Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 06:53 AM

308 posts, read 744,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
---- fill in the blanks.....

A nice poll for tomorrow-

No Poll Needed....

What makes some guys decent and others "D!ck$"

How many times does it take for a nice guy to get screwed over before he becomes.... a "D!ck" Answer that one and you will know why some guys are decent and others are.... _________.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 07:17 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
to me, a decent man is humble, never needing to boast about his successes, his conquests..he is adventurous, not afraid to be alone, doesn't date just to get out of the house, and when he walks in a room, he emits a hint of confidence and mystery...He is good with the company he keeps, stands by his personal beliefs and convictions...is not afraid to share his weaknesses....doesn't measure sucess in material wealth...opens the car door for his woman, and extends his hand to help her out....

he possesses interior strength...common sense, and the ability to allow...he is a man who enjoys hearing about the success of others...loves life, travel, history and people...

he sees the good in others, not just their flaws..he hates gossip and marvels in the passions of nature....respects others, is confident enough to simply stand back and observe....he never talks about the good he has done, but lives his life soley by example...his smile is contagious and full of light...and when he makes love, he is gentle and slow...passionate but not clingy...

Old 02-14-2008, 07:40 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Who says men have the monopoly on indecency? I have known women on a professional and personal basis who would have made Atilla the Hun blush in embarrassment.

Decency typically has one common thread. They were raised correctly by their parents.

Selfishness is innate in people from birth. All children begin life thinking that they are the center of the universe. They have to be taught otherwise. That's why kids learn manners and how to treat others. Parents who think that children are too young to absorb these lessons are fooling themselves, and are doing their children a tremendous disservice in life.

So, if nothing else, teach your children two basic adages: "You are not the center of the universe" and "Create as much happiness as you consume."

You will have done your job as a parent.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:58 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Who says men have the monopoly on indecency? I have known women on a professional and personal basis who would have made Atilla the Hun blush in embarrassment.

Decency typically has one common thread. They were raised correctly by their parents.

Selfishness is innate in people from birth. All children begin life thinking that they are the center of the universe. They have to be taught otherwise. That's why kids learn manners and how to treat others. Parents who think that children are too young to absorb these lessons are fooling themselves, and are doing their children a tremendous disservice in life.

So, if nothing else, teach your children two basic adages: "You are not the center of the universe" and "Create as much happiness as you consume."

You will have done your job as a parent.
No one is saying men have a monopoly on indecency...but the poster is a women....hence.....
and yes, there are a lot of women who are indecent....

the rest of your post was right on.....

hugs
Creme

Old 02-15-2008, 09:20 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firekeg View Post
No Poll Needed....

What makes some guys decent and others "D!ck$"

How many times does it take for a nice guy to get screwed over before he becomes.... a "D!ck" Answer that one and you will know why some guys are decent and others are.... _________.
lol- well....I was trying to sound diplomatic.

I dont think nice guys finish last, at least I hope not. What do some guys think????

Old 02-15-2008, 10:41 AM

64 posts, read 255,129 times
The same things that make some women decent and others not...a complicated mix of factors that are nearly impossible to define and apply to the population as a whole.

People born and raised in the same family can be completely different. Nice people can raise jerks and jerks can raise nice people.

Education has no direct effect (this from someone with a graduate degree).

Let's not forget to factor in that what's "decent" to one person is unacceptable to another.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:14 AM

308 posts, read 744,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
lol- well....I was trying to sound diplomatic.

I dont think nice guys finish last, at least I hope not. What do some guys think????

Nice guys do finish last. It's only when we act like we don't care (stop giving the attention) and really making ourselves "unattainable", do we start getting what we should have gotten in the first place.... funny isn't it? Now, here's the dangerous part for you ladies.... when the nice guys starts acting like he doesn't "care"... believe me... there's only a thread left to hold on to because, we (the nice guys) are actually at the point of not caring anymore... now that's hilarious not!!

Old 02-16-2008, 07:57 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Nice guys do finish last. It's only when we act like we don't care (stop giving the attention) and really making ourselves "unattainable", do we start getting what we should have gotten in the first place.... funny isn't it? Now, here's the dangerous part for you ladies.... when the nice guys starts acting like he doesn't "care"... believe me... there's only a thread left to hold on to because, we (the nice guys) are actually at the point of not caring anymore... now that's hilarious not!!
Thats very sad, I thought you sounded more optimistic then that.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:31 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,324,133 times
Quote:
And you think that doesn't happen with women, too? I've known quite a few who were kind, loving, honest, loyal to a fault, pleasant looking, and so on, get ignored over and over because they didn't have the 'social butterfly' sparkle, apparently. Or they become the target of an abuser, because they just don't get the concept.

One of my best friends was like that. She finally swore off men, she said, but one came along who actually had the good sense to appreciate her and wore her down until she finally agreed to marry him. Early on she worked outside the home, then he said it didn't suit her, she wasn't happy and why didn't she stay home and be a homemaker if she wanted. She did, and she's one of the ones who turns domesticity into a fine art. She knows what types and brands of things her family and friends and pets prefer and caters to them. Their house is a home and a welcoming refuge for any who go there. She even knows what brand of birdseed the wild birds they enjoy having around prefer. But she is one of the truly lucky ones, there are many more just like her who get passed over by perfectly nice men who feel rejected because the one thay have an eye on is a sweet, cheerful, happy go lucky twit who wouldn't be able to tell a good man from a jerk if her life depended on it.

Life doesn't come with a guarantee, no one ever said it was fair. All anyone can do is make the best of whatever hand they are dealt, and do it with as much grace and dignity as possible.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:45 PM

20 posts, read 61,995 times
I hate to say it, but its true that nice guys do finish last.

I have tried my hand with countless numbers of girls, and I have struck out time after time. Hours spent conversing with them about subjects I couldn't give any less of a damn about, feigning interest about bands I've never heard of, only to get the cold shoulder weeks after. I get the message quite quickly, and I drop all interest in the person I was chasing after. A couple weeks later, and that girl suddenly takes note and comes back around asking why I'm not paying attention to them!

I'm not asking for pity though, I'm not trying to play on the subject of "woe is me! All women are stupid heads!" I know the game. I just think of it as an easy way to weed out the good women out from the ones not worth my time.

I'd also just like to say that the idea that "All Women are more mature than all men" is a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships