Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 09:19 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times

Advertisements

So, it seems as if everything is there including the chemistry until you kiss. To me this sounds like an intimacy issue on your side or a need to sabotage things. My guess would be that you have a history of not very satisfying relationships or chaotic ones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 09:22 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
So, it seems as if everything is there including the chemistry until you kiss. To me this sounds like an intimacy issue on your side or a need to sabotage things. My guess would be that you have a history of not very satisfying relationships or chaotic ones
Where do you get this? Sometimes it just isn't there. You can easily hit it off with someone and then try to connect physically and it just isn't there. That's not extremely uncommon. It just stinks when it happens.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:11 AM

914 posts, read 737,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Woah! Everyone calm down. He is not a bad kisser, at all.
I said he kissed me and I felt nothing. Where on earth is "bad kisser" in that statement?

Dang, Americans really can't read properly. Wow.
1. I'm not American.
2. I personally didn't say "bad kisser" but "bad kiss" - and that's two different things. I can have a "bad kiss" with somebody who is a good kisser, e.g. when there is just no chemistry. Think that's what some of the other posters were writing about as well.
3. Even though I'm not American, I find your "Americans really can't read properly" comment quite offensive. Don't think anyone was unfriendly to you, why do you have to be? Also, when people don't understand what you wrote ... maybe it's not about reading abilities but more about explaining abilities? Just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Eh, I never found that works. Ever. You might be able to make them a passable kisser, but if there isn't passion and chemistry, then there isn't much hope for great intimacy and sex, and even less hope for falling madly in love. It has to be there. I've tried to look past tepid kissing several times because the other person is hot, or super cool, or whatever and its always failed. There needs to be a spark of sometype.
That's been my experience as well.

Last edited by Summer_Rain; 05-02-2016 at 11:14 AM..

Old 05-02-2016, 10:22 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Woah! Everyone calm down. He is not a bad kisser, at all.
I said he kissed me and I felt nothing. Where on earth is "bad kisser" in that statement?

Dang, Americans really can't read properly. Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
1. I'm not American.
2. I personally didn't say "bad kisser" but "bad kiss" - and that's two different things. I can have a "bad kiss" with somebody who is a good kisser, e.g. when there is just no chemistry. Think that's what some of the other posters were writing about as well.
3. Even though I'm not American, I find your "Americans really can't read properly" comment quite offensive. Don't think anyone was unfriendly to you, why do you have to be? Also, when people don't understand what you wrote ... maybe it's not about reading abilities but more about explaining abilities? Just a thougtht

That's been my experience as well.
OP I agree with summer 10000000% on this

The way you written the OP it very much come across as he was a bad kisser and not you had no feeling

I'm also not American so I must be pretty stupid as well for not deciphering your post also

Old 05-02-2016, 11:37 AM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
This is one of many reasons why I wouldn't want to be single, always "auditioning" for the part, being judged and having expectations. I think that the OP has probably been watching too many Romantic Comedies.

Old 05-02-2016, 11:41 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
You can teach him to be a better kisser you know. You're single because you're judgmental.

Old 05-02-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
You can teach him to be a better kisser you know. You're single because you're judgmental.
He's not a bad kisser!!!...... Can't you read properly?!! You dang Americans!.......

LMAO!

Old 05-02-2016, 12:35 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
He's not a bad kisser!!!...... Can't you read properly?!! You dang Americans!.......

LMAO!
Now THATS funny!

As an illiterate American I would say stop dating your brother.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Now THATS funny!

As an illiterate American I would say stop dating your brother.
Sorry can't read properly mate so can't answer!!!

Old 05-02-2016, 02:31 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Lol the conclusions. Interesting. My apologies for the offensive "Americans can't read" comment.

Also, we did have a connection. Just no physical one.

Finally. I don't watch tv or movies and romantic comedies are boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships