Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 07:34 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,264,056 times

Advertisements

Him Tarzan, you Jane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 07:35 AM

1,506 posts, read 1,814,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
In my experience, if a guy tells you that he doesn't want to be your boyfriend, that he doesn't want a relationship etc., listen to what he's saying. Getting to know him more is a great idea BUT I wouldn't get more emotionally involved if you are looking for a relationship with him further down the line. Did you ask him if he was just against the gf/bf for the time being, or in general?

That he asked you what you are to him, after having sex, just sounds like a bit of a mind game to me.
He told you what he wanted. Listen and think and act accordingly as you continue to see him. You probably won't make him change his mind. Basically, he has told you that he only wants FWB or FB with you, not a relationship. If you are good with that, no problem.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:47 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,111,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maia_voss View Post
i think he was already secretly "in love" with me before he even asked me out... he just doesn't know his feelings for me is.
I don't see how you got this ^^^ from this:

Quote:

he told me that he can't do the whole bf/ gf thing.

we don't know each other that well.

we hooked up and the next day he asked me what he was to me.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:06 AM

36,758 posts, read 31,015,711 times
Quote:
im not hung up on the labels.. i just want to get to know him better. he's the one who's trying to figure out his label
Tell him he is your number 1 B****.

Old 07-27-2016, 03:07 PM

129 posts, read 164,998 times
I only got to the 1st page, so if something has changed, please forgive me.

Honestly OP, if you really wanted this guy to eventually become your bf, I wouldn't have slept with him. I don't sleep with people who tell me up front that they're not into the whole "bf/gf" label thing. I would only sleep with someone who's a bf...but that's just me.

If you're fine with being a FWB, then by all means, go ahead and have fun. But it sort of seems like you kind of could see yourself with this guy in a serious way. Maybe you slept w/him because you felt he would dump you if you didn't? I just don't see the point in sleeping with a guy who has told you UP FRONT that he is not wanting to make you his gf and don't even think about calling him a bf. Idk...maybe it's because I'm in my 30's or something, but I'm so over "hook ups" like this.

But again, do you if you have to. I just have a bad feeling that he already kind of told you what was up from the get go, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:10 PM

110 posts, read 76,118 times
Update: i have realized that he still think that he is out of my league and he is not compatible to me. i have reassured him many times that he is NOT out of my league and that i enjoy being around him. he tells me he is always nervous around me and that he doesn't know how to be perfect for me and that he is working on being more comfortable around me. and i can see that he is more comfortable around me and he not as stiff as before.

and is it normal for a hook up to end with him cooking you breakfast for lunch?

Old 07-28-2016, 06:18 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,745,062 times
Quote:
Update: i have realized that he still think that he is out of my league and he is not compatible to me. i have reassured him many times that he is NOT out of my league and that i enjoy being around him. he tells me he is always nervous around me and that he doesn't know how to be perfect for me and that he is working on being more comfortable around me. and i can see that he is more comfortable around me and he not as stiff as before.

If it's normal for you. What's the problem?

Old 07-28-2016, 06:39 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,111,428 times
Quote:
Why are you asking this ^^ kind of stuff?

Your posts about this just sound like humblebrags that aren't even that humble.

Honestly, his insecurity, real or pretend, would be a HUGE turnoff for me. I probably wouldn't have stayed till lunch.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:02 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,889,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Why are you asking this ^^ kind of stuff?

Your posts about this just sound like humblebrags that aren't even that humble.

Honestly, his insecurity, real or pretend, would be a HUGE turnoff for me. I probably wouldn't have stayed till lunch.
Yeah, he'll get use to how awesome you are, just give it time

Then you won't have to deal with this as much:
Quote:
...he not as stiff as before.

Last edited by RbccL; 07-28-2016 at 07:42 PM..

Old 07-28-2016, 07:05 PM

102,269 posts, read 108,310,604 times
Well, at least we know he isn't playing games, he's just insecure. It's up to you to decide if you can tolerate that insecurity. Breakfast or brunch after overnight sex is normal. How else are you going to eat? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships