Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 06:55 AM

3,118 posts, read 5,360,781 times

Advertisements

So I temporarily moved to a new city that was far away for work and got very serious with a girl (girl A). We were exclusive the whole time but never made it official because I was leaving eventually. The girl was crazy about me and I think would have married me. Well I just got back to my home city last week and wasn't really to jump into anything serious. Despite this, I've been dating this girl for literally 8 days and things are progressing VERY fast. She seems crazy about me and is already wanting me to stay over multiple nights in a row etc.

Well I have a weekend trip planned at the end of next month to go to meet girl A and am afraid things will progress so much in that time that girl B will not want me to go. I'm not sure if I should just not let things get exclusive before then or just say I'm going somewhere else for the weekend. It would break girl A if I canceled on here because I'm dating someone else already. She wants me in her life, even if I'm far away. I honestly think it is best to keep them both in the dark until this vacation is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 07:01 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,411,735 times
Which girl do you want? If you want to play the field and have more than one then you need to let both of them know this. Do not string them along.

You need to be honest up front and no one gets hurt.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:06 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,003,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
We were exclusive the whole time but never made it official because I was leaving eventually.
This doesn't make any sense to me. There is a difference between dating only one person and being exclusive with one person.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
This doesn't make any sense to me. There is a difference between dating only one person and being exclusive with one person.
We never dated other people, but never said that we couldn't either. We were both exclusive to on another despite the ability to date others.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Which girl do you want? If you want to play the field and have more than one then you need to let both of them know this. Do not string them along.

You need to be honest up front and no one gets hurt.
SO what do I do about the trip I have planned? Right now I can take it but things might be more serous before then. That is my question.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
We never dated other people, but never said that we couldn't either. We were both exclusive to on another despite the ability to date others.
So you were only dating each other but didn't agree to date exclusively. Got it. No issue here. Don't worry about things that haven't happened. Cart before horse.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:18 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,221,439 times
Quote:
SO what do I do about the trip I have planned? Right now I can take it but things might be more serous before then. That is my question.
Things might be more serious for who?
You? I would think this would preclude you from wanting Lady A.
But if you mean for her, then you damn well better let her know you still consider yourself free to see others.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Things might be more serious for who?
You? I would think this would preclude you from wanting Lady A.
But if you mean for her, then you damn well better let her know you still consider yourself free to see others.
Well things will never be exclusive long term relationship with lady A. She is 100's of miles away now. But we still have this trip planned in a month that I don't want to cancel.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Well things will never be exclusive long term relationship with lady A. She is 100's of miles away now. But we still have this trip planned in a month that I don't want to cancel.
There is no problem here. Don't create one.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:25 AM

11,804 posts, read 12,045,871 times
Quote:
I think it's selfish to go on a trip with a woman who is so crazy about you she'd marry you, yet you're in a very new, yet hot and heavy situation with another woman. Let woman A go and don't go on the trip, which is only stringing her along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships