Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 11:10 AM

733 posts, read 602,877 times

Advertisements

It seems that “never went to college" is a turn-off to many women.

What about college dropouts? I'm not talking about Bill Gates, just typical college dropouts.

Is bachelor degree a must? Does major matter? Does the prestige of the school matter?

What about advanced degrees? Degrees from medical and dental schools are definitely desirable, no dispute. But what about master degrees and PhD degrees?

This is really an open question, I'd like to hear opinions from women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 11:13 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
You should do a search. There was just a giant thread on this.

As with all things, it will depend upon the woman.

You have said you're going for much younger girls. If you mean college girls, well, obviously school is important to them, in a current, realtime way (generally). It's their whole lives right now, it will be a big topic of conversation, probably...school is their entire culture right now. They may not "require" a guy who went to school but I don't know...I really think you're barking up the wrong tree with this very young girls thing. No one part of it seems to be working for you.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:13 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayesian View Post
It seems that “never went to college" is a turn-off to many women.

What about college dropouts? I'm not talking about Bill Gates, just typical college dropouts.

Is bachelor degree a must? Does major matter? Does the prestige of the school matter?

What about advanced degrees? Degrees from medical and dental schools are definitely desirable, no dispute. But what about master degrees and PhD degrees?

This is really an open question, I'd like to hear opinions from women.
I basically got kicked out of school and never once has my " lack of education " been a problem both for me and women I've dated

Old 07-10-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
You should do a search. There was just a giant thread on this.

As with all things, it will depend upon the woman.

You have said you're going for much younger girls. If you mean college girls, well, obviously school is important to them, in a current, realtime way (generally). It's their whole lives right now, it will be a big topic of conversation, probably...school is their entire culture right now. They may not "require" a guy who went to school but I don't know...I really think you're barking up the wrong tree with this very young girls thing. No one part of it se me to be working for you.
I have a bachelor degree in EE and master degree in CS, all from state universities. Anyway, my GPA wasn't that great, I don't want to show my transcripts.

Okay, I said I preferred younger girls but it's not a requirement. Every guy prefers younger girls, yet we are willing to compromise and settle for less. Girls between 20 to 29 are on my radar.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I basically got kicked out of school and never once has my " lack of education " been a problem both for me and women I've dated

I don't think everyone needs a degree to do very well. Some recent post complaining about "intellectual compatibility" just made me really curious.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:39 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,358,121 times
If you go after college women or women who want a man with an education then yeah, it will be an issue. If you go after women who don't care, then it won't be! Simple - don't be like the stereotypical woman who goes after the emotionally unavailable guy...find a woman who fits who you are.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:43 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Actual degrees don't really matter as much as intellectual curiosity, good conversation, and general thoughtfulness. There are people with MBAs who haven't cracked a book since school, and there are deep thinkers who never went to college. Compatibility is important, but I don't need to see a guy's resume to know it.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:45 AM

11,788 posts, read 12,025,773 times
Quote:
I have a bachelor degree in EE and master degree in CS, all from state universities. Anyway, my GPA wasn't that great, I don't want to show my transcripts.

Okay, I said I preferred younger girls but it's not a requirement. Every guy prefers younger girls, yet we are willing to compromise and settle for less. Girls between 20 to 29 are on my radar.
Show your transcripts?

Old 07-10-2016, 11:48 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,036,104 times
My SO went to culinary school. He has a career he's passionate about that he's good at. I can't imagine I'd like him more for having an MBA.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:50 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times
Quote:

I don't think everyone needs a degree to do very well. Some recent post complaining about "intellectual compatibility" just made me really curious.
Of course a degree helps and and anyone that does have one should be proud of it as it's quite an achievement

Myself I've done quite well considering.... I've got a global trade, earn well, freedom, and have terrific possibilities for the future

I've known quite a few highly educated women over the years even a barrister and my education level wasn't ever in question and she didn't once make me feel inferior or anything like that.

They've all pretty much liked me for who I am more than anything else mate and most thought I was " refreshing " compared to a few they previously dated.

So personally I wouldn't worry about it too much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships