Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 10:15 AM

4 posts, read 2,936 times

Advertisements

Me and my girlfriend of two years just recently broke up, I'm heading off to college and she's going to be a senior in high school. The break-up was mutual because she didn't want to hold me back from growing as a person and experiencing college which is very respectable on my part. This girl means the world to me and its been the greatest two years of my life! she was my best friend and we did everything together. We always had talks about our future and our kids names and all that stuff. My girlfriends mother is a teacher at the local school district and my next door neighbor is the I.T person and my neighbor was talking to my girlfriends mother and my girlfriends mom said that she was making my girlfriend (Abby) break up with me before i head off to college. The past two weeks prior to our break up our communication was lacking and now that i think about it, she was probably trying to make it easier on the both of us. Long story short, do you see us having a future together?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 10:17 AM

29,528 posts, read 22,724,849 times
Maybe.

We can't answer that for you bro.

Only you can make it happen or not.

Old 08-16-2016, 10:20 AM

I know, but I can't make the decision for her or she can't make it for herself because of her mother.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:32 AM

22,630 posts, read 47,766,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo3232 View Post
Long story short, do you see us having a future together?
Internet strangers can't see a single thing about your future.
That is between you and her.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:38 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,972,535 times
Yes! Absolutely!!!

Love grows! Sounds like even if you concentrate on your studies you can pick up where ever you leave off.

Old 08-16-2016, 01:53 PM

she will also be attending the same college that I'm attending

Old 08-16-2016, 02:17 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,010,846 times
if it is meant to be, you'll find back to each other.

Old 08-16-2016, 02:25 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,772,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
if it is meant to be, you'll find back to each other.
^^this. It happens, but don't count on it. Date, grow, learn.

Old 08-16-2016, 02:59 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,736,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo3232 View Post
Me and my girlfriend of two years just recently broke up, I'm heading off to college and she's going to be a senior in high school. The break-up was mutual because she didn't want to hold me back from growing as a person and experiencing college which is very respectable on my part. This girl means the world to me and its been the greatest two years of my life! she was my best friend and we did everything together. We always had talks about our future and our kids names and all that stuff. My girlfriends mother is a teacher at the local school district and my next door neighbor is the I.T person and my neighbor was talking to my girlfriends mother and my girlfriends mom said that she was making my girlfriend (Abby) break up with me before i head off to college. The past two weeks prior to our break up our communication was lacking and now that i think about it, she was probably trying to make it easier on the both of us. Long story short, do you see us having a future together?

Your thread has made me smile . It is really nice to be reminded that there are guys that think like this. Sadly no one can know the answer to this in advance. Only time will tell. The world is such a big and complicated place.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:15 PM

352 posts, read 234,415 times
Oh eve and veuvegirl have it:

You keep your options open the entire way around. Don't write her off forever , stay in touch yet don't hold yourself back either. IMO

Many, many years ago I went through a similar scenario. I was glad I got back with her at age 20 because the 3 years that followed with her were awesome. Almost married her.

You are young enough that things will truly happen for you for a solid reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships