Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 03:43 PM

1 posts, read 593 times

Advertisements

hey..well here's the situtation. I've been best friends with a guy for 5 years now since we were 12. We were talking every day and although we were in different schools we didnt lose communication. When we were 13 he had told my cousin that he likes me but then i didnt and i was with somebody else. And the bad thing is he saw us kissing but it wasnt important to me and anyway i didnt know he was feeling this way . After that,when we were 14 we started talking in a different way. He was sweeter and i was too. One day he made a joke with my cousin that they made out at the beach and i was super jealous but i didnt want to admit it to myself either so i just tried to made them say it was a lie but until the next day when they did i was so sad. Then at my cousins birthday party we were so close laughing and hugging and teasing each other. And he was like telling me that we have to find someone to date and i was like i dont even care about that stuff. And then one day at the phone with him and a friend of him,the friend asked me why i didnt want my best friend. Maybe for a joke but there was some truth hidden inside i guess.After that we made a joke to a friend that me and him were a couple and then we started being more intimate and all. But then we were back to being best friends. And next Christmas(15 now) i finally admitted to myself and my cousin that i like him but i didnt do anything about it. And last summer too. My cousin and i had a plan. We told him for the annual summer joke that i have a crush on him and he told her that he likes me but we're friends.And then he texted me that this made him think some things.. Anyway after that nothing happened and in September he stopped talking to me maybe cause i have been a little weird before always ready to fight since i had problems with myself and i ve been talking too much but i dont think that mattered here cause thats something ive always been doing it is just myself. After that i saw him somewhere and i talked to him about our friendhsip and he told me he was ok with me and nothing had happened. We didnt talk after that cause i had closed facebook and i hade texted him happy bday in november.No reply. Then in december he replied and when we met in a cafe he told me i was snob and didnt talk to him. But after these months i could see in his eyes that he cared about me i mean wew were friends for many years how couldnt he. Then he started talking to me again after being an ashole with the texting on his birthday cause i think he saw it and he has been avoiding me. We met again with a friend randomly and when my friend left we stayed together and it wasy cuteand he asked me if i wanted his jacket(random but cute always). After talking everyday we stopped suddenly. Then he had texted me for happy easter and one day i had seen him with his friends and i think he acted like he didnt see me and he just left. Then this Saturday we met with my cousin and a friend and he passed and omg he was so good and funny again like the old times and i found myself loving him and all these feeling ive been trying to hide came to surface.And my cousin realised that immediately just by looking at him. I really dont know what to do. With his friends of course he turns into a snob but i cant help it i love him. Im thinking about telling him and just be over with it i cant keep wondering i mean yolo right? But of course im afraid and i think i should just ask him if i did anything wrong in our friendship but i want him so much and not as a friend anymore. What should i do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 03:48 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
AAUGH! OP, paragraphs, please!

There seems to be some game-playing on his part, where he avoids you and pretends not to see you. Do you really want to deal with that? If you think it would resolve, what about asking your cousin to talk to him and tell him you're into him?

Old 06-13-2016, 03:50 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreaming123 View Post

Im thinking about telling him and just be over with it i cant keep wondering i mean yolo right?
Yes, please!

Y'all aren't really friends anyway. Real friends wouldn't treat each other the way you two have been acting. It's just a lot of middle-school/high-school drama. (Stop doing the "annual summer joke.")

So be mature and tell him you like him. Whatever happens after that, live with it and learn from it.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:52 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreaming123 View Post
I've been best friends with a guy for 5 years now since we were 12. We were talking every day and although we were in different schools we didnt lose communication.

When we were 13 he had told my cousin that he likes me but then i didnt and i was with somebody else. And the bad thing is he saw us kissing but it wasnt important to me and anyway i didnt know he was feeling this way .

After that,when we were 14 we started talking in a different way. He was sweeter and i was too. One day he made a joke with my cousin that they made out at the beach and i was super jealous but i didnt want to admit it to myself either so i just tried to made them say it was a lie but until the next day when they did i was so sad.

Then at my cousins birthday party we were so close laughing and hugging and teasing each other. And he was like telling me that we have to find someone to date and i was like i dont even care about that stuff. And then one day at the phone with him and a friend of him,the friend asked me why i didnt want my best friend. Maybe for a joke but there was some truth hidden inside i guess.

After that we made a joke to a friend that me and him were a couple and then we started being more intimate and all. But then we were back to being best friends. And next Christmas(15 now) i finally admitted to myself and my cousin that i like him but i didnt do anything about it. And last summer too.

My cousin and i had a plan. We told him for the annual summer joke that i have a crush on him and he told her that he likes me but we're friends.And then he texted me that this made him think some things.. Anyway after that nothing happened and in September he stopped talking to me maybe cause i have been a little weird before always ready to fight since i had problems with myself and i ve been talking too much but i dont think that mattered here cause thats something ive always been doing it is just myself.

After that i saw him somewhere and i talked to him about our friendhsip and he told me he was ok with me and nothing had happened. We didnt talk after that cause i had closed facebook and i hade texted him happy bday in november.No reply. Then in december he replied and when we met in a cafe he told me i was snob and didnt talk to him. But after these months i could see in his eyes that he cared about me i mean wew were friends for many years how couldnt he.

Then he started talking to me again after being an ******* with the texting on his birthday cause i think he saw it and he has been avoiding me. We met again with a friend randomly and when my friend left we stayed together and it wasy cuteand he asked me if i wanted his jacket(random but cute always). After talking everyday we stopped suddenly.

Then he had texted me for happy easter and one day i had seen him with his friends and i think he acted like he didnt see me and he just left. Then this Saturday we met with my cousin and a friend and he passed and omg he was so good and funny again like the old times and i found myself loving him and all these feeling ive been trying to hide came to surface.And my cousin realised that immediately just by looking at him.

I really dont know what to do. With his friends of course he turns into a snob but i cant help it i love him. Im thinking about telling him and just be over with it i cant keep wondering i mean yolo right? But of course im afraid and i think i should just ask him if i did anything wrong in our friendship but i want him so much and not as a friend anymore. What should i do?
Edited for clarity.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:54 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Maybe you just have a crush on him for now. At 17, I hardly believe this will be your first and only love. It was a little hard trying to follow you at times, but I just didn't get love out of all that. From the bits and pieces, sounds like he is cool with just being friends. Just text him about how you feel, but be ready for an answer you don't want to hear also.

Last edited by ipaper; 06-13-2016 at 04:07 PM..

Old 06-13-2016, 03:56 PM

941 posts, read 3,911,404 times
ok so here's what u do u go up to him and say why you either ghosting or mirin me whenever u feel like thats not okay brah but he a boy boys r stupid lol he thinks ur just a friend sometimes sometimes he thinks ur hot i think that boy is all over the place u feel me maybe he totes awk so maybe jus go up and tell him ur mine now and kiss him or something idk

Old 06-13-2016, 04:00 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
You have an "annual summer joke"?

Sorry that's the only thing of interest that popped out at me.

I'm sure you can figure out whatever your problem is by yourself if you a) use your critical thinking skills and b) talk to whoever you need to talk to to find out what it is you want to know..

Old 06-14-2016, 07:37 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Then the recess bell rang and we went back to class.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:35 AM

264 posts, read 183,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
AAUGH! OP, paragraphs, please!

There seems to be some game-playing on his part, where he avoids you and pretends not to see you. Do you really want to deal with that? If you think it would resolve, what about asking your cousin to talk to him and tell him you're into him?

To me it sounds like those games are because he is interested, is too scared to say anything, and doesn't know how to behave.

OP, I'd say something. What's the worst that can happen? You go back to this strange sorta friends, sorta not thing you've got going now, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships