Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 05:58 PM

110 posts, read 75,994 times

Advertisements

So i recently started seeing this guy and we were talking about our labels. he told me that he can't do the whole bf/ gf thing. and i was ok with it since we don't know each other that well. so i told him that it's ok and we're just getting to know each other. the other night we hooked up and the next day he asked me what he was to me. idk what to tell him since he's the one who doesn't want to be my boyfriend rn (which i am totally ok with)

PS this guy calls me beautiful almost everyday and he worships me like a queen.
and we are literally completely opposites he a dork and according to him I'm that popular girl every guy wanted in high school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 06:00 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,727,352 times
We really can't figure that one out for you.

It's entirely up to you, since you are the one who's dating him. Don't be so hung up on labels.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
We really can't figure that one out for you.

It's entirely up to you, since you are the one who's dating him. Don't be so hung up on labels.
im not hung up on the labels.. i just want to get to know him better. he's the one who's trying to figure out his label

Old 07-26-2016, 06:09 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
"According to him ..." LOL

When he asked you what he was to you, you should have just said, "You tell me."

Old 07-26-2016, 06:13 PM

102,223 posts, read 107,999,816 times
OP, I can't help thinking that he's kind of setting you up. He said upfront he "cant to the bf/gf thing", to which you said: "fine". Now he's asking you to contradict yourself and to ignore his clearly stated preference for no labels. It sounds like a trap. Either that, or he's not as clear on how he feels about labels as the thinks.

What you should do (IMO): Reiterate to him that you agree with his stated preference for no labels. Re-state that you're fully on board with that. Repeat as needed, if he presses. If he continues to try to pull a response from you, ask him why he's asking, since the question has already been discussed, agreed upon, and dealt with. "We already talked about that. I'm fine with your preference for no labels." If he asks again, then: "Why do you ask? I thought we agreed on the matter, and it's done with. Why bring it up again?"

It sounds oddly manipulative to me (or he could just be insecure or possessive or something), so you shouldn't fall for it. He said he wanted no labels, so he's getting no labels. Maybe in the future, he'll learn to be careful what he asks for. He seems to want you to get clingy now that you've had sex with him. OR he wants you to say, "No labels, so you're nothing to me", which would give him a reason to make a fuss or call you a sl**, or whatever. Do not walk into this trap.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
"According to him ..." LOL

When he asked you what he was to you, you should have just said, "You tell me."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, I can't help thinking that he's kind of setting you up. He said upfront he "cant to the bf/gf thing", to which you said: "fine". Now he's asking you to contradict yourself and to ignore his clearly stated preference for no labels. It sounds like a trap. Either that, or he's not as clear on how he feels about labels as the thinks.

What you should do (IMO): Reiterate to him that you agree with his stated preference for no labels. Re-state that you're fully on board with that. Repeat as needed, if he presses. If he continues to try to pull a response from you, ask him why he's asking, since the question has already been discussed, agreed upon, and dealt with. "We already talked about that. I'm fine with your preference for no labels." If he asks again, then: "Why do you ask? I thought we agreed on the matter, and it's done with. Why bring it up again?"

It sounds oddly manipulative to me (or he could just be insecure or possessive or something), so you shouldn't fall for it. He said he wanted no labels, so he's getting no labels. Maybe in the future, he'll learn to be careful what he asks for. He seems to want you to get clingy now that you've had sex with him. OR he wants you to say, "No labels, so you're nothing to me", which would give him a reason to make a fuss or call you a sl**, or whatever. Do not walk into this trap.
OMG thats exactly what i feel. i feel like i am walking into a trap. he really needs to be careful of what he wishes for cause now i don't want a label on us but i think he changed his mind and wants a label. i definitely feel like he got a lot more clingy after we hooked up.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:47 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
Label it 'booty call'.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:53 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,450,396 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhIpkynTmqY

Old 07-26-2016, 06:58 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,911,132 times
Fwb

Old 07-26-2016, 07:04 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,007,673 times
Right now you are just a fxck buddy. With a little more time and familiarity, you will make the jump to FWB. All the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships