Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 09:32 AM

5 posts, read 3,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andie1969 View Post
And I got another one today, exactly a week later. Just asking me if I'm getting in some pool time. I replied not yet, and he hasn't texted back after that.

Yes I KNOW I should block his number/not reply, but there is still part of me that thinks we will get back together. Ugh!
Clear as day- if you're interested, the door is open! Congratulations, if you are indeed interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 04:32 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
If you never took the bait you don't know what the guy really wanted(although it sounds like you too it a few times). I agree a lot of the time the guy may just want another roll in the hay, but sometimes if you were actually fun to be around they may just want to be friends and they just needed some time away.
Sure, but this isn't just about what he wants. The OP said she made it clear she does not want to be friends (or I guess just friends). He's disrespecting her wishes and her replies are telling him, "That's okay. It's still all about what you want. Things can still he unequal and I'm okay with that. Haven't I always been? Jump randomly back in and out at will."

Not the way I'd be going, personally. N to the ope.

Let him find his own friends.

Old 05-30-2016, 04:52 PM

833 posts, read 657,867 times
OP the dude is faking with your mind. Don't let him. He broke off he needs to find another source for comfort. Don't reply and block him if you still feel unsure.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:24 PM

284 posts, read 234,734 times
So here's the latest for anyone following my saga! Hadn't heard from him in over a week, then last night around 7:30 I got, "I do miss hanging out on the patio with you". Note, not that he misses ME, but misses hanging out. We spent several evenings a week last summer on his screened in patio drinking wine and talking, now that the weather is nice again I have a feeling sitting out there alone kinda sucks. Again, I sent a short reply but again, nothing back from him. If there is a next time, I'm going to be very blunt and ask him what his intentions are, because this is screwing with my head! I should have last night, but it really caught me off guard and before I knew it, I had replied.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:28 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times
Quote:
So here's the latest for anyone following my saga! Hadn't heard from him in over a week, then last night around 7:30 I got, "I do miss hanging out on the patio with you". Note, not that he misses ME, but misses hanging out. We spent several evenings a week last summer on his screened in patio drinking wine and talking, now that the weather is nice again I have a feeling sitting out there alone kinda sucks. Again, I sent a short reply but again, nothing back from him. If there is a next time, I'm going to be very blunt and ask him what his intentions are, because this is screwing with my head! I should have last night, but it really caught me off guard and before I knew it, I had replied.
His texts seem right in line with his overall non-committal attitude. He'll probably continue to text here and there as long as you reply. It'll help him feel less alone without him actually having to make any effort.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:07 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Or you could just simply ignore the dude.

You know there are no chances of anything serious or anything changing, yet you doing the same thing as if expecting a different outcome. You know nothing good can come of this. Cut your losses and move on.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:07 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Honey...why are you replying?

DON'T tell him you need to know what his intentions are and whether he's messing with your head, or you're giving him exactly what he needs: the assurance that he still affects you to a pretty damned remarkable extent.

Let him get his own assurances, and let them be based on treating some girl with respect, or else finding a completely insecure woman who hangs onto his every word...but the first won't be you, and the second SHOULD NEVER be you.

Don't answer this guy!

Old 06-07-2016, 10:09 PM

302 posts, read 230,662 times
Block the number so you are not tempted.

Old 06-08-2016, 03:12 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Yes I KNOW I should block his number/not reply, but there is still part of me that thinks we will get back together. Ugh!
If you still have hopes of this and are kind of wondering if he is just testing the water to see if it's a possibility but refuse to just be a friend, I would consider asking him outright... is he is doing that or just trying to stay friendly.
People do get back together sometimes after a separation and realizing it was a mistake.
But,If he's just a little lonely and just wants to be friends, tell him one more time that you won't take that role, you don't want to hear from him at all and let him know you will no longer be replying and that you are blocking his number to insure it.

Old 06-08-2016, 03:15 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
Excuse the bluntness here, but for God's sake, just stop replying.

Dude is playing mind games and apparently winning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships