Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 12:15 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
This makes me think of the... does size matter question. If a guy asks you that, you're probably going to say nope, size doesn't matter.

So, I'm going to go with makeup doesn't matter.
" it's not the size of the ship that matters it's the way it sails that does " ( well that's way I tell myself anyways....ahem )

In other words it's not the amount of make up that the problem it's the way that it's applied

Old 05-08-2016, 12:18 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
" it's not the size of the ship that matters it's the way it sails that does " ( well that's way I tell myself anyways....ahem )

In other words it's not the amount of make up that the problem it's the way that it's applied
Lol! True. I've seen women who apply makeup like they're a circus clown! In that case, it's a legitimate no makeup please.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:36 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
OP, there have been opinions on this forum raging in both directions; some men say most women are ugly without makeup, period. Others prefer make-up free. Still others rage about the cliché fake face painted on.

Do what you're most comfortable with. You can't win this one no matter what you do.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Lol! True. I've seen women who apply makeup like they're a circus clown! In that case, it's a legitimate no makeup please.
Lol true??? What have you heard?, who told you?, what's been said!!!! ... Oh you were talking about the make up!!! !!!! lmao

Yeah fashion can be a killer LOL but I'm sure they could pick holes in us blokes with our appearance so I'd refrain from mentioning it!

Old 05-08-2016, 01:02 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
This makes me think of the... does size matter question. If a guy asks you that, you're probably going to say nope, size doesn't matter.

So, I'm going to go with makeup doesn't matter.
I wouldn't lie. I'd just say something like.... Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies.

Old 05-08-2016, 01:12 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Lol true??? What have you heard?, who told you?, what's been said!!!! ... Oh you were talking about the make up!!! !!!! lmao

Yeah fashion can be a killer LOL but I'm sure they could pick holes in us blokes with our appearance so I'd refrain from mentioning it!
I'm with ya! No way would I mention to a woman that she looks like a circus clown. Especially if she looks like Mimi from the Drew Carey show!

Old 05-08-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
I'm with ya! No way would I mention to a woman that she looks like a circus clown. Especially if she looks like Mimi from the Drew Carey show!
yup!

Old 05-08-2016, 01:15 PM

243 posts, read 230,306 times
With makeup the general rule is that less is more.

Old 05-08-2016, 02:44 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,393 times
So many of the guys here still aren't getting it: You like a natural look, not necessarily makeup-free. Stop saying you don't like it when a woman wears makeup. Because you do. You just don't like to be able to tell that she's wearing makeup. You know how much makeup it takes sometimes to get that natural look?

I have a very natural look - I just like to balance out my skin tone and emphasize my eyes, which are my best feature. You know what makeup it takes to get my natural look?:

I start with moisturizer with SPF 30 (helps keeps wrinkles away!)
Foundation primer
Foundation (I fortunately only have to use a very sheer coverage liquid, but some women use compact or cream which is much heavier)
Sometimes some concealer dabbed on red spots or undereye circles
Transluscient powder
Blush
Eyeshadow (sometimes two shades for contouring, but again, very natural looking)
Eyeliner (I use pencil or gel because those are more natural looking than liquid)
Mascara
Eye brow gel
Lipstick

And yet, a lot of men (and some women) seem to think I'm not wearing makeup (except lipstick, because I think that's most obvious). I know very few women in the professional world that don't have daily makeup routines like this. Dudes seriously have no idea what they're talking about. And this routine is MINIMAL compared to what a lot of women wear - many are into contouring, which is an insane amount of work.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:05 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
^^^^^^ I don't even know why we bother to comment on threads like this. The truth of the matter is that NO MATTER what we do... Someone or another is going to find fault with us.
Make up, hair dry, what we wear...it's not fair that we don't have to approach, and we're desperate or acting masculine if we do. Sometimes we just can't win for losing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships