Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 06:40 AM

16 posts, read 19,805 times

Advertisements

I am just curious. If a married man is not happy with his marriage and wants a way out, will he try to get a divorce first and then try to date openly or will he try to find a new girlfriend/wife first, and then divorce? There are children ten and older involved, and possibly financial complications like child support and alimony and such.

Second question. If he thinks that he found a new compatible girlfriend/wife, will he be more likely to wait until his children are all 18 and older or try to divorce sooner? What is the more likely scenario? I am not dating anyone married. Again, I am just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 06:47 AM

953 posts, read 843,237 times
Did you ask him which way he is leaning? If he is presently unhappy, he has probably given alternate scenarios a good bit of thought.

Old 05-21-2016, 06:49 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeeug View Post
I am just curious. If a married man is not happy with his marriage and wants a way out, will he try to get a divorce first and then try to date openly or will he try to find a new girlfriend/wife first, and then divorce? There are children ten and older involved, and possibly financial complications like child support and alimony and such.

Second question. If he thinks that he found a new compatible girlfriend/wife, will he be more likely to wait until his children are all 18 and older or try to divorce sooner? What is the more likely scenario? I am not dating anyone married. Again, I am just curious.
The short answer is: some will others won't.
There is no written in stone action anyone will take.

Old 05-21-2016, 06:55 AM

953 posts, read 843,237 times
Keep in mind that a married man looking for something on the side (or a way out of his marriage) will unashamedly lie to someone's face. Pretend you are in the stands at a Nascar event ... look ahead at the yellow caution flag because it's blowing in the breeze.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:02 AM

2,157 posts, read 1,444,467 times
Quote:

Depends on the guy. Many men will be passively unhappy, and remain right where they are, never doing much to help the situation, or change the situation. Other men will shake things up by either escalating the problems until divorce gets on the table, or just covertly find other women while married.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:13 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
No hard and fast rule.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:29 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:

Different men make different decisions .

Me personally I wouldn't at ALL try and find someone new even if I knew that divorce was imminent as its still hugely disrespectful to her.

If kids were involved I would still end it and wouldn't wait until they were old enough. In my opinion it's wrong to do so as the kids would be brought up in a bad environment with the parents arguing, fighting etc.

I know that the financial situation is key but If there is absolutely no chance of a reconcile between the couple then it's better allround to split up

Old 05-21-2016, 10:38 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,257,773 times
If they treat their current wife this way, cheating before divorce, they will treat you that way as well. Just something to keep in mind.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:08 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,012,365 times
For your curiosity from my own experience

Quote:

1. what my ex did behave in way I will be more irritated, fill me with negativity, point out as I am ugly. Try to make me feel guilty.

2.Yes not only will try may be make that woman pregnant too and wait till that woman appears at door step.
3.My ex just walk away from child support. And can act as those children never exist.

Quote:
1. Never as soon as he found the one he think correct or miss right or left he will do all the ugly things to his present wife till that woman go and file the divorce.

More likely scenarios can be different to each every person. What ever the scenario is ugly can end with ugly memories, betrayal, accusations never nice and never will be.

For you my advice
If you dating a married man stop it from there find some one who is not married. Don't be a part of a ugly scenario.
If you are married and dating a bunny just be honest with your self. Give a try to fix your marriage instead of dating bunnies.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:38 AM

16 posts, read 19,805 times
I am not dating anybody at this time. I also do not know if this man is married or divorced. He is not wearing a ring when I see him at work, but other facts indicate that he is married. All I know is that he likes me as a woman since he told me more than once. I also feel that he does not consider me as just a possible sexual adventure, though I do not know for sure. He asks and knows a lot about my life, once told me that he cares about me. I am more shy about asking personal questions. I feel that it is important to him that I am financially stable, unattached, and have no exes hanging around. This all is frustrating because I like him too, more than I ever liked anybody. But I do not want to be used and heart broken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships