Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 03:32 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Keep ignoring her.

It's better for you, and it'll make her insane.
The latter is just a bonus.

I'm impressed with your fortitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 05:20 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
Thanks

Strange thing is; because I haven't made a fuss with her affair, and neither have I bothered to email, text or email her since our falling-out, she has now presumably taken umbrage by my lack of response by sending me pics of herself with her new girlfriend. With comments such as "So much better now!" and other snide remarks.

Admittedly it does hurt, but I won't stoop to her level.
Why are you not blocking her?

Old 06-24-2016, 12:13 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,116,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Why are you not blocking her?
Initially I was hoping for some kind of conciliatory response I guess. Always hoping that perhaps after the fire & brimstone breakup last week, we could work something out that would build bridges and to try again.

But now it seems she has made her decision, and I guess at some point this weekend I will block her completely.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:22 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Thanks

Strange thing is; because I haven't made a fuss with her affair, and neither have I bothered to email, text or email her since our falling-out, she has now presumably taken umbrage by my lack of response by sending me pics of herself with her new girlfriend. With comments such as "So much better now!" and other snide remarks.

Admittedly it does hurt, but I won't stoop to her level.
That is a bit naughty after being together for so long

I would have sent a picture back with me and a cat!...." So much better now! "....

You're a better person than me

Old 06-25-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
That is a bit naughty after being together for so long

I would have sent a picture back with me and a cat!...." So much better now! "....

You're a better person than me
Well I've finally blocked her on my email addy and moby numbers. While I was doing the latter I flicked through some photo albums on my phone, and noticed a whole raft of photos of us during the early years of our relationship. Have to be honest and admit I did cry for a few minutes earlier today as those happier memories came flooding back!

Even though I have blocked her, I still don't know about deleting those pics? Once they've gone I'll have nothing left to remember her by other than my own deep-seated memories.

But I guess if I do want to move on, I need to cut all ties with the past. But that's easier said than done

Old 06-25-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Well I've finally blocked her on my email addy and moby numbers. While I was doing the latter I flicked through some photo albums on my phone, and noticed a whole raft of photos of us during the early years of our relationship. Have to be honest and admit I did cry for a few minutes earlier today as those happier memories came flooding back!

Even though I have blocked her, I still don't know about deleting those pics? Once they've gone I'll have nothing left to remember her by other than my own deep-seated memories.

But I guess if I do want to move on, I need to cut all ties with the past. But that's easier said than done
If they're nice photos of YOU then I'd keep them as it shows you in a happy time of your life. It might be painful now but in later life and looking back ........

I've still got photos of me and my ex in Marbella and yeah it's " strange " looking at them but we were great together and I was happy ( plus I got a gorgeous tan! lmao ).

I miss the old Kodak " throw away camaras " pictures as you can put them somewhere and forget about them for years lol.

To be honest everyone reacts differently but you have shown great strength and positivity throughout the ordeal ( Better than I did when we broke up )

Old 06-25-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
If they're nice photos of YOU then I'd keep them as it shows you in a happy time of your life. It might be painful now but in later life and looking back ........

I've still got photos of me and my ex in Marbella and yeah it's " strange " looking at them but we were great together and I was happy ( plus I got a gorgeous tan! lmao ).

I miss the old Kodak " throw away camaras " pictures as you can put them somewhere and forget about them for years lol.

To be honest everyone reacts differently but you have shown great strength and positivity throughout the ordeal ( Better than I did when we broke up )
Well I've kept three and hard-deleted the rest. Just can't quite force myself to delete the remaining three because they do have special significance for a number of reasons.

But then I guess I will never truly "let go" and move forward if I keep looking at the past? I wonder how other people deal with breakups? Specifically keeping things like old photos for sentimental reasons? Or is just best to cut the cord for good?

Old 06-25-2016, 11:33 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
But then I guess I will never truly "let go" and move forward if I keep looking at the past? I wonder how other people deal with breakups? Specifically keeping things like old photos for sentimental reasons? Or is just best to cut the cord for good?
In my experience, the process is a mix of both.

You are still VERY early in that process, though, so for your sake it would be better to focus on the moving forward piece while placing the sentimental reflection on the back burner, in another room, where you can't access it very often.

Old 06-26-2016, 03:36 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Put the photos on a thumb drive and stash it away. Delete them from the easy access on your phone.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Well I've kept three and hard-deleted the rest. Just can't quite force myself to delete the remaining three because they do have special significance for a number of reasons.

As the girls have said put it on something then hide it

To be honest the best way to get over someone is by meeting someone else ...... I'm guessing it's too soon for you to commit of course but just being out and about with friends for example is great and whilst out you know just how easy to meet someone and so forth ....

Again you won't get over her straight away but having someone else in your mind is a great way to move on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships