Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 10:10 AM

23 posts, read 17,154 times

Advertisements

I'm interested in knowing how women usually pursue casual sex (for the ones who do). Of course all women are different, so I am interested in differing opinions on the subject.

It is so common for women to state "all men want/think about is sex," but when women are "on the prowl" and looking for casual encounters, how do you ladies usually approach things?

Jeff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 10:16 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
That's a good question. Rarely have I pursued casual sex literally just to "get off," so to speak. I can do that all by myself.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:23 AM

302 posts, read 230,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_G1 View Post
I'm interested in knowing how women usually pursue casual sex (for the ones who do). Of course all women are different, so I am interested in differing opinions on the subject.

It is so common for women to state "all men want/think about is sex," but when women are "on the prowl" and looking for casual encounters, how do you ladies usually approach things?

Jeff
I like sex a lot.

There are things that keep me from pursing it. (Casual sex with strangers.) Mostly fear, it's dangerous- you are putting yourself in a vulnerable place. Do you want a stranger to know where you live? It's vulnerable, do want to be naked and at the mercy of someone who might be crazy? Then you have STD's in today's world it's frightening.

So for me, I only would have what you would call casual sex with a person who has been vetted to not be crazy, someone I trust, someone I know to not have STD"s with good personal hygiene.

At the end of the day it's probably going to have to be a friend.

So yeah, what JEZ said.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by free.spirit View Post
I like sex a lot.

There are things that keep me from pursing it. (Casual sex with strangers.) Mostly fear, it's dangerous- you are putting yourself in a vulnerable place. Do you want a stranger to know where you live? It's vulnerable, do want to be naked and at the mercy of someone who might be crazy? Then you have STD's in today's world it's frightening.

So for me, I only would have what you would call casual sex with a person who has been vetted to not be crazy, someone I trust, someone I know to not have STD"s with good personal hygiene.

At the end of the day it's probably going to have to be a friend.

So yeah, what JEZ said.
Thanks for the reply!

I completely understand the safety issue. I think as men we don't always take a woman's need to feel safe and secure into consideration as much as we should. Once those needs are taken care of, do you need to have an emotional connection with a person before you have sex, or can you just go off of pure physical attraction?

Old 06-23-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply!

I completely understand the safety issue. I think as men we don't always take a woman's need to feel safe and secure into consideration as much as we should. Once those needs are taken care of, do you need to have an emotional connection with a person before you have sex, or can you just go off of pure physical attraction?
Doesn't being made to feel safe and secure involve emotions?

Are you trying to figure out how to "trick" women into wanting to just have "casual sex" with you?

Old 06-23-2016, 10:35 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

Are you trying to figure out how to "trick" women into wanting to just have "casual sex" with you?
Sure seems that way to me. Do you think we should just give him the password?

Old 06-23-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

Hi JerZ!

I only ask because I often hear my female friends speak on the importance of having an emotional connection with a person before sex. When I ask for details they usually can't provide anything too specific apart from having a "vibe" with the person.

I think it's healthy to try to learn some of the differences between the sexes. No trickery involved!

Old 06-23-2016, 10:56 AM

302 posts, read 230,611 times
Quote:
Hi JerZ!

I only ask because I often hear my female friends speak on the importance of having an emotional connection with a person before sex. When I ask for details they usually can't provide anything too specific apart from having a "vibe" with the person.

I think it's healthy to try to learn some of the differences between the sexes. No trickery involved!
I think emotional connections facilitate attraction. For me many times a man is much more attractive if I "feel" he has given me something. It's not just one thing, it's just a feeling of safety, maybe making me feel attractive and wanted.

It could be an intellectual connection or interest.

Rarely have I ever seen a man, no matter how attractive, that I was instantly attracted to. So yeah, it's not black and white. I am guessing it's why the FWB has become so popular.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:00 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:

Jeff
When I was looking for casual encounters, I started with men I already knew. Then I moved on to bars. And I did a little online dating.

It was fun at the time. After about 2 years, I had that out of my system so I just stopped.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Sure seems that way to me. Do you think we should just give him the password?
Or the secret, uh...handshake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships