Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 09:32 PM

52,388 posts, read 52,867,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
True they both do.
Single people don't have to compromise.But people with a SO knows who they are going to event with. I have to ask my married friends or coupled friends,"Hey wanna go to such and such?"-"Hon do you wanna go with Raena to such and such?-Omg she's still single what's wrong with her?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3sGbA_t1_Q
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 09:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,954,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Now I have scales!

Old 07-23-2016, 09:40 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,745,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
True they both do.
Single people don't have to compromise.But people with a SO knows who they are going to event with. I have to ask my married friends or coupled friends,"Hey wanna go to such and such?"-"Hon do you wanna go with Raena to such and such?-Omg she's still single what's wrong with her?"
I'm not gonna lie, that stuff does kind of sting. Only in that moment though. I know pretty much all my friends will be couple most definitely in the near future and I will most likely still be single. I'm okay with that though, because it would be less stress on my shoulders. It's a lot of work keeping up with friends, at least for me it is. I love staying home, I only leave the house when I ABSOLUTELY have to.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:44 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,562,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What!!! Scales!!!!..... BUGGER OFF!

Now that's the good natured post to lighten the mood that was intended and needed....... not a potential " MGTOW " award ceremony acceptance speech lmao

Chow thanking you my good sir

Old 07-23-2016, 09:46 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,386,191 times
Lol

I shared this with my husband because he remembers what a lot of this was like during his single days (especially the part about grandkids).

Old 07-24-2016, 01:20 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,648,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I hate being asked about having any prospects, especially from my mother. I'm just thinking the whole time, "are you this stupid?! I crapped out on the looks lottery, of course I don't have any prospects!" It just me off.
I find family gatherings particularly awkward- not because anyone asks me about my prospects but it's depressing to see everyone else with kids and significant others when you don't have them. Even if you don't necessarily want kids or a partner, it just feels like everyone else has grown up and started a new life while you have remained the same as you always were. It's like, geez, even my 18 year old cousin who I still consider a kid has a baby. Even my weird, gothic cousin managed to find a weird, gothic boyfriend just like herself to bring to family events. It just makes me feel alone and like a failure in life, but thanks for trying to cheer us up anyway, Auraliea! lol

Old 07-24-2016, 01:46 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,416,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I find family gatherings particularly awkward- not because anyone asks me about my prospects but it's depressing to see everyone else with kids and significant others when you don't have them. Even if you don't necessarily want kids or a partner, it just feels like everyone else has grown up and started a new life while you have remained the same as you always were. It's like, geez, even my 18 year old cousin who I still consider a kid has a baby. Even my weird, gothic cousin managed to find a weird, gothic boyfriend just like herself to bring to family events. It just makes me feel alone and like a failure in life, but thanks for trying to cheer us up anyway, Auraliea! lol
We all have different life paths at the end of the day, and/or different things at a different time.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
We all have different life paths at the end of the day, and/or different things at a different time.
I understand that, but sometimes it seems like everyone else is on the same path except for you.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:54 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,745,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I understand that, but sometimes it seems like everyone else is on the same path except for you.
It can feel a little isolating but you have to remember you are you. The grass isn't always greener on the others side either. When I think about it, I really wouldn't to do something simply because it seems everyone is doing it. It'd be pretty boring if everyone was doing the same thing. Be more confident.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
It can feel a little isolating but you have to remember you are you. The grass isn't always greener on the others side either. When I think about it, I really wouldn't to do something simply because it seems everyone is doing it. It'd be pretty boring if everyone was doing the same thing. Be more confident.
Except everyone is pretty much doing the same thing- coupling up and/or having kids. At the end of the day, no one really cares about your career, your hobbies, or your travels. They just see you as a person without a family, especially if you're a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships