Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 05:20 AM

47 posts, read 228,510 times

Advertisements

I need advice.

I'm 33 and I have a huge crush on my 52 year old co-worker. I've never felt about anyone like this. She looks amazing for her age, looks like she's 42, not 52. To me the age difference is not an issue at all but I am afraid that if I tell her I have feelings for her, she will find it strange a much younger guy wants to ask her out and could ruin our work relationship and friendship.

I've always been into older women instead of women close to my age but the co-worker I have a crush on is so special.

Tell her I have had feelings for her for a long time or possibly ruin our friendship and make things awkward at work. This is killing my soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 05:39 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,184,870 times
Regardless of the age difference, there's always a chance to turn a relationship/friendship into an awkward one by letting them know you're interested.
You have to decide if you are willing to take that chance first.

Or, if the two of you have ordinary conversations about things in general, you could ask her opinion on that type of relationship in a round-about way .

Old 05-01-2016, 05:45 AM

953 posts, read 842,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer24 View Post
I need advice.

I'm 33 and I have a huge crush on my 52 year old co-worker. I've never felt about anyone like this. She looks amazing for her age, looks like she's 42, not 52. To me the age difference is not an issue at all but I am afraid that if I tell her I have feelings for her, she will find it strange a much younger guy wants to ask her out and could ruin our work relationship and friendship.

I've always been into older women instead of women close to my age but the co-worker I have a crush on is so special.

Tell her I have had feelings for her for a long time or possibly ruin our friendship and make things awkward at work. This is killing my soul.
Looking great for her age is one thing, but do not allow yourself to become too starry-eyed over that aspect alone. The possibility of rejection is always there and it always hurts, notwithstanding the ages of the people involved. Since you feel the way you do, have an honest conversation with her. You never know ... she may be flattered beyond belief and be receptive to seeing where a relationship might go.

On a more realistic note, a nineteen year difference in your ages is very significant and you should not convince yourself otherwise. Also, the impact will be felt much more as time goes on. Good luck.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:34 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
You don't.

/thread

Old 05-01-2016, 07:18 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,443,479 times
Quote:
I need advice.

You'll get over it. Crushes are crushes.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:21 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,012 times
What does age have to do with telling your coworker you like her?...if you want to have a relationship with her, tell her...acting immature, indecisive and waiting for strangers on the Internet to spoon-fed you advice on how to proceed isn't making you look mature enough to talk to a woman of any age right now

Old 05-01-2016, 07:21 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
She's a co-worker. Don't do anything.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:31 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,521,357 times
Quote:
I need advice.

Mate I'm sure she would be flattered by the advances of the younger man, there's a well known saying this side of the pond " there's no bigger compliment for a woman than a younger man "...... Well I've been lucky to meet such women in the past .

But I'm sure if anything were to happen it would be a fling at best as I'm sure the age difference would play a part somewhere down the line mate.

the coworker part may be the biggest obstacle, can I ask has she given you and hints they she likes you or is she in a relationship/married/single etc.

I say above that she will be flattered and I'm sure she would be but its not a guarantee by along shot that she would like you back

Old 05-01-2016, 07:39 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,235,187 times
If you value your job and work relationships, you'll leave it be.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:53 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,127,796 times
Leave it be, Unless one of you winds up leaving the job. If it comes to that then say something, Since you would not strain the business relationship and no awkwardness would have to be dealt with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships