Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 12:21 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,544,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goochgirl View Post
Thank u for all of your nice comments. I seen your pics of london. Wish I could of spent my 30th bday there. It's gorgeous
Yeah Londons a great place full of charm and character that certainly knows how to make a lady feel special
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 03:29 AM

641 posts, read 406,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goochgirl View Post
Thank you I just feel like what did I do to deserve feeling like I don't matter to anyone. Who sits home and feels like this on their 30th bday. I never even ate dinner. How pathetic I am
I recently spent my 30th alone as well but there's always another birthday next year you can enjoy and make up for it.

You seem really nice and deserve better. Sorry for your loss, but it will get better.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:42 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,016,549 times
Sorry for your loss

I know the feeling. you have us girl. Be strong try not to expect anything that give you relief. Bug hug!

Old 05-22-2016, 06:02 AM

3,445 posts, read 2,826,076 times
Don't you feel you deserve better in life? Not necessarily the boyfriend not doing anything for your birthday, but his calling you names. It's not going to get better and will only get worse. This is your wake up call to get out before you wake up in 15 years and realize that you are still stuck in an unhappy relationship. I am sorry that you are so hurt.

Old 05-22-2016, 06:38 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,806,714 times
I am sorry about everything and that you had such a bad birthday...the good thing is you're still really young and the 30's are a great decade. The boyfriend is a loser I'd get rid of him tomorrow. Your account says ohio if you live in one of the rural areas where's there's hardly any guys to choose from I would not let that hold you back. It sounds like you're staying with someone just to stay with them, and are not really happy. He is taking advantage of that. Move to one of the populated areas in Ohio that is doing well and at your age you'll have more guys to choose from then you know what to do with.

Old 05-22-2016, 06:44 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,316,475 times
Your boyfriend is an ass and you should dump him. You deserve better.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:50 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,695,084 times
My 30th was pretty awful. I think it was below zero and my car doors froze shut while I was in the car. I was in school with people who averaged 6-7 years younger than me and didn't want them to know I was turning 30 because they thought people who were 30 without marriage/family were losers. So yeah, lots of people have bad 30th birthdays.

Guess what? 30 is still young! Your boyfriend sounds like a loser, but you are not! You can find a guy who treats you right and still make your 30s a great decade. Use your birthday as a wakeup call to find a new man (or be happily single) and make some positive changes in your life.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:53 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,246,440 times
You have kids. Its your job to make your kids birthdays as nice as you can. To give them a "me" day.

Once your an adult, celebrating birthdays is up to you. If you have a SO who remembers and gets you a card and dinner, great. If not, thats fine too. Its not a world event, it really isnt. You now have a family, its up to YOU to decide how you will treat this day. If you want to whine and moan and be miserable, fine. Or you can have a major attitude adjustment, wake up in the morning, and say "its my birthday! yippee! Im going to plan a great day for myself." And then arrange your day just for you, go out to dinner, take the kids somewhere fun.

ITS UP TO YOU.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:57 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,806,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
You have kids. Its your job to make your kids birthdays as nice as you can. To give them a "me" day.

Once your an adult, celebrating birthdays is up to you. If you have a SO who remembers and gets you a card and dinner, great. If not, thats fine too. Its not a world event, it really isnt. You now have a family, its up to YOU to decide how you will treat this day. If you want to whine and moan and be miserable, fine. Or you can have a major attitude adjustment, wake up in the morning, and say "its my birthday! yippee! Im going to plan a great day for myself." And then arrange your day just for you, go out to dinner, take the kids somewhere fun.

ITS UP TO YOU.
Well it was her 30th, that's kind of big for a woman or anyone really. It's considered the transition into a whole different stage of life. The boyfriend being an ass doesn't help things any.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:14 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,316,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
My 30th was pretty awful. I think it was below zero and my car doors froze shut while I was in the car. I was in school with people who averaged 6-7 years younger than me and didn't want them to know I was turning 30 because they thought people who were 30 without marriage/family were losers. So yeah, lots of people have bad 30th birthdays.

Guess what? 30 is still young! Your boyfriend sounds like a loser, but you are not! You can find a guy who treats you right and still make your 30s a great decade. Use your birthday as a wakeup call to find a new man (or be happily single) and make some positive changes in your life.
6-7 years isn't even that big of an age difference though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships