Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 10:13 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Being on very different pages money-management-wise is one of the top two causes of divorce. The other being--not on the same page sexually.

Love isn't about accepting all of someone's flaws no matter how outrageous, self-destructive, and illegal. First, make healthy choices for yourself, including your choice in a partner. Then you can talk about accepting whatever minor flaws that person may have.

You've chosen to love the wrong person. Get out of this before it's too late, and things really go haywire. And btw, open, honest and thoughtful communication is the cornerstone of a good relationship.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:14 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottymya View Post
Hello everyone so i love my bf to death we're both 22 and been together 4 years we're attached at the hip and we have always lived together. We got engaged at 19 but we are not married yet he was a bad boy in high school, got arrested and ect but he changed once we got engaged and had our child i came to the conclusion that i love this man and don't want to be without him so i accept all of his flaws. Ever since we were younger we've both always worked however he is reckless with money each year gets a little better however we are both car dealers and we make lots of money i found it keeps him happier when all money is in his possession for the most part we save take care of our bills and ect but im at a point in my life where im fed up. I have 1 fine that i pay on which is 60$ monthly he pays on a bailsbond credit card restitution so total monthly his debts are about 600$. Dont get me wrong i know what i signed up for but though our entire relationship i havent been happy financial wise because i want to have businesses but the rate we are going we are stuck at 1 place also when he feels the need to spend he spends without telling me he bought his mom a 300$ necklace bought himself a 600$ necklace and he buys expensive shoes versus me i treat myself to the salon once every 3 months i just need some advice im always making a financial plan and i want a nice secure future with my boyfriend it kinda seems like with him money doesnt get saved
Sadly, the ultimate marriage breaker is money not cheating. So your relationship is doomed or will be doomed unless some money discipline and agreement can be established. The longer your relationship lasts the more important money management becomes. All those money wasted and not putting it away or invested is lost opportunity for future.

I was once a money spender but I have learned my lesson and now I consider myself investor 1st and spender last.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:06 AM

462 posts, read 550,302 times
Sounds like you need to keep separate accounts with a joint account for household expenses as a previous poster suggested. If he balks, move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships