Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 03:51 PM

7 posts, read 5,308 times

Advertisements

Well. I'm not getting any advice. This is the weekend. I've told her I want to take her out and offered a list of things to do like s hike or movie. It's hard on weekends cause we used to be together every weekend. So now I just chill out and see what she says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 04:00 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liver guy View Post
Ex girlfriend is giving me a shot. We were together for 2 years and then broke up last year. She never stopped talking to me. I want to marry her. But but but. She wants to go slow. We were living together. So hard to go slow. She sees me two times a week or so. Of course I want to see her every day.

Please help. How do I act. I know she's scared to jump back in.
How do you go slow?
Ladies. What would it mean to you.
Make all the effort in the world to see her.... Ring her, text her, go out of your way to see her etc etc, this will help build up the trust again and she will want to see more of you

But make sure you work around her schedule... Going by her pace will be taking it slow, which will help untold as you will appear to be understanding and respectful to how she wants to proceed

Good luck mate

Old 08-12-2016, 04:00 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
OP, we still don't know what her definition of "taking it slow" means. Does it mean she doesn't want to get intimate until she's more confident with where you're at now, with your new life? If so, then all you can do is what you're doing; going on relatively platonic dates until she's ready to shift gears.

Old 08-12-2016, 04:28 PM

No. We are still on intimate. Go slow means not moving back in together right Away, not setting another wedding date or making her wear her engagement ring (yes we were engaged). Not sleeping over at her place.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:07 PM

352 posts, read 234,188 times
OK.....so you're intimate, but you don't have to spend the night(s) at either place, and you don't do too may actual dates again yet? And I would assume still intimate during the 2 year "hiatus"?

Did I pick this up correctly or am I reading backwards....or was there a typo?

Old 08-12-2016, 06:11 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck-67 View Post
OK.....so you're intimate, but you don't have to spend the night(s) at either place, and you don't do too may actual dates again yet? And I would assume still intimate during the 2 year "hiatus"?

Did I pick this up correctly or am I reading backwards....or was there a typo?
Basically as it stands now it's casual or even a FWB at the moment with a view to getting back into a full blown relationship mate

Old 08-12-2016, 07:12 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Ex girlfriend is giving me a shot. We were together for 2 years and then broke up last year. She never stopped talking to me. I want to marry her. But but but. She wants to go slow. We were living together. So hard to go slow. She sees me two times a week or so. Of course I want to see her every day.

Please help. How do I act. I know she's scared to jump back in.
How do you go slow?
Ladies. What would it mean to you.
Follow her lead. See her two times a week like she asks. Mean what you say, and do what you say you'll do at all times.

I have no idea what your back story is, if it involves building trust, go at her speed.

That's all I got without more knowledge of the past issues.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:17 PM

Yes. We officially split and I moved out last November. We both have done a little dating of other people but not in months and nobody has had sex with anyone else. Her or me.
Like this weekend we will probably see each other from about 5 on sat thru 8 pm on Sunday. It's hard to chill and go at her speed.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:53 PM

352 posts, read 234,188 times
This goes against the grain: but if I were you I'd back way, waaay off . Stop all the regular contact, benefits, weddings...everything. It will be an exercise of patience. She already knows you have a job and act together , etc.

When her enthusiasm is as strong as yours.....then resume.

Old 08-13-2016, 12:35 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:

How do you go slow?

See her no more than 2x a week or so, don't move in together, and don't make any mention of marriage.

[otherwise you're smothering her]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships