Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 07:24 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaellys View Post
Because I blocked him! Why would I want him knowing about my life? I blocked him so he doesn't know anything about me. He's using a fake name i just know it
He can probably find out about your life anyway, without FB. You can't control other people. And if he's a nice guy, there's nothing to worry about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2016, 07:34 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Well he does seem like he would because I ended it. He's a very curious person. He's a nice person in real life and he hasn't harassed me or anything like that I bet he wants me back really bad and stalks my Facebook!
But you don't actually know and you have no concrete reason to believe it's him. A blank profile doesn't mean a thing and it's something FB searched for you anyway (not him searching you) if it's "People You Know", or I think that's how it works.

Why not just ignore this issue? I can't see losing sleep over it. A blank profile could be anyone or nobody (a bot) and if you're going to feel this worried each time anything odd seems to happen on Facebook that doesn't even involve an approach then you're going to be constantly anxiety-riddled. I'd delete my account if I were this afraid, so consider that as an option. Otherwise just don't worry about it...nothing has actually happened.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:43 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Report it to Facebook, tell them your concerns and that's the end of it.

And you lived happily ever after
Somehow I don't think the OP wants it to end and be "happily ever after" - she seems to be looking for a fight.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:59 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
But you don't actually know and you have no concrete reason to believe it's him. A blank profile doesn't mean a thing and it's something FB searched for you anyway (not him searching you) if it's "People You Know", or I think that's how it works.

Why not just ignore this issue? I can't see losing sleep over it. A blank profile could be anyone or nobody (a bot) and if you're going to feel this worried each time anything odd seems to happen on Facebook that doesn't even involve an approach then you're going to be constantly anxiety-riddled. I'd delete my account if I were this afraid, so consider that as an option. Otherwise just don't worry about it...nothing has actually happened.
It could be an old classmate from HS who decided to look you up and see how you're doing. It could be anything/anyone.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:53 PM

19,721 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Jeez, get a life..

Old 04-30-2016, 10:55 PM

61 posts, read 109,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Jeez, get a life..
Oh wow. How about you get a life instead of telling others how to live heir life. I think it's very rude to waltz into this chat room to tell me I need to live my life a certain way

Old 04-30-2016, 10:58 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Oh wow. How about you get a life instead of telling others how to live heir life. I think it's very rude to waltz into this chat room to tell me I need to live my life a certain way
If you don't like the answers being presented don't ask the question on a public forum.
If you suspect something is illegal then report it to the authorities otherwise block that account and change the settings to be more secure.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:31 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,683 times
What's next? Making it illegal to Google someone? Get over it, make your profile private, get over it, block the profile, and did I mention getting over it? All the real problems in the world and you want to put someone in jail for looking at your social media. Absolutely ridiculous.

Old 05-01-2016, 01:13 AM

404 posts, read 366,871 times
Quote:
Also do people really do this? My friend said some exes will make fake accounts and spy! How common is this?? I'm in shock and think he needs to be in jail Facebook stalking me!!
Wow, so thats your answer that everytime u break up or have a problem with someone is to throw them in jail? Huge red flags, guys should be very wary if they are going to date you. Destroying someones life is never something that should be thrown around lightly.

Old 05-01-2016, 03:08 AM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Aren't you here to ask people what to do?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships