Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 09:57 PM

403 posts, read 364,039 times

Advertisements

Oooohhhh got it!!!! Thanks LC, i havr always wondered lol !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 09:58 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasiscakes View Post
Oooohhhh got it!!!! Thanks LC, i havr always wondered lol !
Most welcome enjoy and behave yourself..... LOL

Old 05-10-2016, 06:47 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwilliams View Post
I've only done it with 3 girls

I think they do it more as a joke because thye dont look the greatest and there just playng around maybe?
Yeah, that's what I gathered on your original post. They were just playing around and they didn't look good at the time.

In my eyes, those would be keepers.

If you can find someone that can make light of bad situations then they would be keepers.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:31 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yeah but they are much better and meaningful when they come out of the blue or a spur of the moment from someone and not when they ask you to tell them they are pretty for example LOL.
I totally agree. I cannot imagine ever saying "Tell me I'm pretty." If someone wants to tell me that, they won't require that kind of bizarre and rather desperate prompting.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:51 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
I think we are missing the humor in her statement.

Imagine if I put a piece if black tape on my front tooth and I posted a picture and said, "Tell me I have a nice smile."

That's what was being said.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:55 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
It is not at all unusual for women to want others to notice their changes,
even if they are so slight, to them it may be something major.
Women ask/expect other women ,"How do you like my; nails, or dress, or hairstyle , they are forever comparing notes with one another .
Men on the other hand rarely ask one another how they look .
If you want to look stupid that's on you.
Since guys generally don't have that kind of communication thirst, it's unusual for them to compliment on details unless they have been trained .
Funny thing is with some women though if a man gives an unsolicited compliment to them, they think there is some string attached in acknowledging a mans admiration, and that is not necessarily so.
Some seem to believe that every man is a pervert, and there is nothing you can say/do to fix it.
After a while passing out compliments is not worth the aggravation of a woman's wrath.
So let her ask for it .
Deal with it.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:58 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasiscakes View Post
Who the f posts and says tell me im pretty ?? lol..
Someone needy, clingy and desperately seeking attention usually.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:02 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I think we are missing the humor in her statement.

Imagine if I put a piece if black tape on my front tooth and I posted a picture and said, "Tell me I have a nice smile."

That's what was being said.

That is what we hope.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:06 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It is not at all unusual for women to want others to notice their changes,
even if they are so slight, to them it may be something major.
Women ask/expect other women ,"How do you like my; nails, or dress, or hairstyle , they are forever comparing notes with one another .
Men on the other hand rarely ask one another how they look .
If you want to look stupid that's on you.
Since guys generally don't have that kind of communication thirst, it's unusual for them to compliment on details unless they have been trained .

Men do expect such information from each other, but in a different way. To run this behavior all the way back to the Stone Age, it's not unusual for a man to expect his hunting comrade to tell him that his gear is unbuckled before they set out on a hunt (either for game or for mates).

Quote:
Funny thing is with some women though if a man gives an unsolicited compliment to them, they think there is some string attached in acknowledging a mans admiration, and that is not necessarily so.
Some seem to believe that every man is a pervert, and there is nothing you can say/do to fix it.
After a while passing out compliments is not worth the aggravation of a woman's wrath.
So let her ask for it .
Deal with it.

The trick there is to compliment the woman's choices, not her attributes.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:56 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwilliams View Post
From my experience I have seen where girls won't be looking that great but will send you a picture or post something on facebook saying "Tell me I'm pretty"

Today a girl I have been talking to was getting her hair done and it was all messy and such and she sent a picture saying "tell me i'm pretty". I responded with "you're pretty"

I'm just curious but does that come off as kind of dorky or way too cheesy of me?

I've done it before with a couple of other girls and they just went "aww" or "so sweet"

Does it come off as sweet or dorky?

they like it, but it ruins it for them if you say it immediately before or after you throw up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships