Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 01:46 PM

97 posts, read 90,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Things are NOT out in the open. You have hopes and needs that you are now hiding or denying in order to keep him comfortable, and to keep him in the relationship. That can't be a healthy basis for a good relationship--he's only happy when your needs are denied. How is that going to play out over time? Whether you end up marrying him or not, it's an unbalanced relationship in which his needs are more important than yours.
I agree that he's basically shown me that this relationship can only work if I agree and am content with accepting my needs aren't as important as his.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
If you think it is important for kids to have married parents, then you need to move on now.
I don't really think that anymore. I think it's better to have separated parents who care about each other rather than married parents who are miserable

Old 07-21-2016, 01:49 PM

102,223 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauwie View Post
I agree that he's basically shown me that this relationship can only work if I agree and am content with accepting my needs aren't as important as his.
That says a lot about how he feels about you. This isn't a guy who's all that into you.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Most of the time, this translates to "I want to get married in the future but not to you".
Okay fair enough, although I didn't really see it that way.
I didn't even need a definite answer that we are on track to marriage. I just need to know the possibility of it is still there and it's not a hard no..

Old 07-21-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
You're actively avoiding anything to do with the problems you know you have both together and individually.

How do you feel avoidance is going to benefit yourselves in the long run?

Address the issues or don't bother with one another anymore. this is what it will all ultimately come down to regardless of how hard you try to avoid the things that threaten your relationship.
Somehow that translates in my mind to just throw the relationship in the trash and dismiss all the positive things I've gotten from it, like they never happened.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:00 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Okay fair enough, although I didn't really see it that way.
I didn't even need a definite answer that we are on track to marriage. I just need to know the possibility of it is still there and it's not a hard no..
He apparently is not a fan of the hard no. He seems to prefer a long, drawn-out no.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That says a lot about how he feels about you. This isn't a guy who's all that into you.
Dang..... that hurts kinda. Do you think I was just a warm body to him? Just someone to pass time with that he liked?

Old 07-21-2016, 02:06 PM

102,223 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Dang..... that hurts kinda. Do you think I was just a warm body to him? Just someone to pass time with that he liked?
Well, that's a very broad spectrum. But the standard we tend to use here is that if he's truly into you whole hog, he'd let nothing stop him from sewing you up in a marriage contract, so there would be no chance you might find a better thing someday and jus6t walk away. He'd be willing to swim through shark-infested waters for you, that's the standard. If he's really into you, he wouldn't allow the risk that you might get away. As it is now, it seems like he's taking you for granted.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
He apparently is not a fan of the hard no. He seems to prefer a long, drawn-out no.
Racking my brain to see what would compell him to keep feeding into things if this is really how he felt and am left puzzled. Why not have just been upfront and honest rather than drawing it out and making me put the clues together?

Old 07-21-2016, 02:11 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,698,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Most of the time, this translates to "I want to get married in the future but not to you".
Don't know if I agree with that statement. I would take that to mean that he knows she will likely leaves if he says he never wants to get married.

He has to give her some hope to string her along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships