I bought when I was single. When I got married, my husband moved in with us. But his not comfortbale living with other people in the house. He said he wants just us. But I was able to negotiate to take my mom with us. Im having a hard time tho thinking I will be leaving my sister. She will have a hard time leaving alone with her 9 year old son.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:38 PM

308 posts, read 267,346 times
Quote:
We live at the house I bought when I was single. When I got married, my husband moved in with us. But his not comfortbale living with other people in the house. He said he wants just us. But I was able to negotiate to take my mom with us. Im having a hard time tho thinking I will be leaving my sister. She will have a hard time leaving alone with her 9 year old son.
Your husband sold his porsche and you said yourself that you two make enough to buy another house. First, I commend your husband. Secondly, you need to acknowledge that you have your OWN family. Getting your own house does not mean abandon your mom and sister.

If you can't fathom having to leave your mom and sister to live in a separate house with your own family, then sometime down the road, I can foresee you husband taking the money from his sold porsche and buying a separate house without you, if you get the drift.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:40 PM

6,450 posts, read 9,812,682 times
Your husband should get his own house then.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:44 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:

He's got every right to want a family home with you and your kid

If you are helping your family financially then that's great but you can still help out whilst living elsewhere LOL.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:52 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,237,430 times
We've been thru this with you before.

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...my-family.html

Old 05-01-2016, 05:00 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
When you got married and had a child, THAT is your new family, and if you don't put their needs and welfare first, you will end up a divorcee. Then you can spend all the time you want with your Mom and Sister !

Time to grow up and put your big girl panties on and be a Wife and Mother first, and a Daughter and Sister second.

Every married couple needs to be on their own and make their own lives and traditions. Sounds like you are very immature and need to decide who is more important to you. If you continue to think this way, it is telling your Husband that he is second to them, and most guys will bail out if that is the way it is.

Believe me, you will lose him if you continue with this juvenile thinking.

Don

Old 05-01-2016, 05:02 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
Your mom doesn't sound like she is a problem - it's your spineless sister, with her back-talking slob of a son. No man (nor should you) could live with that ill-mannered piggy brat. Since she can't make him behave, or clean up after himself - she should be booted out so only she suffers with her brat.

She should pay you rent on the existing home, after you move to a new one. Otherwise, it's time for her to find another place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships