Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 12:00 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,701 times

Advertisements

A: They think you are attainable.
And
B. Some 40ish women think almost all 20ish men are cute because all they process is the youthful looking skin. Women your own age judge you on other factors.

Eta: any site will computerized age estimates is useless

Last edited by Robert5; 05-20-2016 at 12:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 04:09 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
A: They think you are attainable.
And
B. Some 40ish women think almost all 20ish men are cute because all they process is the youthful looking skin. Women your own age judge you on other factors.

Eta: any site will computerized age estimates is useless
No, it's not just the skin. It's the overall virility, the enthusiasm, not being jaded yet, good/firm/muscular body, lack of baggage (usually), assumed lack of issues such as ED (i.e.: he's ready to go, and then probably ready to go again) and lots of other things.

With that said, no, I'm not a cougar, LOL. I definitely wouldn't sleep with a guy in his 20s! But I can see the attraction and it's for sure not just his skin.

As far as older women being more likely to approach and younger women less so, I agree with that, overall.

Old 05-20-2016, 04:34 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No, it's not just the skin. It's the overall virility, the enthusiasm, not being jaded yet, good/firm/muscular body, lack of baggage (usually), assumed lack of issues such as ED (i.e.: he's ready to go, and then probably ready to go again) and lots of other things.

With that said, no, I'm not a cougar, LOL
Neither am I. I exceeded the usual parameters so much that I can't use that title.
A title, I really hate, BTW.

But the rest of what you said is right on!

Old 05-20-2016, 05:22 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,085,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar21 View Post
I'm a 21 year old guy who pretty much still gets hit on by older women but not as much as I did when I was 16, at 16 this older woman age 40+ actually invited me to her house one time and I said rejected that offer since I didn't know her and she was a stranger, I have never ever been hit on by women my age, is there a reason for this? Nowadays it's this teacher who I had for a math class who stares at me and smiles at me a lot, I don't know if she's flirting or something, At 18 I had an older women who came up to me asking me for my number but I told her I preferred girls my age and politely rejected her offer, so I had a few encounters with older women but I prefer to have them when I reach their age, I can tell girls my age are getting hit on by older guys just as much as younger dudes like me get hit on by older women, so I guess it isn't a problem but its strange that as I get older, the less and less of them approach you, I guess they admire you more at a way younger age even under +18.
Don't stand there like an idiot, cougar up!

Seriously, what do you want with an inexperienced "Fertile Myrtle" your own age, when you are actually being approached by experienced cougars who likely have the birth control thing completely wired.

Just sayin'.

Old 05-20-2016, 05:52 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar21 View Post
I'm a 21 year old guy who pretty much still gets hit on by older women but not as much as I did when I was 16, at 16 this older woman age 40+ actually invited me to her house one time and I said rejected that offer since I didn't know her and she was a stranger, I have never ever been hit on by women my age, is there a reason for this? Nowadays it's this teacher who I had for a math class who stares at me and smiles at me a lot, I don't know if she's flirting or something, At 18 I had an older women who came up to me asking me for my number but I told her I preferred girls my age and politely rejected her offer, so I had a few encounters with older women but I prefer to have them when I reach their age, I can tell girls my age are getting hit on by older guys just as much as younger dudes like me get hit on by older women, so I guess it isn't a problem but its strange that as I get older, the less and less of them approach you, I guess they admire you more at a way younger age even under +18.

Nothing wrong with dating older women. They don't play games, they speak their minds and shoot it straight. I only dated a couple girls younger than me my whole life. My lady now is only three years older, but she was in the World before me, and had a kid by the time I was out of school.
Older women rock. From my front porch, anyway.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Nothing wrong with dating older women. They don't play games, they speak their minds and shoot it straight. I only dated a couple girls younger than me my whole life. My lady now is only three years older, but she was in the World before me, and had a kid by the time I was out of school.
Older women rock. From my front porch, anyway.
Why does everybody believe this about "older" (that usually means 40 and above) women?

Like we're all cowboys or something?

(40-something woman approaches man) "Pardner, I don't got much tahhhhm. So I'll shoot 'er to ya straight." (spits) "Git up on this-here saddle iffen you want to, I'll even put down the silver for yer beer. You in or you out? Ah said HURRY, son! We ain't gittin' no younger standin' here makin' sweet talk! P.s., mah ovaries is expired."

Old 05-20-2016, 06:19 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,085,908 times
Quote:
Why does everybody believe this about "older" (that usually means 40 and above) women?

(40-something woman approaches man) "Pardner, I don't got much tahhhhm. So I'll shoot 'er to ya straight." (spits) "Git up on this-here saddle iffen you want to, I'll even put down the silver for yer beer. You in or you out? Ah said HURRY, son!"
Well, in fact, in my limited experience when I was in my 20's, 20-something ladies still thought they might find "prince charming", most were husband hunting, most wanted kids.

In contrast, the 35-45 year old cohort was up for just having some fun, took me at face value as a 20-something guy, in good athletic shape, intelligent, etc. And they wanted to hit the sack for fun, with no particular baggage about "babies" or "forever".

And it was not just about sex. Did all sorts of things on dates. One gal in Colorado was actually almost as much into recreational shooting as I was/am.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:18 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:

(40-something woman approaches man) "Pardner, I don't got much tahhhhm. So I'll shoot 'er to ya straight." (spits) "Git up on this-here saddle iffen you want to, I'll even put down the silver for yer beer. You in or you out? Ah said HURRY, son! We ain't gittin' no younger standin' here makin' sweet talk! P.s., mah ovaries is expired."

Well now, then let me phrase it in less...colloquial.. terms, and ease your angst as to the Western phraseology I chose. I did not intend to construe that dating an older woman (in my case that meant 10+ years my senior when I was in my earlier 20s) e compared to a scene from Rooster Cogburn. Yet, alas, my prose doth sometimes take on my actual, everyday, speech. A somewhat Mark Twain style, so to speak. I certainly meant no affrontery, and ,much the opposite,wished to clarify a certain respect.

So, takeen in that context, perhaps you can indulge my words as originally framed, for their actual intent, and disregard m,y own accent on them.. . Yours, BTW, has a bit to much Texas in it. We don't have near the drawl up here in the Basin they do further South.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:39 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
I have had "interest" from a couple younger guys. Younger guys tend to approach more than guys my age, which older guys might want to test out. BUT, I don't think younger guys want the kind of relationship I would want. They seem to want to be entertained only until someone their own age comes along.

This will be a stereotype, but I only have experience with men (so the same may hold true about women from a man's perpective). The younger guys want someone (an older woman) who knows what she wants, doesn't want kids, who doesn't play mind games, etc., etc. But what I have found is that the guys who want that end up being the ones who play mind games and other games. The women I know, don't want a temporary relationship or to be entertained. We want a solid, long-term relationship. We want something with meaning in a world where there doesn't seem to be much anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships