Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 12:53 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times

Advertisements

On Match if it matters.

If a woman does an unsolicited view of a man's profile, but she does not contact (message, like, wink, favorite, buzz, ping, poke, flirt, etc....) the man in any way.... which is more likely?

1. She has screened you and is not interested, thus it would be a waste of time to contact her.

2. Most desirable women just don't initiate contact on OLD, so the fact that she did not contact the man is not a negative. The fact that she bothered to make an unsolicited view of a man's profile actually means she is more likely to respond favorably to a message from the man.

3. It is too complicated to think about, don't even bother looking at who views your profile, you will just get a brain hernia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 12:54 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
3. It is too complicated to think about, don't even bother looking at who views your profile, you will just get a brain hernia.
This

Old 05-20-2016, 12:59 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
I would vote #1, definitely not #2.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:09 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
On Match if it matters.

If a woman does an unsolicited view of a man's profile, but she does not contact (message, like, wink, favorite, buzz, ping, poke, flirt, etc....) the man in any way.... which is more likely?

1. She has screened you and is not interested, thus it would be a waste of time to contact her.

2. Most desirable women just don't initiate contact on OLD, so the fact that she did not contact the man is not a negative. The fact that she bothered to make an unsolicited view of a man's profile actually means she is more likely to respond favorably to a message from the man.

Educated guess would be number 1 mate

However If you liked their profile I'm sure there's nothing wrong with you testing the waters and sending a message mate if you liked her of course

Last edited by Londoncowboy30; 05-20-2016 at 01:23 PM..

Old 05-20-2016, 01:22 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
omg, definitely number three.

What is the point of trying to second guess the motives of a perfect stranger? Maybe she clicked on one pic, ran to the bathroom before it loaded, wandered into the kitchen, then shut down the computer without even looking at you. Maybe your pics are not great but since she looked and moved on you put up a better one that would catch her eye. Maybe her cat walked on the keyboard. Maybe your profile didn't impress her but you've since added that you've started enjoying sumo wrestling on Saturday nights and that is JUST THE THING she was looking for in a man. Maybe she looked the week she had food poisoning and she was to delirious to follow up.

You'll never know unless you try. It costs you very little to contact a woman whose profile is of interest to you, regardless of whether or not she ever looked at yours. Stop. over. thinking.

I don't care who has looked at my profile. Never even look at that stat.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:31 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
If Match is like POF, then as far as 'views' go, this is my experience--

I do a search for everyone in my criteria:
Age, location, etc., etc,
POF gives me say 50 profile pics of those who fall into that category.
Of the 50 profile pics I will view the profiles only of whomever has a face i am attracted to, so that I can read more about them.

If Match is like POF, she may have liked your face enough to read your profile?

This is how I end up with having a man see that I viewed his profile.
When I receive a message from one who's face I liked it works just fine!
If I've viewed a guys profile because I like his face and then find out his likes and views don't match mine, but he contacts me, I'm at least willing to answer his message and get to know him a little, since I liked his face
Hope that helps, and good luck to you!

Last edited by RbccL; 05-20-2016 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: wring name

Old 05-20-2016, 01:45 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
If Match is like POF, then as far as 'views' go, this is my experience--

I do a search for everyone in my criteria:
Age, location, etc., etc,
POF gives me say 50 profile pics of those who fall into that category.
Of the 50 profile pics I will view the profiles only of whomever has a face i am attracted to, so that I can read more about them.

If Match is like POF, she may have liked your face enough to read your profile?

This is how I end up with having a man see that I viewed his profile.
When I receive a message from one who's face I liked it works just fine!
If I've viewed a guys profile because I like his face and then find out his likes and views don't match mine, but he contacts me, I'm at least willing to answer his message and get to know him a little, since I liked his face
Hope that helps, and good luck to you!
Please verify I am reading this properly... you view men's profiles without any intent of contacting them? Or did you leave out a part about you in some way contacting the profiles you liked?

Old 05-20-2016, 02:01 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
In my experience, it was typically #1.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:10 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Please verify I am reading this properly... you view men's profiles without any intent of contacting them? Or did you leave out a part about you in some way contacting the profiles you liked?
I hate to enforce the stigma that is OLD...but no, I do not usually have to initiate the messaging. With the 'method' I use--I'll get good enough results so that I can be communicating with someone at any given time. This probably confirms: men outnumber women by far on OLD.

Maybe it's become this way to make up for all of those years women sat patiently waiting by the window for a gentleman caller to come by

As far as I'm concerned the answer is: You're there anyway, contact whoever you want, the more you do the better your odds

Old 05-20-2016, 03:39 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
#2 is totally possible since she may seem desirable but simply hesitant about a female making first contact.
If she knows the system, she'll know that you know she looked you over and hopes you check her out.
Even if it's one, what do you have to lose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships