Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 07:25 PM

454 posts, read 311,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
So, my GF told me last weekend that she is unhappy in the relationship (due to my ED issues) and has no interest in attempting sex with me anymore. Then we talked about a possible breakup and then said we will think about it for a day or two as it was a big decision. Then we reconvened and she said she just can't imagine life without me and is afraid she is making a rash decision and we should stay together. I wasn't sure but I told myself I will think it through as well. I think deep down neither of us was prepared to handle separating as our lives are so meshed together right now and going our own way seems like a scary thought even though it sounds like a logical choice.

Now, she has suddenly done a 180 and is always interested in sex and is saying we should keep trying etc. etc. However, I think any little physical interest I had has now become zero because of her absolute rejection of me, saying that she has zero interest as well.

How should I handle this situation?
Are you ED issues mental or physical or a combination of the two? Are they related to your relationship or are they more based in a physical ailment. Just wondering if they are fixable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 07:30 PM

454 posts, read 311,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
she is, but says she can't wait much longer and throughout the relationship she has expressed a lot of disappointment and frustration due to my issues which exacerbates my situation since I have anxiety related ED in the first place. Now she says she has always been supportive which I find to be a joke... everytime we try to be intimate she is very vocal about how it sucks without providing any feedback on how it can be improved. Everything is viewed with pessimism and negativity instead of positivity, optimism and encouragement - the way it should be if you are really love and care about someone and want to improve things.

As I said she has been diagnosed as borderline and has no coping skills with stress whatsoever.
It sounds like theoretically the ED situation could improve but she'd have to make some changes in her behavior. Why not decide to NOT have sex for a month and just let that not be something to worry about for a month and just work on the other aspects of your relationship. Tell her you need to be relaxed and chill when intimate. If she is all negative and or stressed out, that hurts the situation. If she can't make the requisite changes you'll need to go ahead and break things off.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:44 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOU812 View Post
Why not decide to NOT have sex for a month and just let that not be something to worry about for a month ...
IIRC, I don't think the OP has EVER been able to have intercourse.

She is not the kind of sensitive, responsive, caring partner he needs to progress through this situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships